Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:43 pm

we'll be able to counter way mofe effectively with him in there...Sanchez and Laca...yum
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 pm

i meant sanchez and laca and ozil
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Big Poppa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:36 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:First time I got a proper look of him today. There's some positives and some negatives but I do genuinely think he will be a star here.

I focused on him a lot today when other players had the ball and it's fair to say his movement is top class. I mean that.

Once him and Ozil click they will cause quite a frightening partnership. I think that partnership would benefit both of them more if Ozil was back playing in the #10 role rather than playing out wide but I'm more than confident they will click.

He's not the sort that will cause defenders nightmares by hassling them all day but he looks like a very intelligent forward. Most noticeably was the way he likes to drag defenders in and spin off them. He creates his own space with his movement.

He made some very nice decoy runs today in the box and with better delivery he could of bagged a few more.

Im very confident he will be a success here.

Anelka was Wenger's only successful pure out and out goalscorer signing. The rest (Henry, RvP) etc were skilful or lightning quick or both and mastered the art of centre forward player as they grew. The one thing they all had in common (and I include Bergkamp in this) is presence or individual skill. They didn't need space to play, they created openings from tight situations and used their body against brute defenders.

Laca needs space to play. He can be a huge success here but it's very important that Wenger surrounds him with players like Ox, Nelson and Sanchez rather than Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott because their skill and movement will create the space for Laca to wreak havoc.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Big Poppa wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:First time I got a proper look of him today. There's some positives and some negatives but I do genuinely think he will be a star here.

I focused on him a lot today when other players had the ball and it's fair to say his movement is top class. I mean that.

Once him and Ozil click they will cause quite a frightening partnership. I think that partnership would benefit both of them more if Ozil was back playing in the #10 role rather than playing out wide but I'm more than confident they will click.

He's not the sort that will cause defenders nightmares by hassling them all day but he looks like a very intelligent forward. Most noticeably was the way he likes to drag defenders in and spin off them. He creates his own space with his movement.

He made some very nice decoy runs today in the box and with better delivery he could of bagged a few more.

Im very confident he will be a success here.

Anelka was Wenger's only successful pure out and out goalscorer signing. The rest (Henry, RvP) etc were skilful or lightning quick or both and mastered the art of centre forward player as they grew. The one thing they all had in common (and I include Bergkamp in this) is presence or individual skill. They didn't need space to play, they created openings from tight situations and used their body against brute defenders.

Laca needs space to play. He can be a huge success here but it's very important that Wenger surrounds him with players like Ox, Nelson and Sanchez rather than Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott because their skill and movement will create the space for Laca to wreak havoc.

I was following you until you wrote players like Ox ! Dead player, we need to get rid.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Think even Welbeck has more goals than the Ox :D
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:19 am

He is one player I have absolutely no time for. Can't defend and has minuscule end product.

Having said that, I just checked Ox's stats for last season and it says he got 6 goals and 11 assists in all comps, in 27 starts and 18 sub appearances, which surprises the hell out of me !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby OptimusPrimett » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:16 am

Doesn't defend? We have welbeck to play the defensive striker role
No end product? Scored a shot ton last season
OptimusPrimett
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:He is one player I have absolutely no time for. Can't defend and has minuscule end product.

Having said that, I just checked Ox's stats for last season and it says he got 6 goals and 11 assists in all comps, in 27 starts and 18 sub appearances, which surprises the hell out of me !

Look at the PL or CL knockout stages only, man.

This all competitions thing makes Theo and Ox look like okay players. Standard varies a lot in CL group stages and the EFL and FA Cups
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:18 pm

really hope sanchez stays. him and lacazette not to mention the other key player that didn't play today could be deadly
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Laca needs nowhere near as much space as Ollie...especially when we dominate possession and the D is packed in.

he got a first touch and shot v. quickly and clanged one off the post.. promising, imho
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Yesterday was the first time I really ever saw him play, besides highlights. Looks like he can be a threat. Just hope we get to see him, Ozil, and Sanchez for a full season.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trequartista » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 am

Seeing him play, I was struck by how short the guy is. I knew he wasn't a big physical striker by any means, but this guy is even a full inch shorter than Andrei Arshavin. Surprised more people haven't mentioned it, but I hope it doesn't hold him back in any way for us.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:16 am

Trequartista wrote:Seeing him play, I was struck by how short the guy is. I knew he wasn't a big physical striker by any means, but this guy is even a full inch shorter than Andrei Arshavin. Surprised more people haven't mentioned it, but I hope it doesn't hold him back in any way for us.

Well, the obvious one is that he is not going to be an aerial threat.

Which means we will be sending in a lot of crosses when he is on and stop sending them in once Giroud comes on.

Wenger tactics.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Trequartista wrote:Seeing him play, I was struck by how short the guy is. I knew he wasn't a big physical striker by any means, but this guy is even a full inch shorter than Andrei Arshavin. Surprised more people haven't mentioned it, but I hope it doesn't hold him back in any way for us.

Well, the obvious one is that he is not going to be an aerial threat.

Which means we will be sending in a lot of crosses when he is on and stop sending them in once Giroud comes on.

Wenger tactics.

Sounds about right :biggrin:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby BS221B » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm

GOAT STRIKER
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext