Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 pm

EliteKiller wrote:If we can get 13m and save 9m in salary that's 22m we won't get come next summer - is one more year of Laca worth 22m?

It is. Arteta's star attacking signing, so far, is Willian. If Arsenal sell Lacazette, we'd need a replacement. Auba will have a year left on his contract next season. We need to sign a top-quality striker or forward either way.

Arteta has been bailed out by Saka and ESR so far. So, unless, Balogun bails him out, he's over his head.

Spending £40m on Abraham would be similar to Everton buying Iwobi for £28m.

As I've said before, Arteta's time at Arsenal has seen him buy/oversee 8/9 defensive acquisitions. That one attacking player is Willian.

At this point, Edu and Arteta are simply going to squander whatever money that's available to them. The way they're going about transfers, it's making Giroud seem like one of the greatest signings of all time.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 pm

Yeah sure, Atletico 'could bid £13m'. But they won't, they'll offer a loan, as would any club that has all the leverage.

And even then, they really only want Griezemann back, doubt their interest is genuine. Laca himself has no reason to leave with Suarez and that 20yo £100m striker ahead of him in the pecking order.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Based on today’s performance Tammy would be an upgrade on lacazette.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:05 am

swipe right wrote:Based on today’s performance Tammy would be an upgrade on lacazette.

Agreed.

I'm done with him, I like him, he's got good ability but he's after a big contract then he'll tank just like Auba has.

We can't keep repeating that mistake.

............ not to mention the fact that his goal scoring numbers aren't really the best and never have been, last year he was playing for a final contract, yes he was our lead scorer, but he's not convinced anyone, not AFC or any other club to offer him a big contract.

That's telling.

No one wants our players, its obvious why, they're all crap bar a handful.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:42 am

Still underrated then I see.

Funny how once again the other day he was getting praise now one off game and he's shit again. Man gets grief if he doesn't score every game from both fans and the manager.

100% our best CF and delighted he will be here for the season :cloud9:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Based on today’s performance Tammy would be an upgrade on lacazette.

Agreed.

I'm done with him, I like him, he's got good ability but he's after a big contract then he'll tank just like Auba has.

............ not to mention the fact that his goal scoring numbers aren't really the best and never have been, last year he was playing for a final contract, yes he was our lead scorer, but he's not convinced anyone, not AFC or any other club to offer him a big contract.

That's telling.

Good points.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:43 pm

Santi wrote:Still underrated then I see.

Funny how once again the other day he was getting praise now one off game and he's shit again. Man gets grief if he doesn't score every game from both fans and the manager.

He is without any doubt our best CF.
His scoring record last year was excellent.
It was a big error from Arteta not to play him every week as CF.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Agreed.

That's telling.

Can't argue with that statement lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:36 am

Santi wrote:Still underrated then I see.

I’ve been a fan of Lacazette but you can’t deny his figures are underwhelming.

The most concerning thing is though he has one year left so that leaves us in a situation where we lose him for free next summer (50 million lost on his transfer) or we offer him a big new contract and he sticks around for a few more years when he may no longer be good enough.

We’ve really messed up again, why do we always let players run down their contracts, this club is so poorly run on and off the pitch, our demise is quite shocking to be honest.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:46 am

We really haven't utilised Lacazette. His numbers have definitely been underwhelming. Just counting league goals, he's never scored 15 or more in the Prem, whilst a player like Giroud has done that for us more than once.

Giroud wasn't elite level or enough for us and the same applies to Lacazette. We really need a 20+ goal striker through the middle. If Auba can't pull it off this season, we need to look for alternatives. Martinelli is an internal option but I also hope we're looking at Martinez.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:50 am

Power n Glory wrote:We really haven't utilised Lacazette. His numbers have definitely been underwhelming. Just counting league goals, he's never scored 15 or more in the Prem, whilst a player like Giroud has done that for us more than once.

Giroud wasn't elite level or enough for us and the same applies to Lacazette. We really need a 20+ goal striker through the middle. If Auba can't pull it off this season, we need to look for alternatives. Martinelli is an internal option but I also hope we're looking at Martinez.

Laca scored 13 league goals in just over half a season of play last year.
His goal rate was impressive.
I agree we did not utilise him last year properly.
Benched too often.
If he stays he's our CF for the season - or should be.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:55 am

Just drafted him in my team. Auba was already chosen

c*** needs to perform finally.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:57 am

Laca is better than eddie, end of day if we ain't getting a striker and the gaffe won't play martinelli up front or Auba, then I am all for laca staying and running his contract down if eddie is the other option
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:03 am

VCC wrote:Laca is better than eddie, end of day if we ain't getting a striker and the gaffe won't play martinelli up front or Auba, then I am all for laca staying and running his contract down if eddie is the other option

Laca is the best CF in our squad.
The problem he has faced at Arsenal is that he has never had a full season.
In fact, he's only played about 60% of the games for us since he joined 4 years ago.

He's a 20 goal striker if he plays a full season.
He also does well setting up chances for others, with 23 assists over the 4 years to add to his 50 goals in the PL.

Obviously now it's a difficult situation because he is entering his last year.
We should be selling him, which means we'll need a new striker.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:43 am

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:Laca is better than eddie, end of day if we ain't getting a striker and the gaffe won't play martinelli up front or Auba, then I am all for laca staying and running his contract down if eddie is the other option

Laca is the best CF in our squad.
The problem he has faced at Arsenal is that he has never had a full season.
In fact, he's only played about 60% of the games for us since he joined 4 years ago.

He's a 20 goal striker if he plays a full season.
He also does well setting up chances for others, with 23 assists over the 4 years to add to his 50 goals in the PL.

Obviously now it's a difficult situation because he is entering his last year.
We should be selling him, which means we'll need a new striker.

Three managers didn’t deem him worthy of playing a full season. Nobody has come in for him either but you see something they’ve missed.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football