Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Laca's fate isn't in the hands of the club fans who want to see him an PEA up top. it's up to Wenger. Wenger hasn't played a two CF formation in a decade: one is always moved to the wing.

Unless Laca accepts this, he will continue to be benched. And then he'll be sold.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Fenice wrote:
Sims wrote:if reus joined us he'll never play

the guy is broken in half

Keep saying this and no one listens.

signed a new dortmund contract today funnily enough

class lad, marco is
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 pm

aniym wrote:Laca's fate isn't in the hands of the club fans who want to see him an PEA up top. it's up to Wenger. Wenger hasn't played a two CF formation in a decade: one is always moved to the wing.

Unless Laca accepts this, he will continue to be benched. And then he'll be sold.

Keep Lacazette. Fire Wenger.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Our don.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 pm

This will be great as we progress in the EL, really want to see Lacazette do well when he returns and lead the line in our remaining games and hopefully to a final.
Welbeck can then move back to the wing and in Lacazette we'll have someone who can finish.

Wenger on Lacazette
"He is on track, He had a full session outside today, He should be available after the break."
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:46 pm

About time this guy shows something
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm

generalanal wrote:About time this guy shows something

Showed more than Giroud (more goals) and he just got here.

That'll do for now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:About time this guy shows something

Showed more than Giroud (more goals) and he just got here.

That'll do for now.

:rofll: :sneaky2: i am laughing. Thank you
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mess » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Our don.

I wish it was Welbeck on this picture. I'm 100% sure he would look great in the stands
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:36 pm

He was back in training today.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Laca Auba connection has potential we just need one good midfielder who is wc. We should be spending one in the summer. What I'd do for a Toni kroos.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:I can't see Lacazette staying to compete with Auba, i think he will leave in the summer.

This is so short sighted and how a lot of AFC fans think nowadays ........ because they've forgotten what being a big club is all about.

Is Jesus running away from City because of Aguero? did RVP and Adebayor run away from Arsenal when Henry was 1st choice?

Big clubs have more than one striker and a player like Lacazette won't get a better contract than what we've given him.

Top it off with Cup games, European games, Prem games, substitutions and injuries, how have we not got more than enough games for two strikers??

If Lacazette played every tourney bar Prem games which Auba would play his calendar would be full.

We are not a big club anymore, we are just above Everton and Burnley...

If Giroud was asking to leave because of Lacazette then Lacazette will not rot on the bench for Auba, we are better off selling him and replacing him with someone who will fill that role.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:I can't see Lacazette staying to compete with Auba, i think he will leave in the summer.

This is so short sighted and how a lot of AFC fans think nowadays ........ because they've forgotten what being a big club is all about.

Is Jesus running away from City because of Aguero? did RVP and Adebayor run away from Arsenal when Henry was 1st choice?

Big clubs have more than one striker and a player like Lacazette won't get a better contract than what we've given him.

Top it off with Cup games, European games, Prem games, substitutions and injuries, how have we not got more than enough games for two strikers??

If Lacazette played every tourney bar Prem games which Auba would play his calendar would be full.

If Giroud was asking to leave because of Lacazette then Lacazette will not rot on the bench for Auba, we are better off selling him and replacing him with someone who will fill that role.

So your answer is to let a better striker go and get a crappy striker instead who won't be effective even though we may be back in the Champions league next year if we win the Europa? ........... don't we already have Welbeck for that?

All this based on what Giroud did after being here for 5 years and because you think we've turned into Everton or Burnley??

Well I'll give you an alternative, we still are a big club regardless of our performance, we can afford good players etc so why shouldn't we have them especially when they are already contracted here??
Did Man Utd sell all there top players when they had to play in the Europa the other year??

Your reasoning here is ridiculous mate, yes we should do as you say if we want to get sh*tter, however I more had the idea of us going up again?

To top it off until Lacazette says he wants to leave I'd have no intention of trying to force that, absolutely crazy talk.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So your answer is to let a better striker go and get a crappy striker instead who won't be effective even though we may be back in the Champions league next year if we win the Europa? ........... don't we already have Welbeck for that?

All this based on what Giroud did after being here for 5 years and because you think we've turned into Everton or Burnley??

Well I'll give you an alternative, we still are a big club regardless of our performance, we can afford good players etc so why shouldn't we have them especially when they are already contracted here??
Did Man Utd sell all there top players when they had to play in the Europa the other year??

Your reasoning here is ridiculous mate, yes we should do as you say if we want to get sh*tter, however I more had the idea of us going up again?

To top it off until Lacazette says he wants to leave I'd have no intention of trying to force that, absolutely crazy talk.

I'm just being a realist, its not my choice mate, in the real world (not fifa) you can't stock pile top strikers, you would usually have one good one and one average and maybe a up and comer, we should have sold Lacca and kept Giroud (whos better imo even if not on paper).
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:55 am

Want to see this guy lead us to EL glory before departing in the summer (it's going to happen). The second he is back Welblank should be dropped.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football