Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Another game without a goal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm

His overall play was better today but that was a bad miss.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 pm

his first touch is f***ing awful

still think he's a fine striker and better for us than Giroud but he needs to start banging them in again. I don't think we are creating enough chances for him but this is the worry I had when we signed him because a lot of his goals over the last 2 years for Lyon were penalties.

Despite his natural finishing ability which is clear, even if he has fluffed a couple, he's just not finding the net enough.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 pm

He needs to watch Wilshere!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

Can someone explain wengers management of him? Tonight he missed chances. But he played really well and he needs a goal. Morata missed4 huge chances. But conte never subs him because its his main man. Lukaku has like 4 in 19.....mourinho backs him 100%. Anyone who knows football knows strikers need confidence. Imagine if he stayed on and git the winner. Its moment like this that can lift a new striker. Instead he brings on welbeck....for what?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:20 am

Not sure what's going on with Lacazette at the minute. His overall game is there but his finishing infront of goal seems a little off. I feel like the chances he's been getting over the last couple of weeks he would of been tucking away at the start of the season.

Confidence thing perhaps?

There's no doubt he's frustrated, you can see that in his body language. I've noticed as of late he's definitely playing with his back against defenders a lot more rather than facing them like he was at the start of the season.

I'm wondering if Wenger is trying to turn Laca into a complete forward rather than the poacher type we saw earlier on in the season. He's linking up play and holding the ball up (which I think he's quite poor at) a lot more than he was earlier on this season.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Not sure what's going on with Lacazette at the minute. His overall game is there but his finishing infront of goal seems a little off. I feel like the chances he's been getting over the last couple of weeks he would of been tucking away at the start of the season.

There's no doubt he's frustrated, you can see that in his body language. I've noticed as of late he's definitely playing with his back against defenders a lot more rather than facing them like he was at the start of the season.

I'm wondering if Wenger is trying to turn Laca into a complete forward rather than the poacher type we saw earlier on in the season. He's linking up play and holding the ball up (which I think he's quite poor at) a lot more than he was earlier on this season.

There's actually nothing wrong with his shooting, the issue is twice in two games its been directly at the keeper.

Unlike Morata who's shots are going everywhere but the goal so at least he's got that bit right.

The problem is as you say he's not giving himself enough shooting room because he's posted up in the box with his back to goal so his only option is ...... turn and shoot, even if its straight at the keeper.

He needs to to be running at goal ........ like Jack did today ........ like Sanchez did the last game.

This would open up Laca's view of the goal and he can put that accuracy to use, right now he's resigned to snatching chances on the half turn.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 am

gooney wrote:Can someone explain wengers management of him? Tonight he missed chances. But he played really well and he needs a goal. Morata missed4 huge chances. But conte never subs him because its his main man. Lukaku has like 4 in 19.....mourinho backs him 100%. Anyone who knows football knows strikers need confidence. Imagine if he stayed on and git the winner. Its moment like this that can lift a new striker. Instead he brings on welbeck....for what?

Let me repeat for the upteenth time.

Project Welbeck.

Wenger is still trying to prove to everyone that Welbeck was not a panic buy and that he is actually quality.

That's as senile as you can get.

Wenger actually believers a guy like Welbeck, who is a terrible footballer, has a lot of goals in him.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Not sure what's going on with Lacazette at the minute. His overall game is there but his finishing infront of goal seems a little off. I feel like the chances he's been getting over the last couple of weeks he would of been tucking away at the start of the season.

There's actually nothing wrong with his shooting, the issue is twice in two games its been directly at the keeper.

Debatable for me. Since the United game I think he's lacked conviction. He's always had that killer instinct but it just seems to be missing.

Take tonight for example when he had that chance in the first half. He spun Cahill back to Bolton but then hit quite a weak shot for his standards. Those sort of chances are his bread and butter.

He also had some good chances against Palace and West Brom.

Hopefully a goal for him will do him the world of good and he'll go on a nice little run again because we need him firing again.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:46 am

He's the same as he's always been throughout his career .... a good focal point with the ability to maintain possession .... however whilst his shots to goals conversion rate is fine, the big weakness is that he hardly ever shoots .... Kane has over 100 attempts on goal, Salah is on 82, whereas Lacca is on just 50 (Xhaka is on 48) .... and before we start going on about minutes played ... he's played 1527 EPL minutes compared with Kane 1688, and Salah 1597 ..... so no he hasn't played 50% less minutes, but yes he has attempted 50% less shots, and yes he has scored 50% less goals .....

No idea why this is, and it's a very similar story with Giroud .... not sure if they are 'afraid' to shoot or just look for the perfect opportunity every time ....

If they were creating a shed load of chances you could perhaps see why neither of them shoot, but in fact the opposite is the case .... Lacca has just 3 assists (Salah has 5) and two of those were fortuitous ....

Arsene needs to tell our main strikers to shoot on site ... or we need to get better strikers .....

Despite playing at 50% Alexis is still scoring and assisting as much as Lacca .... and he's leaving .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 am

Welbeast gonna bench Lac-o-goals.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:10 am

Took too many touches today when in front of goal, and missed out on some clear scoring opportunities. Needs goals and needs them fast.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 am

He must be getting very miffed at being taken off, not his best game but a better option than Wellbollocks.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby gooney » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:21 am

Mike Dean wrote:
gooney wrote:Can someone explain wengers management of him? Tonight he missed chances. But he played really well and he needs a goal. Morata missed4 huge chances. But conte never subs him because its his main man. Lukaku has like 4 in 19.....mourinho backs him 100%. Anyone who knows football knows strikers need confidence. Imagine if he stayed on and git the winner. Its moment like this that can lift a new striker. Instead he brings on welbeck....for what?

Let me repeat for the upteenth time.

Project Welbeck.

Wenger is still trying to prove to everyone that Welbeck was not a panic buy and that he is actually quality.

That's as senile as you can get.

Wenger actually believers a guy like Welbeck, who is a terrible footballer, has a lot of goals in him.

Surely thats madness. Everyone can see welbeck is not only a terrible footballer. But he has no goals in him. I wish this ugly manc goes back to being injured
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Unlike Morata who's shots are going everywhere but the goal so at least he's got that bit right.

The problem is as you say he's not giving himself enough shooting room because he's posted up in the box with his back to goal so his only option is ...... turn and shoot, even if its straight at the keeper.

He needs to to be running at goal ........ like Jack did today ........ like Sanchez did the last game.

This would open up Laca's view of the goal and he can put that accuracy to use, right now he's resigned to snatching chances on the half turn.

good observation.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football