Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:30 pm

38 in PL and overall 49 in all comps for Arsenal in 138 games. Plus assists in double figures. Will think twice before ditching him
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:17 pm

ag6789 wrote:38 in PL and overall 49 in all comps for Arsenal in 138 games. Plus assists in double figures. Will think twice before ditching him

slightly less productive than Giroud...

like the player, but don't we need better?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:41 pm

ag6789 wrote:38 in PL and overall 49 in all comps for Arsenal in 138 games. Plus assists in double figures. Will think twice before ditching him

Laca has a very good shot and smart on the ball but doesn't take enough shots for me. Laca is not any better than Podolski was for us. Same stats.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Lacazette, another player with zero track record of ever achieving anything at the top level...and we expect him to succeed in the PL.

This is a silly statement.

Teams achieve at top level, not players.

If Messi was at Brighton FC does that automatically make him a sh*t player?

Your crusade against our strikers who consist of a Golden boot winner and maybe 2x in a row Golden boot and a decent striker in Lacazette is ridiculous.

If you sh*t on Auba then you just have no point to begin with, Auba is one of the best strikers in the world, if he were at Liverpool or Real Madrid he'd be looking Godlike.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Lacazette, another player with zero track record of ever achieving anything at the top level...and we expect him to succeed in the PL.

Your crusade against our strikers who consist of a Golden boot winner and maybe 2x in a row Golden boot and a decent striker in Lacazette is ridiculous.

If you sh*t on Auba then you just have no point to begin with, Auba is one of the best strikers in the world, if he were at Liverpool or Real Madrid he'd be looking Godlike.

Godlike??

Auba is a total sh*t of a human being and a player who misses too many chances to be ever considered great. We've had far far better strikers.
As for Lacazette, facts are facts. He's never played fora top team and it is no surprise whatsoever that he ins't productive at PL level.

Our current strike force is a big downgrade on most of what went before them in the last 25 years.
We will not challenge for top honours with them in the side.

We've won a big fat ZERO with them. Even in the end years of Wenger when he'd virtually destroyed the club we had players up front who could do more, like Alexis. They actually were part of a team that won something. Our current two deadbeats will do nothing.

Always amazes me how the media can brainwash fans into who is good and who is not.
In Auba's first 3 seasons he has scored 64 goals
Giroud got 58.
Yeah, Auba played half a season less, so what, he's maybe 5 goals a season better than Giroud. Whoopee f***ing do.
He misses more chances than Giroud ever did.
Yet Auba is godlike and Giroud is shit, apparently.

Truth is, as an all-round game combined with goals Giroud brought more than Auba, because the rest of Auba's game is appalling.
Auba is one of the worst starting strikers we have had in a long long time.

Godlike... JHC.
Henry, Wright, Anelka, Alexis, Bergkamp, RVP. Hell, even Alan Smith if you want to go to an earlier era.
Don't talk to me about Auba - he's not fit to lace their boots.
He's Adebayor , Giroud level in terms of what he brings.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:38 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Godlike??

[b]Auba is a total sh*t of a human being [/b]and a player who misses too many chances to be ever considered great. We've had far far better strikers.
As for Lacazette, facts are facts. He's never played fora top team and it is no surprise whatsoever that he ins't productive at PL level.

Our current strike force is a big downgrade on most of what went before them in the last 25 years.

We've won a big fat ZERO with them. Even in the end years of Wenger when he'd virtually destroyed the club we had players up front who could do more, like Alexis. They actually were part of a team that won something. Our current two deadbeats will do nothing.

Always amazes me how the media can brainwash fans into who is good and who is not.
Giroud got 58.
Yeah, Auba played half a season less, so what, he's maybe 5 goals a season better than Giroud. Whoopee f***ing do.

Truth is, as an all-round game combined with goals Giroud brought more than Auba, because the rest of Auba's game is appalling.

Godlike... JHC.
Henry, Wright, Anelka, Alexis, Bergkamp, RVP. Hell, even Alan Smith if you want to go to an earlier era.

I think that's a bit strong....Auba is a total sh*t of a human being, do you know the guy personally? I don't rate him much but that statement is a bit strong. We could do with better definitely as for me he lost his mojo a long time ago.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dejan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am

We can do better than auba? LOL

last time i checked we are 8th in the league. We are not barcelona or psg.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Godlike??

[b]Auba is a total sh*t of a human being [/b]and a player who misses too many chances to be ever considered great. We've had far far better strikers.

Giroud got 58.

Godlike... JHC.

I think that's a bit strong....Auba is a total sh*t of a human being, do you know the guy personally? I don't rate him much but that statement is a bit strong. We could do with better definitely as for me he lost his mojo a long time ago.

The guy went on strike to force a move from Dortmund.
So yeah, a total sh*t.
I'd put him in the William Gallas bracket - threatening to score an own goal if he didn't get what he wanted.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:03 am

themessiah wrote:

Laca has a very good shot and smart on the ball but doesn't take enough shots for me. Laca is not any better than Podolski was for us. Same stats.

Podolski is perhaps the best clean finisher we've had in the Emirates era. His finishing might be even superior to that of van Persie.

He was more of a second striker and we don't do that at Arsenal, hence, he couldn't score more.

Per Transfermarkt:

31 goals and 17 assists in 4,590 mins. Goal involvement every 96 mins.

