Kroenke in advanced talks to take over Arsenal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke in advanced talks to take over Arsenal

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Leody wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:I am afraid kroenke is in it for nothing other than the money. And this is bad news for us because Kroenke is not so rich that he can buy us outright i think he will take a loan out and land it on the club. So after clearing all that debt we will have bigger debt. Happy days.

I told you so!

http://www.forbes.com/profile/stanley-kroenke

He's only worth $2.6B and the 440th wealthiest man alive, you're right, he's not that rich...

And if he were in it only for the money, it'd be business as usual then and nothing would change. So why worry? :dontknow:

The deal to buy Arsenal is going to cost him almost £1 billion. You think with a wealth of $2.6B he would just pay that in cash?

Usmanov is much richer, he can buy us for a Billion and still not worry about the rest of his wealth. Thats what I meant by he is no tthat rich.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:25 pm

shamrock11 wrote:He seems to be a bit of a prick,that i think would get us bankrupt

and you base that on what? He is richer than Abramovich. We have seen what the americans do, look at united and liverpool. I have no reason to believe usmanov will screw us up. Ideally i would like someone like sheikh mansour to take us over but the next best thing would be someone like abramovich i.e. usmanov.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:He seems to be a bit of a prick,that i think would get us bankrupt

and you base that on what? He is richer than Abramovich. We have seen what the americans do, look at united and liverpool. I have no reason to believe usmanov will screw us up. Ideally i would like someone like sheikh mansour to take us over but the next best thing would be someone like abramovich i.e. usmanov.

These American bringing debt to clubs is very generalising and degrading and it needs to stop, especially when you see the types of people who bought those clubs.

I think you really need to do your homework on Usmanov and his past and Kroenke and his.

You do also realise that Chelsea OWE Abramovic nearly £700m, or did you not know that?

He gave his own club and business a loan, yes, lets do that.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 pm

I don't want any single man in charge but to be honest I'd take Kroenke over Usmanov. Kroenke has a history of owning sports teams at least. He owns an MLS team and therefore obviously knows he is not going to make billions, plus does anyone really believe he hasn't done his homework? or hasn't paid attention to whats gone on at the mancs and scousers?

I am not saying roll out the red carpet, but at least he isn't a rapist.
Last edited by Fabrestuta on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Does this mean we will spend and buy a GK and a defender and possible a striker :D if so im all for it if it means nothing then i dont want it.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goose » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Rumours around that Dein is going to return.....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm

ProudGooner wrote:I dont like this at all. I dont like Kroenke. He doesnt speak to AST, has never spoken to them, has never spoken to the fans or made a public statement ever. This from a majority shareholder. He will run things like this too. I prefer Usmanov, he is much richer and had promised to give wenger all the money he needs. Atleast he made a statement and made his intention clear what has Kroenke ever done?

Exactly. The fact that Kroenke refuses to speak to the press or make any statement whatsoever to pacify fans regarding his intentions is quite frankly a disgrace and it sums him up as an owner and a businessman. He probably loves the corporate, soulless way the club is run right now, if he assumes control I fully expect him to change very little (not a good thing in some areas) yet utilise his position to take money out of Arsenal as and when he wants. It also removes any option of things changing for the better in the future. He's in it for himself and NOTHING else and that's never a good thing for the fans. He intends to make more money out of Arsenal for himself than he ever puts in. Football clubs should never be invested in with those intentions, it only causes misery for the people who really care.

Though I disagree about Usmanov. The lesser of the 3 evils is to maintain the status quo.

f**k off Kroenke, don't need you, don't want you.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Cynical, what 'big' club isn't run in a completely soulless manner?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Does it make a difference?

Wenger wont spend any money the Yank gives him
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Goose wrote:Rumours around that Dein is going to return.....

I'd be happier if that was the case.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:33 pm

elkanofan wrote:Cynical, what 'big' club isn't run in a completely soulless manner?

None, or very few. But ours is by far and away the worst. Why does that matter anyway?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Has Abramovich ever spoken to Chelski's supporters trust? or anyone for that matter? This isn't the 1960's where the top men are "salt of the Earth pie and chips eating Joe Soaps". Football clubs are businesses, and as such are run like any big business, plain and simple, the sooner people stop pretending otherwise the calmer you will become.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:

These American bringing debt to clubs is very generalising and degrading and it needs to stop, especially when you see the types of people who bought those clubs.

I think you really need to do your homework on Usmanov and his past and Kroenke and his.

You do also realise that Chelsea OWE Abramovic nearly £700m, or did you not know that?

He gave his own club and business a loan, yes, lets do that.

And I believe that should he wish to sever ties with Chelsea they'd have 18 months to repay the loan.
Careful what you wish for.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Many economic forecasts say that the dollar is going to collapse leading to hyperinflation and a worthless dollar. If he buys arsenal and the s*** hits the fan in the US where does that leave us? (google US dollar collapse and read the articles from the last week/month whatever to see where things are headed).

Arsenal will be an American company and if so will our worth and especially will our bank balance be in dollars? If so they could devalue rapidly and all our money saved could be gone without spending it. I am imagining (correct me if I am wrong) that our current bank account is in GBP or maybe Euros or both. If Kroenke buys us will it stay in those currencies or will he convert them to dollars? (that may be a naive question but I no nothing about club finances) If the US economy collapses will he care about Arsenal to protect us from it or may he use us to protect himself?

Alot of if's here and there is alot of debate about where the US economy is headed but from what I can gather and from what many independent economists and finance firms are saying I am worried about an American buying us at the moment.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Can't see why he'd want to convert the club's bank balance into dollars.....?

:think:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk