Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Stuck in what is arguably a worse spell than Giroud during 2015-16 (which is saying something).

At least Giroud's goal drought didn't affect his ability to hold the ball up and provide a reliable outlet for his teammates.

Worse than giroud? :rofll:

Man hasn’t scored in two starts, not 1 goal in 15 or whatever the f**k it was that cost us the title.

Apparently my assessment is funny and goals are all that matter.

Okay, let's just look at the numbers, then. :dontknow:

Lacazette
    07/04/19 — 29-12-19
    1296 minutes, 5 goals
    0.347 goals per 90'
    1 goal every 259.37 minutes
    Giroud
    13/01/16 — 15/05/16 *this includes his famous 15-game drought
    1108 minutes, 6 goals
    0.487 goals per 90'
    1 goal every 184.80 minutes

Just so we're clear, I'm not suggesting Lacazette is a worse overall player than Giroud.

However, it's abundantly clear that, when he goes through a poor spell, he can be unspeakably poor.

What a f***ing random period to pick, Giroud was our main striker that season and not injured during that period as far as I recall. He was just dogshit and cost us the title.

For lacazette you pick part of last season, followed by a summer break, followed by him playing injured then getting surgery and coming back under circumstances where a manager is being hounded out of the club and two new guys taking charge since. He was dropped for some games and put to the bench during this period as well.

Nevermind the fact you’ve tried to make it worse by taking more minutes for lacazette to make his gpm look even worse, if you use the same minutes and giroud (which I presume is your basis for the time period) then his gpm ratio improves (still worse than Ollie). Also not sure why his European goal doesn’t count while Giroud conveniently gets his shitty last day hat trick against Villa included.

Giroud literally went 15 PL games without scoring, to suggest Laca is anywhere near that out of form is atrocious.

Great comparison, very similar circumstances. Come on Zenith you’re better than that, at least that weird Dutch c*** found it funny though.

Good post. People forget that Lacazette had surgery at the start of the season because of injury he picked up during the pre-season. He needs to find his fitness and form.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:14 pm

Wouldnt call his last minutes a random period.

Better than auba the man said. Meanwhile his goal ratio in the last 6 months is worse than girouds worst. The state of mesut.

Zen on a killing streak

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Stuck in what is arguably a worse spell than Giroud during 2015-16 (which is saying something).

At least Giroud's goal drought didn't affect his ability to hold the ball up and provide a reliable outlet for his teammates.

Man hasn’t scored in two starts, not 1 goal in 15 or whatever the f**k it was that cost us the title.

Lacazette
    07/04/19 — 29-12-19
    1296 minutes, 5 goals
    0.347 goals per 90'
    Giroud
    1108 minutes, 6 goals
    0.487 goals per 90'

Just so we're clear, I'm not suggesting Lacazette is a worse overall player than Giroud.

However, it's abundantly clear that, when he goes through a poor spell, he can be unspeakably poor.

What a f***ing random period to pick, Giroud was our main striker that season and not injured during that period as far as I recall. He was just dogshit and cost us the title.

For lacazette you pick part of last season, followed by a summer break, followed by him playing injured then getting surgery and coming back under circumstances where a manager is being hounded out of the club and two new guys taking charge since. He was dropped for some games and put to the bench during this period as well.

Nevermind the fact you’ve tried to make it worse by taking more minutes for lacazette to make his gpm look even worse, if you use the same minutes and giroud (which I presume is your basis for the time period) then his gpm ratio improves (still worse than Ollie). Also not sure why his European goal doesn’t count while Giroud conveniently gets his shitty last day hat trick against Villa included.

Giroud literally went 15 PL games without scoring, to suggest Laca is anywhere near that out of form is atrocious.

Great comparison, very similar circumstances. Come on Zenith you’re better than that, at least that weird Dutch c*** found it funny though.

Not sure how Laca's last 1296 minutes in the Premier League for Arsenal is a 'very random period'.

The discussion pertains to his poor 2019 League form. Should I have gone back 2 years and start from there instead? :dontknow:

If you're making an attempt to ridiculise other people's opinions with childish smileys, at least make sure your statistics back up your point so you don't end up with eggs on your face.

Especially when your initial counter-argument is, nota bene, exclusively based on goal return and not on other crucial aspects of the game that can be attributed to a attacker's form.

Also, some heed for the potential presence of hyperbole in my initial point would've saved us a lot of time and trouble.

Considering the pettiness, this discussion isn't going anywhere. Moving on.

Agree with Santi here. The dates seem cherry picked to work in Giroud's favour because it was 13.01 when Giroud scored 2 against Liverpool before going on a goal draught. Any time after that and Giroud would have scored only 4 goals and that includes the hat trick against Villa.

Also, excluding the goals Laca based scored in the UL seems unfair. His goal tally would move up to 10 if included and it's not as if Laca hasn't scored a goal in almost 4 months. That was Giroud. Laca last scored against Brighton and Standard Leige last month and two against Southampton the month before after returning from injury. I don't see the comparison to Giroud's draught.

