Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Dejan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:06 am

NovaGB wrote:
gooney wrote:
ag6789 wrote:W/o Auba and Laca we will be relegated. No matter how much you strengthen the defense or midfield.

I don’t think our fans get this point. Our strikers are the only reason we not in relegation place

Auba yeah, but hes going anyway, Laca has got like 6 goals in 20 games, easily replaceable
Jep

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:25 am

Laca has been shit, auba would have another 5-10 goals if he played cf,
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Arsenal could cash in on French striker Alexandre Lacazette at the end of the season, with Atletico Madrid keen to take the 28-year-old. (AS - in Spanish)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:13 am

gooney wrote:
ag6789 wrote:W/o Auba and Laca we will be relegated. No matter how much you strengthen the defense or midfield.

I don’t think our fans get this point. Our strikers are the only reason we not in relegation place

Laca has been shit, don't group him in with Auba.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:40 am

Me di o cre
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:58 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
gooney wrote:

7 goals and 3 assists in 20, that's a goal or assist every two games. I'm not saying it's great, but our bigger issue is that this puts him second behind Aubameyang for the season in goals and second behind Pepe in assists. In terms of goal/assist contribution, it also puts him on second for the team.

The huge issue is that our midfield can't score and our defenders can't defend. Lacazette is not one of the major problems

Its a shite return for a player on Champions League wages whos playing as our number 9, i'd say Callum Wilson would give us that at a quarter of the price.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ag6789 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:32 pm

I don't understand the animosity towards Laca. He's scored 45 goals out of 88 appearances for AFC. That's a great return playing beside another fantastic striker.
Yes, he did have a rough patch middle of this season, but then everyone else played very poorly too during that stretch. If the midfield helped him out more with assists and the defense didn't leak like a sieve he would have shown in a much better light.
Arsenal should try to keep both strikers at all cost and improve upon other positions; like Arteta has been trying to do of late. I'm sure the coaching team realizes strikers are least of our problem, and need focus on other areas. If the defense looks more compact along w/ midfield, we will be in a far better place than 9th.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:52 pm

ag6789 wrote:I don't understand the animosity towards Laca. He's scored 45 goals out of 88 appearances for AFC. That's a great return playing beside another fantastic striker.
Yes, he did have a rough patch middle of this season, but then everyone else played very poorly too during that stretch. If the midfield helped him out more with assists and the defense didn't leak like a sieve he would have shown in a much better light.
Arsenal should try to keep both strikers at all cost and improve upon other positions; like Arteta has been trying to do of late. I'm sure the coaching team realizes strikers are least of our problem, and need focus on other areas. If the defense looks more compact along w/ midfield, we will be in a far better place than 9th.

Which alternate world is this in?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:55 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
gooney wrote:

7 goals and 3 assists in 20, that's a goal or assist every two games. I'm not saying it's great, but our bigger issue is that this puts him second behind Aubameyang for the season in goals and second behind Pepe in assists. In terms of goal/assist contribution, it also puts him on second for the team.

The huge issue is that our midfield can't score and our defenders can't defend. Lacazette is not one of the major problems

Its a shite return for a player on Champions League wages whos playing as our number 9, i'd say Callum Wilson would give us that at a quarter of the price.

We have David Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis in defence, Xhaka and Ozil as our midfield options, but the biggest issue is replacing Lacazette with Callum Wilson :rofll: :rofll:

lol, we'd probably be better even if he don't have a cool french name :rofll:
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:59 pm

ag6789 wrote:I don't understand the animosity towards Laca. He's scored 45 goals out of 88 appearances for AFC.

more like 45 goals in 114 games, and hes been utter gash this season except for a quick return to form before the rona rona.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Lacazette
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Thats the problem when you just look at the stats. His all round game has been absolutely shocking !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sun May 17, 2020 1:06 am

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun May 17, 2020 2:54 am

Just legalize drugs already so players don' have to stoop to inhaling NO like 12 yr old kids. Real men do coke during the off season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sun May 17, 2020 4:31 am

Every Arsenal player should be made to watch The Last Dance to learn what dedication looks like. Compulsory viewing for these bloody amateurs.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun May 17, 2020 7:34 am

If he's doing illegal drugs, the club has to have a zero-tolerance approach.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football