New Arsenal Anthem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: New Arsenal Anthem

Postby dubgooner » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:03 pm

100% agree, but Emirates is way too quiet during games. Arousing song is needed.
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby liam_cork » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:The club need to give us something to sing about. I bet if we won the fa cup and they played the wonder of you at Wembley it'd catch on! Anthems come from memories of great nights, they can't be manufactured!

you know, you might be onto something there
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:41 pm

We need a battle song, a couple of big drums to shake the stadium and get a right fortress atmosphere going!
An old style millitary tune that takes us back to our roots, where the name Gunners came from! You could always add lyrics! Get them quaking in their boots & opposition supporters feeling uneasy! :D

(as iiiiiiif the board/do-gooders would allow, think a certain person would have apoplexy!!!) :rofll:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby dubgooner » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:19 pm

it was put forward to the club to have a cannon fire a blank on the pitch as the teams came out, but i'd be afraid our players would end up firing blanks in front of goal.
but i like the cannon idea!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm

dubgooner wrote:it was put forward to the club to have a cannon fire a blank on the pitch as the teams came out, but i'd be afraid our players would end up firing blanks in front of goal.

That seems like something we would do over here in America, and I'm American and I don't like it. Keep it English!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 pm

dubgooner wrote:it was put forward to the club to have a cannon fire a blank on the pitch as the teams came out, but i'd be afraid our players would end up firing blanks in front of goal.

lol cheers, the sound of a cannon would be good, just before KO, im sure they could recreate the image on the big screen too.
Bit of patriotism mixed in as well, just to show pride of where we came from. :)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:11 pm

I like the cannon idea
and no need for blanks when the yids come to visit
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dubgooner » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:I like the cannon idea

classic!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:I like the cannon idea

PMSL 2nd that! :arse fan:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby The Goats Horn » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:We need a battle song, a couple of big drums to shake the stadium and get a right fortress atmosphere going!
An old style millitary tune that takes us back to our roots, where the name Gunners came from! You could always add lyrics! Get them quaking in their boots & opposition supporters feeling uneasy! :D

Drums,I like it ;)

Even that guy ringing the bell for Portsmouth is very effective at stirring the crowd
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Well maybe someone who is heavily involved & gets t games should put it to the club or supporters trust. ;) Cheers for hte vote of confidence.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby VCC » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Thunderstruck AcDc with cannons but i do like the military song thing how about dads Army theme song...............who do you think you are kidding Mr Arsene if you think ole Arsenals done..........we are the boys who will stop your little game we are the boys who will make you flee again.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 pm

PMSL @ VCC...creased! :rofll:

I was thinking more along the lines of the Grenadier March, even got red coats so that fits if it rocks your boat, plus they are traditionally london based, take the pipes off this & we have the perfect battle call! :sneaky2:

She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby VCC » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:54 pm

S<G<W we can always give them all a flute be like the world cup in South Africa,seriously i do like that drum beat sounds like the indian drums at little bighorn Arsene last stand lmao
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am

VCC wrote:S<G<W we can always give them all a flute be like the world cup in South Africa,seriously i do like that drum beat sounds like the indian drums at little bighorn Arsene last stand lmao

It has got a good rally, aint it! :frogwink:

One things for sure need something to get the side going, the players who are committed must be feeling the heat atm with all this unrest surrounding the club, cant be easy in the dressing room.
Just wish i was in theposition to be able to attend games like i used to, so i could be part of it. Need to get rid of that entertainment mentality, those who dont like standing, chanting ect, i mean wtf they doing at games if thats their view!
Cant fault our away crowd just unfortunate that atmosphere is not generated throughout the emirates.

:arsenal3:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk