Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:34 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:Laca is better than eddie, end of day if we ain't getting a striker and the gaffe won't play martinelli up front or Auba, then I am all for laca staying and running his contract down if eddie is the other option

Laca is the best CF in our squad.
The problem he has faced at Arsenal is that he has never had a full season.
In fact, he's only played about 60% of the games for us since he joined 4 years ago.

He's a 20 goal striker if he plays a full season.
He also does well setting up chances for others, with 23 assists over the 4 years to add to his 50 goals in the PL.

Obviously now it's a difficult situation because he is entering his last year.
We should be selling him, which means we'll need a new striker.

Three managers didn’t deem him worthy of playing a full season. Nobody has come in for him either but you see something they’ve missed.

I don't know why (apart from injuries) he's not had the minutes.
Just saying he is a 20 goal a season striker if he played a full season.
Last year he was by far and away our best CF, despite only playing just over half a season.

As for someone coming in for him.
Huge wages, a year left.
That said - we don't know if there have been any enquiries.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:Laca is better than eddie, end of day if we ain't getting a striker and the gaffe won't play martinelli up front or Auba, then I am all for laca staying and running his contract down if eddie is the other option

In fact, he's only played about 60% of the games for us since he joined 4 years ago.

He also does well setting up chances for others, with 23 assists over the 4 years to add to his 50 goals in the PL.

Three managers didn’t deem him worthy of playing a full season. Nobody has come in for him either but you see something they’ve missed.

Last year he was by far and away our best CF, despite only playing just over half a season.

Huge wages, a year left.

Another one who’s better than Neymar then?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Laca-Giroud comparisons leave out that Giroud had Cazorla, Ozil and Alexis around him, pure chance creation machines.

Giroud also got Willian-level preferential treatment from Wenger, whereas Laca is frequently rotated.

And even after all that the gap between their best seasons is like 3 goals.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Hope Laca stays and signs a contract extension for couple of years. Think w/midfield improvement he'll do a lot better.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:46 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Huge wages, a year left.

Another one who’s better than Neymar then?

Many footballers are better than Neymar, who is simply an average diving cheat and crybaby.
Thankfully not an Arsenal player, though, so we don't have to be embarrassed about him.

:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:12 pm

:rofll:
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:33 pm

You should stop with this, to claim Neymar isn’t a world class footballer is ridiculous, I’d love to have a player like him at Arsenal, a guy who scored loads of goals and can do ridiculous things with the ball.

Saka is a decent young talent but to say he’s better than Neymar is unbelievable.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Özim wrote:You should stop with this, to claim Neymar isn’t a world class footballer is ridiculous, I’d love to have a player like him at Arsenal, a guy who scored loads of goals and can do ridiculous things with the ball.

Saka is a decent young talent but to say he’s better than Neymar is unbelievable.

Like I said - would never ever want to see that diving cheat at our club.
Would take Saka in our team over Neymar any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Any reason you are so defensive about Neymar?
Odd for an Arsenal fan.
:shifty:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:44 pm

I love saka but he isn't near neymar level
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:You should stop with this, to claim Neymar isn’t a world class footballer is ridiculous, I’d love to have a player like him at Arsenal, a guy who scored loads of goals and can do ridiculous things with the ball.

Would take Saka in our team over Neymar any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Odd for an Arsenal fan.

Only because you’re allowing your personal feelings to cloud your judgment, fans want to see the best players at their club and he’s one of the best. I think Saka is a very good young talent, but he’s not got anywhere near the amount of talent Neymar has and he’ll never command a few anywhere near what Neymar has.

I’m not being defensive of Neymar, I just think he’s a top talent any team would love to have, just like Ronaldo, Messi and a few others.

It’s not odd it’s called being subjective.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Odd for an Arsenal fan.

Only because you’re allowing your personal feelings to cloud your judgment, fans want to see the best players at their club and he’s one of the best. I think Saka is a very good young talent, but he’s not got anywhere near the amount of talent Neymar has and he’ll never command a few anywhere near what Neymar has.

I’m not being defensive of Neymar, I just think he’s a top talent any team would love to have, just like Ronaldo, Messi and a few others.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

The irony, oh the irony.

Oh, and yes you are being subjective - but I don't think that is what you meant to write. :sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Odd for an Arsenal fan.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

The irony, oh the irony.

Oh, and yes you are being subjective - but I don't think that is what you meant to write. :sneaky2:

I don’t get it :dontknow:

I should have said I was being impartial lol, if you look at it without biastness he’s much better.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby themessiah » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:31 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Odd for an Arsenal fan.

I get what Jay is saying tbf . I mean, it's true. Neymar is class but . doesn't have even close to the work ethic Ronaldo or Messi have, and even in general Neymar isn't as built. A big reason imo why Neymar is more affected by injuries from tackles is because he's weaker, when do you see Messi and Ronaldo constantly suffer injuries. These two are freaks ffs.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:50 am

Marsbar100 wrote:I love saka but he isn't near neymar level

Not even near hleb or nasri level yet.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:52 am

themessiah wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Odd for an Arsenal fan.

I get what Jay is saying tbf . I mean, it's true. Neymar is class but . doesn't have even close to the work ethic Ronaldo or Messi have, and even in general Neymar isn't as built. A big reason imo why Neymar is more affected by injuries from tackles is because he's weaker, when do you see Messi and Ronaldo constantly suffer injuries. These two are freaks ffs.

Jay has been saying that Saka is better than Neymar and that Neymar isn’t World class, clearly he, if you’re comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo the yes clearly he’s not as good and doesn’t have the same work ethic (Ronaldo is by far the hardest working out of those three off the pitch though).

There’s no question that on talent though Neymar is a huge talent and one of the worlds best whilst Saka is a very good young player nowhere near at the same level.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to World Football