Willian

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Willian Borges da Silva (12)

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 am

No ones going to cover £200k pw I'm sure.

Which means we'd be stuck with him after he's outed himself, I think he wants an Ozil situation where he just sits at home and collects a cheque.

Signing him was a retarded thing to do especially at those wages.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon May 17, 2021 1:52 am

Loan him for 50% of his wages. That reduces our loses by a third.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 am

Mou on Willian
“We cannot pay the wages that he gets at Arsenal, so I didn’t want to waste our time because we cannot pay these wages.

“He is still dangerous, he is still one of the best players in the Premier League.

“Apart from that, he is a good friend. I have nothing to hide in relation to that. We keep in touch, we keep in contact, we call each other.

“We wish good things to each other. He is my friend and of course he is a very good player.”
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 am

swipe right wrote:Bro, I’m talking about transfer fee. If you add transfer fee to his wages it’s a no go. But if you offer him to inter or Juve for no transfer fee you may see interest. Their managers rate him and his experience would be good in Italy. With us he seems disinterested and boy wonders tactics don’t seem to work for him.

I get what you're saying - and I hope you're right and there is a club willing to risk 20m - but I very much doubt it.

Spend 20m to get maybe 60 games from a 33/34 year old who will then walk away for free .... I'm afraid only Arsenal give out those sort of deals.

We should just offer to pay out his contract - here's 10m now bugger off - but we don't have the stones (or the cash) to make those tough calls.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Bro, I’m talking about transfer fee. If you add transfer fee to his wages it’s a no go. But if you offer him to inter or Juve for no transfer fee you may see interest. Their managers rate him and his experience would be good in Italy. With us he seems disinterested and boy wonders tactics don’t seem to work for him.

I get what you're saying - and I hope you're right and there is a club willing to risk 20m - but I very much doubt it.

Spend 20m to get maybe 60 games from a 33/34 year old who will then walk away for free .... I'm afraid only Arsenal give out those sort of deals.

We should just offer to pay out his contract - here's 10m now bugger off - but we don't have the stones (or the cash) to make those tough calls.

He’ll do fine in Italy. He was playing superb in his last season at Chelsea. Played 47 games, scored 11 times and assisted 9 times. It’s obvious Arteta can’t manage him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 am

We didn't learn from the ozil fee, we did the same with Auba in the twilight of his career,and go do the same with Willian who is like Ozil only going to fire in an environment full of quality
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 am

VCC wrote:We didn't learn from the ozil fee, we did the same with Auba in the twilight of his career,and go do the same with Willian who is like Ozil only going to fire in an environment full of quality

I know, you couldn't make it up. I used to post on another forum and I was the only one saying we shouldn't give Aubu so much money at his age, I was shouted down, we have to keep him - at all costs. I look on the forum occasionally and they are all saying the we shouldn't have given him such a huge salary.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Mon May 17, 2021 8:45 am

Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote:We didn't learn from the ozil fee, we did the same with Auba in the twilight of his career,and go do the same with Willian who is like Ozil only going to fire in an environment full of quality

I know, you couldn't make it up. I used to post on another forum and I was the only one saying we shouldn't give Aubu so much money at his age, I was shouted down, we have to keep him - at all costs. I look on the forum occasionally and they are all saying the we shouldn't have given him such a huge salary.

Of the three he was the one worthy of a risk it's the length of risk that hurts.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 17, 2021 8:47 am

VCC wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Of the three he was the one worthy of a risk it's the length of risk that hurts.

It's a shame we couldn't have given him a year but on a rolling contract if performances warranted it. We might have had a bit more out of him this year at least. Can't blame him for the malaria thing though, he must have been playing feeling a bit rough. His performance had dropped off long before then though.
Goonerred

Postby Alexis » Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 am

I think this guy got sold on artetas speech about winning CL in 3 years. Arteta seems to know how to talk shite and get people believing in it. Bet William thought he was coming to be even better plus his best mate David Luis being here and the good contract on offer all aligned perfectly for him.

Fast forward a year and he now realised arteta was full of shite and with best mate Luis fukin off and him knowing he's absolutely despised by the fans, he's making the good decision of legging it before the stadiums are filled again.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Alexis wrote:I think this guy got sold on artetas speech about winning CL in 3 years. Arteta seems to know how to talk shite and get people believing in it. Bet William thought he was coming to be even better plus his best mate David Luis being here and the good contract on offer all aligned perfectly for him.

Fast forward a year and he now realised arteta was full of shite and with best mate Luis fukin off and him knowing he's absolutely despised by the fans, he's making the good decision of legging it before the stadiums are filled again.

These are experienced footballers though. Willian and Arteta have played against each other several times, and WIllian's gone much further in the CL than Arteta (or Arsenal in the 2010s) ever had.

I think Willian was just speaking in jest or using flowery language to describe Arteta's vision for CL. He signed for the paycheque like the rest of them, and probably expected a safe couple of years in Top 6 and Europa.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 17, 2021 8:34 pm

swipe right wrote:Loan him for 50% of his wages. That reduces our loses by a third.

So another player we're paying for who's adding nothing to the club, just like we did with Ozil.

Great idea.

We may as well just keep him and play him in crappy games / cover, either that or we pay him £100k pw for absolutely nothing in return.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue May 18, 2021 12:46 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Loan him for 50% of his wages. That reduces our loses by a third.

So another player we're paying for who's adding nothing to the club, just like we did with Ozil.

Great idea.

We may as well just keep him and play him in crappy games / cover, either that or we pay him £100k pw for absolutely nothing in return.

It’s called cutting your loses.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 18, 2021 9:38 am

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

He’ll do fine in Italy. He was playing superb in his last season at Chelsea. Played 47 games, scored 11 times and assisted 9 times. It’s obvious Arteta can’t manage him.

Good point here. I supported the Willian transfer, I thought it was a good bit of business. His first game vs Fulham was a good debut and I expected him to carry on in that vein, alas what we have seen from his has been mostly woeful. But he was excellent for Chelsea last season. There is a theme here, I don't understand how so many people do not see it. So many decent players playing shite at the same time, its not a bloody player conspiracy to get Arteta sacked, Arteta is the bloody problem !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue May 18, 2021 9:54 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Good point here. I supported the Willian transfer, I thought it was a good bit of business. His first game vs Fulham was a good debut and I expected him to carry on in that vein, alas what we have seen from his has been mostly woeful. But he was excellent for Chelsea last season. There is a theme here, I don't understand how so many people do not see it. So many decent players playing shite at the same time, its not a bloody player conspiracy to get Arteta sacked, Arteta is the bloody problem !

The Bermuda Triangle of managers.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football