We're seeing one of the worst run of forms in Arsenal history, nobody else is scoring goals besides Auba and we're dropping a load of points. It's relegation form and it's been like this since the end of last season. Besides Auba, there isn't a player in the squad that has a good record. It's not the same as Giroud's draught. We were challenging for the title that year. Ozil and Sanches were on hot form....totally different situations.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:31 pm

Sell him and buy Zaha.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Lacazette
    07/04/19 — 29-12-19
    1296 minutes, 5 goals
    0.347 goals per 90'
    Giroud
    1108 minutes, 6 goals
    0.487 goals per 90'

Not sure how Laca's last 1296 minutes in the Premier League for Arsenal is a 'very random period'.

The discussion pertains to his poor 2019 League form. Should I have gone back 2 years and start from there instead? :dontknow:

If you're making an attempt to ridiculise other people's opinions with childish smileys, at least make sure your statistics back up your point so you don't end up with eggs on your face.

Especially when your initial counter-argument is, nota bene, exclusively based on goal return and not on other crucial aspects of the game that can be attributed to a attacker's form.

Also, some heed for the potential presence of hyperbole in my initial point would've saved us a lot of time and trouble.

Funny you mention the heed for hyperbole yet get very sensitive about a simple smiley. You’re the one who made such a big deal about it when I disagreed with what you said now going back and telling me I should have taken a bigger lunch of salt? Lel

Alright Z man :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Lacazette
    07/04/19 — 29-12-19
    1296 minutes, 5 goals
    0.347 goals per 90'
    Giroud
    1108 minutes, 6 goals
    0.487 goals per 90'

Agree with Santi here. The dates seem cherry picked to work in Giroud's favour because it was 13.01 when Giroud scored 2 against Liverpool before going on a goal draught. Any time after that and Giroud would have scored only 4 goals and that includes the hat trick against Villa.

Also, excluding the goals Laca based scored in the UL seems unfair. His goal tally would move up to 10 if included and it's not as if Laca hasn't scored a goal in almost 4 months. That was Giroud. Laca last scored against Brighton and Standard Leige last month and two against Southampton the month before after returning from injury. I don't see the comparison to Giroud's draught.

We're seeing one of the worst run of forms in Arsenal history, nobody else is scoring goals besides Auba and we're dropping a load of points. It's relegation form and it's been like this since the end of last season. Besides Auba, there isn't a player in the squad that has a good record. It's not the same as Giroud's draught. We were challenging for the title that year. Ozil and Sanches were on hot form....totally different situations.

Laca just seems to be the current scapegoat mate because he’s fluffed a couple of decent chances lately. He’s clearly not in his best form, nobody can deny that but he’s gone what, two starts now without scoring, and been a bit hit and miss all season because of his injury. Not sure why he’s suddenly getting a lot of flack on here when he was our best player last season and has still scored 6/7 goals this season.

I mean the Giroud comparison is ridiculous for me but was more a continuation of the shit Sims started the last two weeks on here.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Giroud has a better goal to game ratio if you compare their whole arsenal careers, giroud in 150 more games roughly.

Auba out wide scores more, we are sacrificing him in his favourite position(no wonder he wants out) whilst also losing an opportunity to play a proper wide player at at LW.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Hattrick today, you heard it here first!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Lacazette
    07/04/19 — 29-12-19
    1296 minutes, 5 goals
    0.347 goals per 90'
    Giroud
    1108 minutes, 6 goals
    0.487 goals per 90'

Funny you mention the heed for hyperbole yet get very sensitive about a simple smiley. You’re the one who made such a big deal about it when I disagreed with what you said now going back and telling me I should have taken a bigger lunch of salt? Lel

Alright Z man :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

When constructive criticism is depicted as scapegoating... It's lazy and predictable - and you know it.

All right, his atrocious goal return isn't as worse as Giroud's disastrous spell in 2015-16. Just like, contrary to what you suggested, his poor form is not small beer compared to Giroud in 2015-16. A meager 7 away goals in 40 League appearances for Arsenal is another worry that rightly raises questions about his hit-and-miss Arsenal career so far.

Whilst our current situation are mitigating circumstances, you'd think, given his ability and experience, his poor form merits highlighting.

Anyway, let's hope he can make a positive impression against United and kick on from there. We need him back at his best.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby dc16 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Please score.

:pray:
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:50 pm

dc16 wrote:Please score.

:pray:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Needs a goal more than Pepe atm ffs. That cross he did was unreal though, someone should’ve gotten on the end of it.

Playing alright but that miss from 5 yards was terrible. Pen would’ve been a great chance for him to bang a goal.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 am

Not much to smile about these days but his shot that went for a throw in raised a smile.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:55 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Hattrick today, you heard it here first!

And last.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:50 pm

Santi wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Hattrick today, you heard it here first!

And last.
Had a quid on it at 300/1. Was going mad when he scored so early on!

EDIT, nope that was Pepe, wrong thread, sorry :doh:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football