It was not an heroic failure so time to move on

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: It was not an heroic failure so time to move on

Postby Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Libertine wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:i haven't the time or inclination to read through all the threads on the disaster that was our last match but has anyone questioned Wengers thinking that led to us playing Barca in the first place rather then finishing top of the group and thus securing (in theory) an easier tie?

I did...

We should never have faced Barca at this stage in the first place.

Got to play the best teams at some stage.
I don't see how beating Copenhagen or whoever in this round and then going out in the same fashion to Barcelona in the next would've been any more palatable? :dontknow:

It wouldn't have been more palatable - it would have been worse, cos our hopes would have been higher getting so close to the final. I was more thinking that perhaps another team might have had the games of their lives and knocked Barca out before getting complacent and crumbling in the next round when faced with us! :cloud9: :cloud9: Nice dream anyway...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

It was not an heroic failure so time to move on

Postby Git » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Libertine wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:i haven't the time or inclination to read through all the threads on the disaster that was our last match but has anyone questioned Wengers thinking that led to us playing Barca in the first place rather then finishing top of the group and thus securing (in theory) an easier tie?

I did...

We should never have faced Barca at this stage in the first place.

Got to play the best teams at some stage.
I don't see how beating Copenhagen or whoever in this round and then going out in the same fashion to Barcelona in the next would've been any more palatable? :dontknow:

More monies for the board. :D
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk