Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Can't believe people want him sold.

It's not because he's not good enough, it's because he's 29 with less than two years on his contract. If we offer him a new deal then I'm more than happy for him to stay, but if we don't and get a good bid in for him then it's worth considering.
Doesnt score enough for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:We will sell him next summer, I feel.

1 year left on his contract. He'd be 30. A £20m offer and we'd offload him.

Aye, potentially, but if we get a £30m+ offer for him this summer then there's a good case for selling him now rather than waiting for a speculative lesser offer in a year's time.

Thiago (29) has just gone for £20m.

We’d be very lucky to get £20m for Laca (30) next season. Reportedly £180k per week wages.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:39 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Santi wrote:Doesn't work hard enough? WTF

Could slightly agree that he needs to score more (given his poor record last season) but working hard is the one thing he has always done even when in bad scoring form.

No chance we sell him, new deal will be in the offing is he does well between now and Christmas, if not then we will sell next summer.

He works hard off the ball in spurts. Then you’ll see him trudging back tentatively.

Hard for him running round for 90 mins with that giant dick tbf.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Callum wrote:

Aye, potentially, but if we get a £30m+ offer for him this summer then there's a good case for selling him now rather than waiting for a speculative lesser offer in a year's time.

We’d be very lucky to get £20m for Laca (30) next season. Reportedly £180k per week wages.

Yeah, true. Which is why we'd be happy to listen to bids this summer.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:56 pm

Callum wrote:

The only way this sale makes sense is if we get both Aouar and Partey.

We've signed 8 defenders since Sanllehi arrived: Sokratis, Lichtsteiner, Luiz, Tierney, Saliba, Mari, Soares, and Gabriel.

We've not signed a single creative midfielder in that period. Ceballos, yeah. But we haven't really signed him and he's not Cazorla, Ozil, Cesc tier.

The last time we signed a world class midfielder was under Wenger. The last time we signed a world class player was under Wenger.

We need to address our midfield needs. We have been crying for a technical/creative midfielder/CAM since Cazorla's injury back in 15/16. It's been nearly five years and we're still there.

If offloading Laca gets us an ACM like Aouar and a proper DM like Partey, do it. If not, it doesn't make sense.

Performances on the field = success.

alexafc12 wrote:
Callum wrote:

Strikers/attackers go for a higher rate than midfielders. Thiago also wanted to leave Bayern. With Laca, he wants to stay. It's the club that would want to offload him.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:37 pm

I'd argue if we sold Lacazette and a few others, bringing in either Partey/ Aouar and Edouard from Celtic, then that's good business. We need to know when to sell and how to invest, and I think selling Lacazette and bringing in Edouard for similar fees would be a smart move from a squad building perspective.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:10 pm

i wanted to sell laca since last year as i want auba down the middle
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 pm

yadunoe wrote:i wanted to sell laca since last year as i want auba down the middle

Ain't gonna happen, it'd be a new striker or Eddie. Auba is on the left for life.

Or until Martinelli returns.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Santi wrote:
yadunoe wrote:i wanted to sell laca since last year as i want auba down the middle

Ain't gonna happen, it'd be a new striker or Eddie. Auba is on the left for life.

Or until Martinelli returns.

So excited for Martinelli to come back.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says the club are not in negotiations with Alexandre Lacazette over a new contract, with the 29-year-old France striker having less than two years left on his current deal. (Mirror)

He's gone
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says the club are not in negotiations with Alexandre Lacazette over a new contract, with the 29-year-old France striker having less than two years left on his current deal. (Mirror)

He's gone

This is stupid.

What are they thinking, are they just happy letting players run down their contracts now?

Laca will only be worth £20m next year if he only has 12 months left.

I get that they may be scared of an Ozil type situation ........ actually, maybe that's it, he'll be 30 next year and if we extend on his wages other clubs won't pay him that so he won't want to leave.

Wages has been a real problem for us, our high wages have literally stopped us from being able to move players on and its costing us millions in lost transfers.

This is why we can move on AMN, Martinez, Torreria ........ because their wages aren't extortionate.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:

He's gone

This is stupid.

What are they thinking, are they just happy letting players run down their contracts now?

Laca will only be worth £20m next year if he only has 12 months left.

I get that they may be scared of an Ozil type situation ........ actually, maybe that's it, he'll be 30 next year and if we extend on his wages other clubs won't pay him that so he won't want to leave.

Wages has been a real problem for us, our high wages have literally stopped us from being able to move players on and its costing us millions in lost transfers.

This is why we can move on AMN, Martinez, Torreria ........ because their wages aren't extortionate.

Totally agree this is really poor, we either sign him on a new contract or sell him IMO.

We never seem to learn, we’ve got no money to spend and yet are happy to watch our few assets run down their contracts, how often does this have to happen before we learn our lesson?

If we wait until next year, we’ll either get a cut down fee for him or end up with him being able to ask for big money knowing he can walk away a year later.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ESR10 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:35 am

^ we do need to sort out these situations 2 year before the contract ends, I agree.

I guess in Lacas case, he didn't have the best of seasons last year, he's on high wages and I guess Arteta might just want to see if he offers enough this season to be a long term part of his project and then renew his contract or if he had an average season, then ship him put next summer (for peanuts)

I can see the point of not offering him a long contract atm as Arteta doesn't seem to rate him to 100% (Nketiah started ahead of him for a while )

But from a financial point of view it's really not good business.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 am

Can't blame Laca he's just watched Auba run down his contract and then hold us to ransom for a massive salary - of course he will now do the same.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Did I mention mans scored 3 in 3?
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football