Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Better if we sell him and invest elsewhere Aubmeyang is the better CF and we have Martinelli and Nketiah who can cover
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:06 am

Auba is gone in 4 months m8
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby diesel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Over rated before he arrived. Legend in his own mind. Doesn't score enough, not fast enough or intelligent enough in his runs and doesn't hold play up to bring in others enough. Offer him to villa + £whatever they want£ for grealish
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:52 pm

Flat track bully, good in France and against cannon fodder otherwise he is missing.

Didn't make the French squad behind giroud says it all.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:39 pm

Crapazette, these baron goal runs season after season are pathetic for a 30 goal in 30 games striker from Lyon....then 'apparently' the big European clubs want him for 70m etc etc, f***ing have him, I have totally lost faith in him, if he is not smiling, hes not scoring, hes mentally weak, time to sell him in the summer and buy a proper number 9 who can finish.

We would be much better with proper wingers and not trying to facilitate him and Auba in the same side, selling Laca and buying Lemar or Zaha who can provide for Auba in a central role would instantly improve us.

He ain't a f***ing false 9, despite us playing him on support, but he don't seem to score even when we are playing him advanced either.

If he really holds the value the papers say, then get rid, he ain't getting any younger either.

Giroud=/=Lacazette
Last edited by NovaGB on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 pm

He's a good player, very good ball to feet and has a great shot.

His issue is that as he's thinking like a senior he's got lazy (positional wise not effort) and is expecting the ball to come to him when the youngsters are making themselves available because their not so entitled hence why they're scoring and he isn't.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He's a good player, very good ball to feet and has a great shot.

His issue is that as he's thinking like a senior he's got lazy (positional wise not effort) and is expecting the ball to come to him when the youngsters are making themselves available because their not so entitled hence why they're scoring and he isn't.

He does have talent but...

Judging by him moping around the pitch hes a primadonna, if he sulks he don't do anything, score or assist.

So whilst he holds value its better off to sell him and restructure.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:02 pm

I think it’s time for Laca to go. He hasn’t exactly been prolific for us and with Auba most likely leaving this summer, I’m not sure he’s the man to lead the line. I wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a season as a regular in the first XI just to really see if he has it in him like he did in France, but if a reasonable offer were to come in over the summer I’d offload him.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:47 am

if he doesn't score he doesn't do anything? lmaooooooo watch the games fella, man is running around like a nutter trying to win the ball and set our wingers away.

bandwagon slating cos he's not scored in about 4 starts boooooo hooooooooooo
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:50 am

King of Highbury XIV wrote:I think it’s time for Laca to go. He hasn’t exactly been prolific for us and with Auba most likely leaving this summer, I’m not sure he’s the man to lead the line. I wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a season as a regular in the first XI just to really see if he has it in him like he did in France, but if a reasonable offer were to come in over the summer I’d offload him.

He's already better than he was in France, don't know what people were expecting. I did warn you all he scored a lot of pens over there to inflate his goal tally but was actually pleasantly surprised by how much else he had to his game when he came here.

1 little dry spell after surgery and a mix of managers doesn't bother me. He'll get it back and then everyone will love him again.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Santi wrote:He's already better than he was in France, don't know what people were expecting. I did warn you all he scored a lot of pens over there to inflate his goal tally but was actually pleasantly surprised by how much else he had to his game when he came here.

1 little dry spell after surgery and a mix of managers doesn't bother me. He'll get it back and then everyone will love him again.

So if we got a decent offer for him, would you keep him?
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:52 pm

He doesnt have enough presence to be a lone striker in the pl, we could try him as a SS over ozil, he might do a lot better there, how many defences would want to play, pea, laca, martinelli and pepe.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:07 pm

It doesn't take much for fans to turn on a player and it won't take much for those very vocal today to disappear tomorrow if he starts scoring again.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:58 pm

Love his workrate, if everyone in our team had it, we would be alot better.

That being said, his goals and assist/game ratio being worse than giroud in both arsenal carreers is shocking.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:45 am

King of Highbury XIV wrote:
Santi wrote:He's already better than he was in France, don't know what people were expecting. I did warn you all he scored a lot of pens over there to inflate his goal tally but was actually pleasantly surprised by how much else he had to his game when he came here.

So if we got a decent offer for him, would you keep him?

What’s a decent offer? Bear in mind we paid 50m and getting any decent striker takes at least that these days.

But tbh the answer is yes, unless we got a silly offer 75m+ id keep him. I’d also keep Auba unless we get a 55m+ offer. We only stand a chance of getting back in the top 4 with both of them firing.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football