Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby gamechannel » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

What do you expect when his "creative" partners are iwobi and wellback. He ain't scoring or getting chances with that playing behind him...
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

You know those opportunities Welbeck and Iwobi had.... the ones LACAZETTE CREATED? No one created one chance today,
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:You know those opportunities Welbeck and Iwobi had.... the ones LACAZETTE CREATED? No one created one chance today,

Lacazette is very very average. He'd be at home at Bournemouth or at a Championship club. I said at the start of the season that the money paid for him was stupid. He's never played at the top level. It was fairly obvious he'd be a 10-15 goal a season player like Giroud. Only a fool could not see it. Unfortunately, we have a fool as a manager. We've gone From Bergkamp & Henry to Lacazette and Iwobi. Do the math.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Over the top reactions to Lacasweaty on here. He's going through a bad patch and he was never going to be Henry (called out his high # of penalty goals before we signed him) but he's actually impressed me more than I expected.

First season, getting subbed most games at 70 mins and playing with an off it Alexis or with Iwobi/Welbeck half the time. I expect better than what he's been the last 2 months but give the guy a break, he started well and will get it back.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:19 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Goonerz wrote:Sorry but this guy has show more than he showing.. Imagine if it was our rival clubs that had signed him and he wasn't scoring goal like he is doing for us? We would be making fun of them..

If he was missing easy chances like Morata and Lukaku have done this season then i'd say fair enough but he hasn't.

Again, he played pretty well today. Played some decent balls in for Welbeck, Bellerin and Iwobi today but none were taken advantage of. The service he's been getting has been horrific lately and today it got even worse for him.

He's very frustrated right now. Noticed a few times today he was throwing his arms in the air when he should of been played in and he wasn't.

So how come donkeys like Welbeck, Iwobi, Bellerin etc all keep getting those chances? It's because they try to run in-behind.. Laca is very technically good but him spending most of his time outside the ball looking to do Ozil's job gets me frustrated.. He should be forcing the runs in-behind.

But he spends most of the time outside the opposition penalty box looking to be the link up or provider. I want him more in the penalty box than him always larking outside doing cute turns etc, leave that to the likes of Ozil , wilshere, Welbeck, Iwobi etc.
Last edited by Goonerz on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:41 pm

gamechannel wrote:What do you expect when his "creative" partners are iwobi and wellback. He ain't scoring or getting chances with that playing behind him...

How many games has he played with Ozil and Sanchez? He has the best No10 according to many in here..

I am not trying to overreact but I think Laca has got to do much better than he is doing right now. We can't be blaming everyone else and leave out some... Imagine if this was GIROUD? Mama Mia, the language people would be using towards him would be wow.. lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Goonerz wrote:
gamechannel wrote:What do you expect when his "creative" partners are iwobi and wellback. He ain't scoring or getting chances with that playing behind him...

How many games has he played with Ozil and Sanchez? He has the best No10 according to many in here..

I am not trying to overreact but I think Laca has got to do much better than he is doing right now. We can't be blaming everyone else and leave out some... Imagine if this was GIROUD? Mama Mia, the language people would be using towards him would be wow.. lol

Ozil Sanchez and lacazette have played 721 mins together
The team have scored 18 goals
A goal every 40 mins
Score twice a game and more often than not we should be winning
Like all of the last 10 years it is keeping them out that is the problem
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 pm

Mesüt wrote:Over the top reactions to Lacasweaty on here. He's going through a bad patch and he was never going to be Henry (called out his high # of penalty goals before we signed him) but he's actually impressed me more than I expected.

First season, getting subbed most games at 70 mins and playing with an off it Alexis or with Iwobi/Welbeck half the time. I expect better than what he's been the last 2 months but give the guy a break, he started well and will get it back.

agreed he is a much better footballer than what i thought we were getting
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby immsun » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am

Not his fault when there is no service. You can't expect any striker to flourish when he gets Little service. Even Aguero will struggle to score here.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 am

immsun wrote:Not his fault when there is no service. You can't expect any striker to flourish when he gets Little service. Even Aguero will struggle to score here.

Sanchez managed 30 last season ...... just saying ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 am

Tbh, Lacazette is not at the Sanchez, Henry, RVP or even the Adebayor level yet. He might get there though.

That said, even with all that, he's our fourth best player in this squad. Tells you a lot, doesn't it? The midfield behind him is absolute cancer, we neither control games, nor create chances. Our wingers are dreadful, they can't take their man on, they can't cross, they can't dribble......
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Tbh, Lacazette is not at the Sanchez, Henry, RVP or even the Adebayor level yet. He might get there though.

That said, even with all that, he's our fourth best player in this squad. Tells you a lot, doesn't it? The midfield behind him is absolute cancer, we neither control games, nor create chances. Our wingers are dreadful, they can't take their man on, they can't cross, they can't dribble......

Who's our third best player?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:Tbh, Lacazette is not at the Sanchez, Henry, RVP or even the Adebayor level yet. He might get there though.

Who's our third best player?

WILSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chamakh have more goals at this point in his first season lol?

Don't think Laca is a bad player or anything but it's starting to look like Mourinho was right about Laca not being physical enough to lead the line, although it's not entirely his fault as our style of play and players around him don't help I'm sure if you put him in City/Liverpools side he'd score for fun.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

I think Pea will finish Laca, I like laca and really want him to succeed but pea is just another level
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to World Football