Lacazette: 47 goals and 23 assists in 8,301 mins. Goal involvement every 119 mins.

Giroud: 105 goals and 41 assists in 16,050 mins. Goal involvement every 110 mins.

In contrast, let's look at Pierre:

64 goals and 14 assists in 8,341 mins. Goal involvement every 107 mins.

Interesting.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Angelito wrote:
themessiah wrote:

Podolski is perhaps the best clean finisher we've had in the Emirates era. His finishing might be even superior to that of van Persie.

He was more of a second striker and we don't do that at Arsenal, hence, he couldn't score more.

Per Transfermarkt:

Lacazette: 47 goals and 23 assists in 8,301 mins. Goal involvement every 119 mins.

Giroud: 105 goals and 41 assists in 16,050 mins. Goal involvement every 110 mins.

Interesting.

Giroud however whilst he got some unfair stick was a £12m target man and to score 105 goals in 5 & half years also bare in mind he wasn’t automatic pick played a lot from bench he worked out to be a huge success relative to few/expectation Laca hasn’t faired any better

I am not saying he did not have some shockers like Moanco at home and the went on a 3 month goal drought Giroud’s goal drought was very costly but these days he’s scapegoated for 15/16. The output of the entire team went downhill second half of that season. Alexis Sanchez fell off in the second half of this season as well.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Angelito wrote:
themessiah wrote:

Per Transfermarkt:

Interesting.

Podolski was a quality striker that Wenger underutilized. Could never work out why he was left out so often. Thought he was the best finisher at the club at the time.

I think Auba, Lacazette and Giroud are about the same level, though have much different games. Auba scores more in the league than Giroud did, but Giroud scored more in cup competitions. Giroud offers more in terms of team play. Lacazette offers a little bit of both players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:36 pm

He was an automatic pick for the first 3-4 seasons. Only towards the end did he become a bench player.

Whilst we're making excuses for Giroud, then Laca has been playing more of a defensive forward role than old bobby firmino for most of his time here. Weirdly most of his goals come under Emery, but he had to do so much work in his own half during that pleb's tenure and unfortunately he's now in poor form, so been in and out of the team pretty much all this season under both managers.

Just don't understand why people are suddenly trying to paint Giroud as a good player when 99% of fans wanted him to f**k off long before he did. Few nice flicks and an OK goal return isn't enough.

Bear in mind Giroud actually came with higher expectations despite his lower fee, he scored more open play goals in a single Ligue 1 season than Laca ever did. Laca hasn't actually been a prolific scorer in his entire career if you take the pens out and I said this when we were linked for about 2 years before getting him. What he does bring is better involvement in the build up than Giroud and more mobility, at the expense of aerial ability which le donkey was undoubtedly one of the best at.

If you really want a fair comparison then:

First season at Arsenal (PL stats):
Giroud - 34 games, 11 goals, 5 assists. = 0.470 goal involvements per game
Lacazette - 32 games, 14 goals, 5 assists. = 0.593 goal involvements per game

Second season at Arsenal (PL stats):
Giroud - 36 games, 16 goals, 9 assists. = 0.694 goal involvements per game
Lacazette - 35 games, 13 goals, 10 assists. = 0.657 goal involvements per game

Third season at Arsenal (PL stats):
Giroud - 27 games, 14 goals, 3 assists. = 0.629 goal involvements per game
Lacazette - 27 games, 9 goals, 4 assists. = 0.481 goal involvements per game

If I include Europe it only sways it to Laca because we were still in CL when Giroud joined and his record was shocking (5 goals in 16 apps for the first 3 seasons).

Overall probably not too much between them scoring wise, but even in this supposedly shocking season that Laca is having, it's not worse than that first season Giroud put up and i'd suggest it's under much much tougher circumstances. It's also without a prime Ozil putting chances on a plate.
The difference is that Laca doesn't seem to have improved on his decent first two seasons so far but the hope was that he would improve on his Ligue 1 scoring rate, for me he still gets time to do so as his first two seasons were good enough (27 goals, 15 assists in 67 PL games). He also had an injury he was carrying earlier this season and hasn't properly settle back down since.

Do I like the guy? Yes. Do I think he'll be a world class goalscorer and become irreplaceable? No.
Only time will tell if he really offers more than Giroud but I've never found myself half as frustrated at Laca as I did with Ollie.Whether that's because he's not been here as long, whether I'm giving him too much credit for the shit show happening around him or whether he's just a more likeable guy I can't tell you for sure, but either way I certainly wouldn't be selling him yet.

There's a decent goalscorer in there, fights his ass off and brings not only Auba but both wingers into play well during a time where we really lack creativity.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:29 am

The thing is we bought lacazette for f***ing 50 million when he is no improvement under giroud contribution wise. So shocking buy if u ask me considering we could of put that money in our defense.

Neither should of been starting for us.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 am

Laca is a confusing man, I don't know where I stand regarding his place. There seemed to be a little spark between him and Auba on the pitch which should have resulted in a flood of goals but Emery wiped that out quick fast.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 am

Dejan wrote:The thing is we bought lacazette for f***ing 50 million when he is no improvement under Giroud contribution wise. So shocking buy if u ask me considering we could of put that money in our defense.

Neither should of been starting for us.

Perhaps we should have kept Giroud ?
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to World Football