Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby swipe right » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:49 am

Issak, Jovic or Richarlison are gettable targets. Now go get one or two of them.
swipe right
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:13 am

Agreed, we don't need a top CF, we need a competent CF who will get 20 goals in a season
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13652
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:41 pm

swipe right wrote:Issak, Jovic or Richarlison are gettable targets. Now go get one or two of them.



Trash list
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 41218
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:16 pm

Santi wrote:
swipe right wrote:Issak, Jovic or Richarlison are gettable targets. Now go get one or two of them.



Trash list


Whilst I do see the potential within Alexander Issak, I wouldn't argue that he was currently fulfilling it. However, with regards to Stefan Jovic, there's no doubt that before selling his soul to the devil for the purgatory that is Real Madrid, he was looking like the dogs gonads as verified by The Kennel Club. That he has since appeared more like the Andrex puppy having been neutered, we don't have to look too far for evidence of the dibilitating effect the environment of that club can inflict upon some young talents in stunting their development, but if remedied in time, not resulting in permanent damage.
thebigbangtheo
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Richarlison would be immense
Ramsdale/???
Tomiyasu/???--White/Saliba--Gabriel/???--Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Sambi--???/???
Saka/Pepe--Odegaard/ESR--Martinelli/Smith Rowe
???/???
User avatar
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 39683
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Reiss » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Not falling for the good form that Laca is showing.

He'll sign one last big bumper contract then drop his levels here. We've seen it so many times now.

Ship him out and get someone new in.
Last edited by Reiss on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reiss
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 pm

70m for 3 goals in 11 apps?

Nah i'm alright
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 41218
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby KG3 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:26 am

In terms of our CF signing and going for the obvious options like Vlahovic and Martinez who will cost 70M or more. We need to think outside the box and buy someone who’s going under the radar but has the right traits we need to lead the line.

Look at Klopp for example Mane, Salah and Jota where all questionable signings at the time and now look at them, klopp knew what he wanted and made them into better plays.

Ideally the next CF at the bare minimum needs to have good link up play, work rate, decent pace, creativity, aerial ability.

Haven’t been keeping up with other Europe’s top leagues so I’m not really sure if there’s anyone cheap that fits that profile, but maybe if we looked at leagues that no one really thinks of like Poland/Croatia etc for the next Lewandoski/Eduardo we might find something.

I’d say South America also but they have a work permit issue so it’s not really ideal for us, we can’t afford to be buying someone and wait for them to develop elsewhere while waiting for a permit.
User avatar
KG3
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby swipe right » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:56 am

KG3 wrote:In terms of our CF signing and going for the obvious options like Vlahovic and Martinez who will cost 70M or more. We need to think outside the box and buy someone who’s going under the radar but has the right traits we need to lead the line.

Look at Klopp for example Mane, Salah and Jota where all questionable signings at the time and now look at them, klopp knew what he wanted and made them into better plays.

Ideally the next CF at the bare minimum needs to have good link up play, work rate, decent pace, creativity, aerial ability.

Haven’t been keeping up with other Europe’s top leagues so I’m not really sure if there’s anyone cheap that fits that profile, but maybe if we looked at leagues that no one really thinks of like Poland/Croatia etc for the next Lewandoski/Eduardo we might find something.

I’d say South America also but they have a work permit issue so it’s not really ideal for us, we can’t afford to be buying someone and wait for them to develop elsewhere while waiting for a permit.

https://youtu.be/qCIm3qQp0Qc
swipe right
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:43 am

swipe right wrote:
KG3 wrote:In terms of our CF signing and going for the obvious options like Vlahovic and Martinez who will cost 70M or more. We need to think outside the box and buy someone who’s going under the radar but has the right traits we need to lead the line.

Look at Klopp for example Mane, Salah and Jota where all questionable signings at the time and now look at them, klopp knew what he wanted and made them into better plays.

Ideally the next CF at the bare minimum needs to have good link up play, work rate, decent pace, creativity, aerial ability.

Haven’t been keeping up with other Europe’s top leagues so I’m not really sure if there’s anyone cheap that fits that profile, but maybe if we looked at leagues that no one really thinks of like Poland/Croatia etc for the next Lewandoski/Eduardo we might find something.

I’d say South America also but they have a work permit issue so it’s not really ideal for us, we can’t afford to be buying someone and wait for them to develop elsewhere while waiting for a permit.

https://youtu.be/qCIm3qQp0Qc


Isak - no .. doesn't score enough goals.
Image
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 17613
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Alexis » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:57 pm

KG3 wrote:In terms of our CF signing and going for the obvious options like Vlahovic and Martinez who will cost 70M or more. We need to think outside the box and buy someone who’s going under the radar but has the right traits we need to lead the line.

Look at Klopp for example Mane, Salah and Jota where all questionable signings at the time and now look at them, klopp knew what he wanted and made them into better plays.

Ideally the next CF at the bare minimum needs to have good link up play, work rate, decent pace, creativity, aerial ability.

Haven’t been keeping up with other Europe’s top leagues so I’m not really sure if there’s anyone cheap that fits that profile, but maybe if we looked at leagues that no one really thinks of like Poland/Croatia etc for the next Lewandoski/Eduardo we might find something.

I’d say South America also but they have a work permit issue so it’s not really ideal for us, we can’t afford to be buying someone and wait for them to develop elsewhere while waiting for a permit.



Mane, Salah and Jota were not questionable signings. Mane was a good player for Southampton and was up there with van dick as their top 3 players. Salah was one of the best serie A players and was doing everything you're seeing now except lethal finishing which is what klopp has fixed and Jota was doing great for wolves under Nuno.

He took them on and improved on their weaknesses but they weren't toss ups. Mane was linked to United previously. And Salah to multiple other top Italian clubs.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Reiss » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 pm

Rumours are we want to give Laca a 2 year contract.

We. Need. To. Learn. From. Our. Mistakes.
Reiss
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:36 pm

I have no problem with Laca, at the very least you get effort from him and its not like he is a shit CF.

Give the man a contract and buy a replacement for Auba. I still think there is a lot more to come from Laca, now we have found a system that works kinda he should be in the goals.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13652
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Reiss wrote:Rumours are we want to give Laca a 2 year contract.

We. Need. To. Learn. From. Our. Mistakes.


Yep. This could be expensive.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6891
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:59 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:Rumours are we want to give Laca a 2 year contract.

We. Need. To. Learn. From. Our. Mistakes.


Yep. This could be expensive.

What you mean giving an ageing player whose legs might go any minute a huge pay rise?
Goonerred
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot [Bot], Marsbar100, Petal [Bot], Reiss, Salibatelli, Zenith and 5 guests