Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby PairyGrows » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:10 pm

knowledge93 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Jury still out - would be nice if he started providing assists ...... and get time in EL games ....

Lacazette - 717 minutes 5 goals 0 assists

Kane - 1048 minutes 13 goals 2 assists
Lukaku - 1170 minutes 10 goals 3 assists
Aguero - 688 minutes 8 goals 3 assists
Sterling - 644 minutes 9 goals 2 assists
Morata - 804 minutes 7 goals 3 assists

Those players you've mentioned have been playing alongside better players all season. Last week was the first time he played with Ozil and Sanchez. Playing with the likes of Iwobi and Welbeck is not gonna help you get goals or assists.

He'll be playing with the likes of Welbeck and Iwobi next season when Ozil and Alexis are gone.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:12 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
knowledge93 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Jury still out - would be nice if he started providing assists ...... and get time in EL games ....

Lacazette - 717 minutes 5 goals 0 assists

Kane - 1048 minutes 13 goals 2 assists
Lukaku - 1170 minutes 10 goals 3 assists
Aguero - 688 minutes 8 goals 3 assists
Sterling - 644 minutes 9 goals 2 assists
Morata - 804 minutes 7 goals 3 assists

Those players you've mentioned have been playing alongside better players all season. Last week was the first time he played with Ozil and Sanchez. Playing with the likes of Iwobi and Welbeck is not gonna help you get goals or assists.

He'll be playing with the likes of Welbeck and Iwobi next season when Ozil and Alexis are gone.

No need, we can sell him and have Welbeck, Walcott and Iwobi as our three wingers with Ramsey as the CAM behind them, Xhaka and Elneny in midfield
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Dunno why people are worried about Lacazette, the man knows where the goal is. In 14 starts for us in all competitions including friendlies, he has 14 starts and 7 goals. And even if he had scored fewer goals, so what, new league, new team, new language etc, let the man settle in.

Fear not said he.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Callum wrote:the dutch bergkamp

This :hail:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm a big fan of Lacazette. It is absolutely a breath of fresh air after 5 years of agony watching Giroud lead our line and struggle to control a football. Giroud pretty much made football more stress than enjoyment for me and Lacazette being our man up front is fixing that feeling.

With Sanchez and Ozil starting with him he could be incredible.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm

ChrisSuperG wrote:I'm a big fan of Lacazette. It is absolutely a breath of fresh air after 5 years of agony watching Giroud lead our line and struggle to control a football. Giroud pretty much made football more stress than enjoyment for me and Lacazette being our man up front is fixing that feeling.

With Sanchez and Ozil starting with him he could be incredible.

Agreed.

I almost gave up watching matches because of Giroud.

Came for the enjoyment, left in tears, I had enough of feeling like an abused spouse.

Lacazette has brought the joy back.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:59 pm

theHotHead wrote:Dunno why people are worried about Lacazette, the man knows where the goal is. In 14 starts for us in all competitions including friendlies, he has 14 starts and 7 goals. And even if he had scored fewer goals, so what, new league, new team, new language etc, let the man settle in.

Fear not said he.

So how long do we have to wait till our record signing settles in we don't have time for this. He better starts to perform soon against man. city for example...
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:09 pm

Kite33 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Dunno why people are worried about Lacazette, the man knows where the goal is. In 14 starts for us in all competitions including friendlies, he has 14 starts and 7 goals. And even if he had scored fewer goals, so what, new league, new team, new language etc, let the man settle in.

Fear not said he.

So how long do we have to wait till our record signing settles in we don't have time for this. He better starts to perform soon against man. city for example...

He's scoring more goals than Giroud in harder competitions.

I've been waiting for Giroud to "settle" for 5 years.

Giroud couldn't even score against Norwich and had to be bailed out by a minor.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:09 am

What kind of argument is this? Did lacazette score against stoke or swansea? Two shit teams...did he score against Liverpool or Chelsea? .giroud has proved it against the biggest teams...the worrying thing about lacazette is he does not get many scoring opportunities because he is not fast enough. Against Manchester City he will have the next chance to show he is apparently Worldclass and worth 60 millions
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 am

Some players settle faster than others, nothing wrong with that, even if it took until next season, so be it many players have a better second season than their first.

But like I said, he has a goal every other game based on game starts so far which is a widely respected goal return for a striker so like I said, not sure why people are complaining or worried.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 am

if i buy a player for 60 millions i expect this guy to perform from day one For Diamondgooner he is a Worldclass striker...aguero,silva,sanchez and so on did not need time to settle. If you are good enough then it is not a problem.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:14 am

Kite33 wrote:...did he score against Liverpool

Bit difficult to do that considering he never even played in that game.

Also i don't count Lacazette as WC and never have, he is a good striker, not WC, WC ST's cost £90m these days, your £60m valuation is very 2014.

He has scored more than Giroud, end of discussion in a higher level competition.

The days of Giroud getting a pass and excuses are over, fk him, he scores I'm happy, but he is not and never will / should be 1st choice, we've had him for 5 years+ and he's never been anything but average for all the minutes Wenger's gifted him over other players.

Your other excuse as well "Lacazette costs £60m, Giroud cost £20m" ...... means what exactly?that even the market know's Laca's better? ...... if that's your point I agree.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

I do like Lacazette but i'm not blown away by him. He's clinical, has a good shot and link up well with other players, which I like a lot. But I also find him to be slower than I thought he would be and he's got limited dribbling abilities. He won't score 30+ goals like he did in the French league, that is for sure. If gets to say, 25, i'll be very very happy with him.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ChrisSuperG » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:16 am

Do not blame Lacazette for his price tag. I honestly don't give a f what we pay for players as long as they are good and he is VERY good. Our board has starved us for long enough, they have enough under the mattress to buy a team of Galactico's.

Things Lacazette does that Giroud did not...

-Help with counter attacks by accepting the ball then TURNING with it. Giroud would always recieve the ball near the center circle then pass back to a player in our half with his "HOLD UP" play.
-Make a goal for himself. He does not need 10 perfect balls pinged to him to score, he can actually move with the ball and create goals for himself.
-Creates space for midfielders with threatening runs in behind and wide. Giroud was incapable of this and just stood near a center back waiting for the ball to his feet making their job piss easy and our football atrocious 90% of the time.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:57 am

ChrisSuperG wrote:Do not blame Lacazette for his price tag. I honestly don't give a f what we pay for players as long as they are good and he is VERY good. Our board has starved us for long enough, they have enough under the mattress to buy a team of Galactico's.

Things Lacazette does that Giroud did not...

-Help with counter attacks by accepting the ball then TURNING with it. Giroud would always recieve the ball near the center circle then pass back to a player in our half with his "HOLD UP" play.
-Make a goal for himself. He does not need 10 perfect balls pinged to him to score, he can actually move with the ball and create goals for himself.
-Creates space for midfielders with threatening runs in behind and wide. Giroud was incapable of this and just stood near a center back waiting for the ball to his feet making their job piss easy and our football atrocious 90% of the time.

BUT

Set up play - Zero assists to date ....
Goals - Scores one per 143 minutes played so not yet in the EPL top 30 ....

So whilst you may think he 'helps with counter attacks' and 'creates goals for himself' there is no evidence yet to support that .... he's new and clearly not yet at the pace of the EPL, let's hope he steps it up going forward ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football