New Arsenal Anthem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

New Arsenal Anthem

Postby dubgooner » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 pm

There seems to be a big push for a new Arsenal Anthem. Trevor Jones has written a couple of very good songs. One called "RED ARMY" is a super warm up song and he has another called "the FINAL SONG", which is very much like a " You'll never walk alone" song. I think both are good enough to be played on the PA at the Emirates. We could do with a bit of noise, to get a real atmosphere going at the Emirates.
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: New Arsenal Anthem

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:40 am

dubgooner wrote:There seems to be a big push for a new Arsenal Anthem. Trevor Jones has written a couple of very good songs. One called "RED ARMY" is a super warm up song and he has another called "the FINAL SONG", which is very much like a " You'll never walk alone" song. I think both are good enough to be played on the PA at the Emirates. We could do with a bit of noise, to get a real atmosphere going at the Emirates.

We need an athem, I agree.

My brother is a Chelsea fan and every time Chelsea plays, he's always singing a different tune every 5 minutes. He told me they have an anthem for every player (I, personally, thought that that was a bit much when he told me). Anyway, their songs have a great tune to them, but what annoys me is when they get replayed over and over again.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby dubgooner » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:55 am

Anfields you'll never walk alone is a phenomenal crowd and team rousing song. We could do with something like it.
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby shamrock11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:51 am

Gunner11 wrote:
dubgooner wrote:There seems to be a big push for a new Arsenal Anthem. Trevor Jones has written a couple of very good songs. One called "RED ARMY" is a super warm up song and he has another called "the FINAL SONG", which is very much like a " You'll never walk alone" song. I think both are good enough to be played on the PA at the Emirates. We could do with a bit of noise, to get a real atmosphere going at the Emirates.

My brother is a Chelsea fan and every time Chelsea plays, he's always singing a different tune every 5 minutes. He told me they have an anthem for every player (I, personally, thought that that was a bit much when he told me). Anyway, their songs have a great tune to them, but what annoys me is when they get replayed over and over again.

Have you ever been in stamshit bridge
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:57 am

Gunner11 wrote:

You can't be serious this has to be a WUM post
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dubgooner » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:49 am

WUM post?
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Wind Up Merchant
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dubgooner » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:59 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Wind Up Merchant

Not at all. I really like the Red Army song to be played as team comes out of tunnel.
What's wrong about making a bit of noise!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Not you. Matey boy who reckons Chelsea have good vocal support.

Regarding the songs, the one called The Final Song is good, the other one less so. But the thing is we have had various anthems in the past in various era's but the club never bought into any of them so they dwindled out. They are not in touch with the fan base
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:08 pm

shamrock11 wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:

Have you ever been in stamshit bridge

Never been to any Football Stadium in England, because I live in America. I haven't even heard any of their anthems officially. Never bothered to look them up in Youtube either. I just know some of them from what my brother sings.

CynicalGooner wrote:Not you. Matey boy who reckons Chelsea have good vocal support.

Regarding the songs, the one called The Final Song is good, the other one less so. But the thing is we have had various anthems in the past in various era's but the club never bought into any of them so they dwindled out. They are not in touch with the fan base

:doh:
As I said, it frustrates me when my brother keeps singing their anthems every time Chelsea plays. They're catchy and stick in your head when they're played over and over again. I didn't mean to say they have a great tune. What I meant to say is that they "stick in your head." It came across wrong. My choice of words sometimes fail me :lipssealed:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Zedie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:26 pm

anyone got a link to the final song being sung?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm not sold on "the wonder of you" anthem we have, don't think the fans relate to it.

I think we should bring this back:

Anyone has a footage of fans at highbury chanting this?
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:36 pm

" My old man said be a tottenham fan" should be our anthem
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm

It should be who's that team they call the Arsenal ;)
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby The Goats Horn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Jesus I just listened to those two songs (red army and final song) they are the most shocking pile of shite I've ever heard!

Wonder of you sucks too

ACDC Thunderstruck for the entrance
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk