Szczesny vs Fabianski

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

?

Szczesny
79%
Fabianski
21%

Total votes : 34

Re: Szczesny vs Fabianski

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Szczes all day. Hes got a goalie's size, a goaliess heart, a goalie's crazyness to name a few. He broke two arms at the same time and came back stronger ffs.

Plus, like others have said, hes not a confidence player, he shakes setbacks off instead of letting it affect his form.

At 20 years old we got a proper diamond on our hands.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Fabianski deserves another shot, that is all.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm

I originally voted for Flappers but we will have to stick with Szczesny. It is a bit unfair on Flappers, he was in his best form and then got injured. Szczesny is still a bit erratic and make decisions on impulse rather than rational, but he can only learn and these traits are expected with younger players. He should grow out of it soon.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Whatever happens, i just hope one of them has the number 1 shirt on their back come the start of the season. In goal is one position where you don't want to have uncertainty.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:00 am

Bristol_Gunner wrote:I originally voted for Flappers but we will have to stick with Szczesny. It is a bit unfair on Flappers, he was in his best form and then got injured. Szczesny is still a bit erratic and make decisions on impulse rather than rational, but he can only learn and these traits are expected with younger players. He should grow out of it soon.

+1

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 am

Bristol_Gunner wrote:I originally voted for Flappers but we will have to stick with Szczesny. It is a bit unfair on Flappers, he was in his best form and then got injured. Szczesny is still a bit erratic and make decisions on impulse rather than rational, but he can only learn and these traits are expected with younger players. He should grow out of it soon.

how many points will his learning process cost us though?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gzagee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 am

You pick the player in form. Chesny is that man so stick with him.
Fabi is a very good back-up and will get his chance at some point. He just needs to show he's completely over those mental demons that used to beset him before.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:45 am

GunnGunn wrote:Whatever happens, i just hope one of them has the number 1 shirt on their back come the start of the season. In goal is one position where you don't want to have uncertainty.

But uncertainty will reign anyway. It'll be like last season with no clear number 1. And with Mannone too, no idea whats going on with him
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:55 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Whatever happens, i just hope one of them has the number 1 shirt on their back come the start of the season. In goal is one position where you don't want to have uncertainty.

But uncertainty will reign anyway. It'll be like last season with no clear number 1. And with Mannone too, no idea whats going on with him

I agree with you, I remember an interview with Wenger last year where he said we do not have a clear number 1 and you have to fight for your place. I do think that before the season starts he has to say for certain that Szczesney of Flappers is our no 1.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CraigGunner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 am

Cannot believe a poll has been started about it TBH. Szczesny by miles.
CraigGunner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby The Goats Horn » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 am

Szczesny will certainly be our number one unless he goes through some diabolical run of mistakes or of course suffers injury.I like Fabianski and thing he has been quite unlucky but for me Szczesny has more traits to becoming a top keeper in the future.I maintain that he will one the World's best keeper's in a couple of years,of course he will make the odd error but even Casillas and Buffon do that.
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Arguments for enduring a player during his development really don't make any sense to me though because in the past we have gotten mad at this very situation with people like Diaby or Denilson.

I rate Szczesny highly and of course he will be a massive goalkeeper in the future, but I absolutely do not feel as comfortable with him in goal as I did with Fabianski in his prime. Fabianski was the best keeper in the league on the form he was on around the City game but this wasn't made clear to anyone who couldn't look past the woeful defending from Squillaci and mistakes from Koschielny in front of Lukasz.

His distrubtion is better than Szczesny, no question about it. His shot blocking is better than Szczesny, no question about it. The only thing you may argue that Szczesny has is a more commanding presence but I would argue even that point based off how beast Fabianski was 10/11, its his past that makes Arsenal fans question whether or not what they saw from Lukasz was real.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk