Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 pm

I would try him off auba, if he can't do anything in a 2 then sell
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
User avatar
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9709
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:14 pm

aniym wrote:Not a big game player


If he is one thing, it is that. Scored against Atletico, City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Valencia, Napoli
User avatar
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I would try him off auba, if he can't do anything in a 2 then sell


He's had enough chances and not even a goal or two can sort his head out. His overall play has fallen off a cliff.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:28 pm

He's wasted playing in that front four just 24 touches with 2 shots both missing ... he didn't win a single header all night, if he wasn't frustrated before he will be now ...

If Auba is going then we either give Laca an extension and make him our main man or we sell him, letting him run down his contract simply can't be allowed to happen. With no CL football almost certain again next season not sure he will want to stay anyway, 29 in the summer he has one big move left but maybe only if he jumps now.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby gooney » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:Iwobi didnt get lower wage to go to Everton. The man had a club willing to pay 35 million on him, so they were bound to give him better wages than us. Also he wasnt a big earner here. You really think a french club can pay him what we are outside of psg who dont want him? Look at the players age, level last 12 month and wages and you will realise how hard it would be to move him. Iwobi was still in his early 20s


One thing that fkin annoys me when speaking to certain people on here is when people make up their own narrative.

Who in the fk said that Laca would be earning less? how the fk do you know what he'll be offered??

Banging on about French clubs, last time the rumour was possibly Atheltico were interested, also, even if he went from £180k to £150k if we tell him he'll be benched for 24 months and we're moving on without him then that's usually enough to make a player feel insulted enough that he does go.

Again, this is all speculation ............. but we sell players, end of.

Stop making out like its some miraculous occurrence.

You live in Lapland. Don’t blame me for that. Arsenal is not gonna say to a player they both for 50 million and is on 180k a week we will bench you for 24 months. All he will do is let his agent leak it and stay for 12 months. His value will go way down and with Auba leaving and paying Ava 180k a week and not playing him. Who is gonna lead the line? We buy one striker and promote nketiah and Martinelli? Yeah good like playing 2 young players and see how consistent they are and see how the manager justify not using a a at all. Nketiah is trash btw. This is not FM. This is the real world. Arsenal has been unable to move Ozil for god knows how long
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:51 am

gooney wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:Iwobi didnt get lower wage to go to Everton. The man had a club willing to pay 35 million on him, so they were bound to give him better wages than us. Also he wasnt a big earner here. You really think a french club can pay him what we are outside of psg who dont want him? Look at the players age, level last 12 month and wages and you will realise how hard it would be to move him. Iwobi was still in his early 20s


One thing that fkin annoys me when speaking to certain people on here is when people make up their own narrative.

Who in the fk said that Laca would be earning less? how the fk do you know what he'll be offered??

Banging on about French clubs, last time the rumour was possibly Atheltico were interested, also, even if he went from £180k to £150k if we tell him he'll be benched for 24 months and we're moving on without him then that's usually enough to make a player feel insulted enough that he does go.

Again, this is all speculation ............. but we sell players, end of.

Stop making out like its some miraculous occurrence.

You live in Lapland. Don’t blame me for that. Arsenal is not gonna say to a player they both for 50 million and is on 180k a week we will bench you for 24 months. All he will do is let his agent leak it and stay for 12 months. His value will go way down and with Auba leaving and paying Ava 180k a week and not playing him. Who is gonna lead the line? We buy one striker and promote nketiah and Martinelli? Yeah good like playing 2 young players and see how consistent they are and see how the manager justify not using a a at all. Nketiah is trash btw. This is not FM. This is the real world. Arsenal has been unable to move Ozil for god knows how long


Stop using the Ozil angle, Ozil is one of the highest paid players in the Premier league, its not the same thing at all.

Lacazette could get £150k at another club, its feasable, Ozil getting £350k anywhere else is not.

............. and again, you say FM like players aren't sold every year.

Shout your fantasies as much as you want, it doesn't make it the truth, not too long ago Atheltico had him on their list.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21298
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby gooney » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Just because a club wants a player certain time, doesn’t mean they will always want him. Laca is having a stinker of season. This is like saying Leicester wanted to buy Elneny once or Leicester offered 20 million for chambers once. We can easily sell them. Laca is here to stay
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:22 pm

gooney wrote:Just because a club wants a player certain time, doesn’t mean they will always want him. Laca is having a stinker of season. This is like saying Leicester wanted to buy Elneny once or Leicester offered 20 million for chambers once. We can easily sell them. Laca is here to stay


He probably is because I think Auba leaving is an opportunity for him in his mind .......... however, again stop stating things when you don't know.

What if Laca puts together a goal a game for the rest of the season and someone comes in for him?

Until you know whether or not a club is going to sound out an offer which no one know's till summer your words are empty BS so just stop.

Your judging the situation on today, last time I checked the Window opens in 4-5 months and a lot could change by then.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21298
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby gooney » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:Just because a club wants a player certain time, doesn’t mean they will always want him. Laca is having a stinker of season. This is like saying Leicester wanted to buy Elneny once or Leicester offered 20 million for chambers once. We can easily sell them. Laca is here to stay


He probably is because I think Auba leaving is an opportunity for him in his mind .......... however, again stop stating things when you don't know.

What if Laca puts together a goal a game for the rest of the season and someone comes in for him?

Until you know whether or not a club is going to sound out an offer which no one know's till summer your words are empty BS so just stop.

Your judging the situation on today, last time I checked the Window opens in 4-5 months and a lot could change by then.

I’m judging it on his overall time here, fee we bought him for and his wages. I’m judging on Arsenals long history and knowingly they are not gonna sell Auba and laca. I’m judging on our standing right now and won’t get better striker on paper than laca. I’m judging this on living in the real world and knowing how far this club has fallen. We won’t be in Europe next season at all. If you believe Arsenal is suddenly gonna spend big you are in fantasy world. Just accept where we are
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Goonerz » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 pm

I really rate Laca and he is my favourite player in the squad but wow, he has been so poor for 2 seasons now.
He keeps doing everything wrong.
Absolutely poor.
Don’t know what to say anymore.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
User avatar
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:33 pm

He should be benched. He was by far the worst player on the pitch and missed too many chances over both legs. I'm still thinking about the one he missed in the first leg where he just hit it at the keeper. We could have at least gone into last nights game with a 2nil lead.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:00 pm

gooney wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:Just because a club wants a player certain time, doesn’t mean they will always want him. Laca is having a stinker of season. This is like saying Leicester wanted to buy Elneny once or Leicester offered 20 million for chambers once. We can easily sell them. Laca is here to stay


He probably is because I think Auba leaving is an opportunity for him in his mind .......... however, again stop stating things when you don't know.

What if Laca puts together a goal a game for the rest of the season and someone comes in for him?

Until you know whether or not a club is going to sound out an offer which no one know's till summer your words are empty BS so just stop.

Your judging the situation on today, last time I checked the Window opens in 4-5 months and a lot could change by then.

I’m judging it on his overall time here, fee we bought him for and his wages. I’m judging on Arsenals long history and knowingly they are not gonna sell Auba and laca. I’m judging on our standing right now and won’t get better striker on paper than laca. I’m judging this on living in the real world and knowing how far this club has fallen. We won’t be in Europe next season at all. If you believe Arsenal is suddenly gonna spend big you are in fantasy world. Just accept where we are


I just can't talk to you because your too thick.

Why are you bringing up what Arsenal are going to spend? where in this entire conversation have I ever made the statement that Arsenal will spend big? why are saying accept where we are, where have I said we're going to be anywhere? in fact I've been stating we won't see CL for at least 3 years, soooo ......... wtf are you talking about?

Conversation with gooney.

DG: "Hey gooney, what colours the sky?"

gooney: "Seven"

DG: "Alrighty then"

......................... :doh:
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21298
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Losmeister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Power n Glory wrote:He should be benched. He was by far the worst player on the pitch and missed too many chances over both legs. I'm still thinking about the one he missed in the first leg where he just hit it at the keeper. We could have at least gone into last nights game with a 2nil lead.


yup , he's fallen off a cliff... sad and true. worse than giroud.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9942
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby aniym » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:48 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
aniym wrote:Not a big game player


If he is one thing, it is that. Scored against Atletico, City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Valencia, Napoli


For sure, he has done well for us in the last EL campaign. In fact last year he had 32 goals and assists in all comps.

That's all disappeared this year.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6413
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He should be benched. He was by far the worst player on the pitch and missed too many chances over both legs. I'm still thinking about the one he missed in the first leg where he just hit it at the keeper. We could have at least gone into last nights game with a 2nil lead.


yup , he's fallen off a cliff... sad and true. worse than giroud.


I swear Giroud was caught cheating when he went through a similar dry spell. I don't know if Lacazette's personal life is messing with his game but we can't afford to carry him.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: theHotHead, vernakm18 and 7 guests