Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Team comes first. This is a not a charity competition. Lacazette has been a regular starter for us and he has got plenty of opportunities to show off his skills. Giving game time is fine but it should not come at the cost of a team result. There is one thing giving game time when we are cruising to a win but keeping a player on the pitch when we are behind, just to give him game time is not on.

NOBODY is ENTITLED to game time irrespective of his PRICE TAG. Everyone has to EARN the minutes on the pitch. Lacazette may come good in the future but as things stand he has performed well below the expectations. Nobody is asking him to be sold but at the same time people want him to show a bit more zeal, a bit more fight than he has shown so far.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Dr. Splotchy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Team comes first. This is a not a charity competition. Lacazette has been a regular starter for us and he has got plenty of opportunities to show off his skills. Giving game time is fine but it should not come at the cost of a team result. There is one thing giving game time when we are cruising to a win but keeping a player on the pitch when we are behind, just to give him game time is not on.

NOBODY is ENTITLED to game time irrespective of his PRICE TAG. Everyone has to EARN the minutes on the pitch. Lacazette may come good in the future but as things stand he has performed well below the expectations. Nobody is asking him to be sold but at the same time people want him to show a bit more zeal, a bit more fight than he has shown so far.

Except Granit Xhaka ;)
Dr. Splotchy
Liam Brady

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 am

Petit saying Lacazettes Arsenal career is over etc

A lot of our former players are getting down on us atm, I think its pretty disrespectful to be making comments like that.

They act like teams aren't supposed to have two ST ffs, is Aguero not playing now that Jesus is there?

Ridiculous, for the first time in 5 years we have great striker options ......... and because of that people are losing their tiny minds.

Small club mentality.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Team comes first. This is a not a charity competition. Lacazette has been a regular starter for us and he has got plenty of opportunities to show off his skills. Giving game time is fine but it should not come at the cost of a team result. There is one thing giving game time when we are cruising to a win but keeping a player on the pitch when we are behind, just to give him game time is not on.

completely agree, but just a few times i'd like to actually see if LMAO could work.....that's all for me. if it doesn't, then fine.

I think laca and auba are good enough to play the wing or striker positions and switch out during the game. heck I think LMAO are smart enough, they could be more free flowing making it more difficult to defend.

but I agree, if a player is struggling and not cutting it, don't give minutes for the sake of the wage bill.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:09 am

I would like to see Lacazette work, and I think he'll turn out to be a class player.

But I'm wondering if it'll be for us, Wenger has never been one to utilize poachers particularly well
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 am

Lacazette has not proven his goal scoring ability, and it is upto him to produce but Wenger has not made things any easier for him especially given this is first time in a new league.

- Up to this point Wenger has played him in only one entire match I believe. He has consistently taken him out of matches at the 70 minutes or so even when starting. In the beginning of the season there were times when he was favoring Welbeck over him.

- He has played with a dysfunctional team mostly because of Alexis' attitude this season. And that is after Wenger delayed ti play him with both Ozil and Alexis. During the early part of the season most of us would bal when we would notice Iwobi and Welbeck up there with him.

- Its clear he does not have full support of Wenger. Comapre his treatment of Lacazette vs MOu and COntes treatment of Lukaku and Morata respective, both of whom have aso struggled. They kept starting and kept getting full 90 minutes. They had their managers support. Lacazette, did not.

I think it is quiet evident that Lacazette might not have been Wenger's choice and therefore he got the semi Lucas treatment.

The last thing I want to mention is that this is his first year and you have to an exceptional striker to come to the EPL and start banging in goals even with a quality team behind you, which Laca is not, and the team behind him was not quality either.

I have always maintained that he is not a top quality but he is a very good striker but like I mentioned above, he does not have full support of Wenger.

We should not be giving up on him and more importantly Wenger should not give up on him because he is a very talented player and we are short on talent. I think he has the skills and technical ability to play anywhere up front.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 am

I agree with petit. But its not only auba thats gonna e d him. But people are forgetting about nketiah who is super impressive
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 am

Lol at nketiah. People never learn about our youngsters.

As for Laca, he'll be fine. Look at the alternative. Keeping Giroud.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Dr. Splotchy wrote:

Except Granit Xhaka ;)

There have been a whole host of players that didn't show the promise of Lacazette - who has at least done a bit in France - but got played continually. I have no idea what Lacazette has done to Wenger for him to be treated like an outcast. Look how long he persevered with and not limited to converting Eboue to a right mid, an absolute clusterfuck that ruined his career. Then Diaby on the left, another shit storm created by that. Ramsey through the bad period after his injury when he was so shit you questioned Wenger's sanity for continually playing him amidst the fan unrest. The Almunia/Fabianski debacle where he refused to admit either player were not good enough. The Senderos/Djourou/Cygan conspiracy, 3 players never far from a calamity but continually called upon. The list is endless.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

I think there's too much drama about this without a chance to really tell what's gonna happen. Aubameyang had to start after his big move and so far you can argue both ways about Lacazette's time here given he's not been good enough but Wenger hasn't helped him in the slightest.

Not saying don't discuss it obviously, just think we have to see if they both get used together...which I hope they will. I think Laca would've come on the wing vs Everton if we didn't use 2 subs for injuries.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Just to point out that Lacazette scored in his first PL game as well, hell, within the first 10 minutes, and was subbed off still
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Pea has gone to places like Madrid and torn it up, laca was always a risky signing as he hasn't really proven it at a top level.

He is definitely a good player, good enough it to the the line, unfortunately he hasn't proved it yet and that is all that counts.

Wenger did not help him though he needed at least 10-15 full 90mins games.

With Peas arrival and the lack of trust it appears Wenger has in him I am not to optimistic about him being a success.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Dr. Splotchy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:09 pm

It just takes one injury to Aubameyang and we're back to relying on Lacazette. Besides you cannot last a 50-55 game season with just one center forward. Lacazette will get chances if he's kept at the club. If we sell Lacazette in the summer, how much are we gonna get for him? 30-35 tops? After spending well over 100 million on strikers in two transfer windows I can't seriously see us trying to reinvest in the same position when there are others that need immediate upgrades.
Dr. Splotchy
Liam Brady

Postby longBalls » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Pea has gone to places like Madrid and torn it up, laca was always a risky signing as he hasn't really proven it at a top level.

He is definitely a good player, good enough it to the the line, unfortunately he hasn't proved it yet and that is all that counts.

I thought i am in a manchester united forum. Seriously shambles dat own fans critizice Laca. He will score your posts sums up what is wrong with parts of our fanbase.
Last edited by longBalls on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday mate, I don't know when
were gonna get to that first place
where we really want to go and well walk at highbury in the sun ,

but till then gooners like us , maybe we were born to run
come on now maybe we were born to run

gooners like us,
maybe we were born to run
longBalls
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 pm

longBalls wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Pea has gone to places like Madrid and torn it up, laca was always a risky signing as he hasn't really proven it at a top level.

He is definitely not a good player, good enough it to the the line, unfortunately he hasn't proved it yet and that is all that counts.

I thought i am in a manchester united forum. Seriously shambles dat own fans critizice Laca. He will score your posts sums up what is wrong with parts of our fanbase.

You are quoting things I haven't said!
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

PreviousNext

Return to World Football