Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:16 pm

His movement looked like he's smaller Giroud. Hell even Giroud probably roams around more
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Alexandre Lacazette

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:18 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:The only benefit Lacazette has over Mbappe is that he's cheaper.

Sadly, PL games are harder to watch here, so I've watched quite a bit of Ligue 1. I say "sadly" because the quality of the league is very dire. Lacazette has scored quite a few penalties in that goal count, I think he took every penalty for Lyon. His performance in the CL was below par, but I wouldn't say that's representative of his quality. I called him a tap-in merchant, I know it's very unfair, but I call Ronaldo the same, so it's just a comment on playing style. He has very good holdup play, to be fair to him, but his finishes are usually due to good movement and some horrendous defending. He tends to disappear against the big teams, was so shit against PSG in one of the games that he was subbed off after a half. He failed to do anything of note against Juventus.

This is really a shit league. I don't say it lightly, but after being forced to watch Ligue 1 due to lack of options, I really mean it. The league is horrendous, the defending by any team below the top 10 is something you'd see if you went out to watch your local non-league team. His finishing is clinical, I'll grant that.

One example is of Ben Arfa, a player I really, really rate. But his performance the season before this one wasn't some amazing super show. It was making shit defences look even worse with okay to good dribbling. And that's the closest example I can give to Lacazette, who truly is brilliant at being at the right place at the right time, but to compare him to Mbappe is madness. Mbappe has bags of talent that Lacazette can not get anywhere near to. Now, granted we have zero chance of signing one, but those saying that Laca is more proven are bonkers. He may be more proven, but Mbappe is a heck of a lot more talented.

Edit:
Found a video, just look at the defending and the number of penalties

Don't call it good dribbling, it's absolutely shiite defending.

Older post of mine
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:09 pm

needed that goal. When you spend 52 million pound on a striker it should be you trust him and give him time and minutes. Have a feeling wenger will mess about him, out of position and on and off the team. Does anyone remember when drogba came to chelsea. Mourinho was like you are my nr 1 man and you play. He didnt start well, but got better as time went on
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kite33 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm

We don't have time. If you spend 52 Mio on a 26 old striker then he has to perform
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alexis20 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Goal masked what was a very ordinary performance.
alexis20
Patrick Vieira

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:11 pm

striker wont perform if the entire midfield doesnt do shit
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby firfi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:12 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:I have one question though. Lacazette isn't that short, we really can cross when he's in the box, if there's no other way in. Weird how much we tried to pass it when he was on the field, and never really passed forward anyway

Pass to wing, then back to midfield, side pass, to winger, back to midfield, lose ball.... and continue

Lacazette's not that short, we should occasionally cross, he's not Walcott.

According to wikipedia hes 6 cm shorter than Walcott.Other than that we don't have players that can cross.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Kite33 wrote:We don't have time. If you spend 52 Mio on a 26 old striker then he has to perform

then play him as striker.....what are you talking about not having time. You know the season hasn't even started right?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Manoban » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Aguero :(
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Kite33 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:29 pm

gooney wrote:
Kite33 wrote:We don't have time. If you spend 52 Mio on a 26 old striker then he has to perform

then play him as striker.....what are you talking about not having time. You know the season hasn't even started right?

We don't have time to wait otherwise play giroud. Time is money and we don't have money you know whatv i mean. Drogba needed time you said i don't care about Drogba...i support lacazette but i cannot See it...we talk again after this season
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Manoban wrote:Aguero :(

Balotelli...... AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOO
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:13 pm

First time I got a proper look of him today. There's some positives and some negatives but I do genuinely think he will be a star here.

I focused on him a lot today when other players had the ball and it's fair to say his movement is top class. I mean that.

Once him and Ozil click they will cause quite a frightening partnership. I think that partnership would benefit both of them more if Ozil was back playing in the #10 role rather than playing out wide but I'm more than confident they will click.

He's not the sort that will cause defenders nightmares by hassling them all day but he looks like a very intelligent forward. Most noticeably was the way he likes to drag defenders in and spin off them. He creates his own space with his movement.

He made some very nice decoy runs today in the box and with better delivery he could of bagged a few more.

Im very confident he will be a success here.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Sims wrote:Early days good finish but not sure he's what we needed up front

Isn't quick, doesn't have great movement. Hopefully it's just a settling in thing as I'm not overwhelmed with excitement

As i said in my other post he was never my first choice but i think he deserves at least half a season to show his repertoire.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:23 pm

I like him. I think he'll get the poachers goals that we've lacked since Wrighty (bar a brief spell from Eduardo before his injury).
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I like him. I think he'll get the poachers goals that we've lacked since Wrighty (bar a brief spell from Eduardo before his injury).

I think he'll do well too. His best aspects are his finishing and his movement, both qualities we lack. When it's not working, we can bring the opposite in Giroud

Besides, we won't have to see Welbeck stinking up the place as a striker
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football