Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Kite33 wrote:My brother EliteKiller is on fire today destroying the trolls....

By the Way giroud led montpellier to the title...just saying.

Chamakh led Bordeaux to the title ..…..
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:And Gervinho led Lille to the title.

This is just too easy. Think before you type !

Also with 25 goals like Giroud? If Yes then respect to gervinho i would still take him over walcott
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 pm

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

You win King of the Numpties .... no way can I compete with that load of utter drivel, you do know Giroud played in the French league for six years .... ýou can't compare playing football with playing football .... lol .... does that mean any player who doesn't play in the EPL can't be compared? .... hahaha .... you are a funny fellow ....

FYI - If you want "Apples and Apples" then playing in the same French national side from 2013 - 2017 should work ......

Giroud - 56 games 26 goals ..... Lacca 14 games 1 goal .... go make sense of that Numpty Boy .......

EK, do you think I take pleasure in humiliating you ? I don't !

Giroud French league - 12 years, 190 appearances, 79 goals. For 5 different clubs. 32 of those goals were in League 2 !
Lacazette French league - 7 years, 203 appearances, 100 goals. For 1 club.

What does that tell us ? That Giroud got bounced around clubs like a cheap slapper around a group of drunk men. Lacazette also has a better strike rate. just under half of Giroud's goals were in league 2 ! Giroud has scored 20+ goals only once in the top flight of a league. Lacazette has managed it 3 times.

Giroud has had 42 starts for France. Lacazette has had 4 starts for France. Thats the reason his goal return is low for France - he has only been starting recently. Giroud has been getting preferential treatment from Deschamps. Lacazette has a better strike rate for Arsenal too.

So the only area Giroud beats Lacazette is for the national team and why would I give 2 shits about that when I support Arsenal !

So king, come take your crown like I said.

You win again "King of the Numpties" there's just no contest .....

You say you can't compare outside the EPL .... and then you do just that .... go figure?

'the reason his goal return is low for France - he has only been starting recently' of course that's not true he's actually played more games this year than last year (still zero goals) ...... but don't worry about the facts ...... the reason he doesn't play is the same reason anyone doesn't .... he's not considered good enough ....

Why would you give 'two shits' about any new signing or transfer target? Well let's sign Billy no brains from Switzerland who has the positional sense of a tree, or Bertie no balls from Germany a defender who can't feckin' pass, why bother looking at their weaknesses outside the EPL you know they will just magically get better when we sign them .... oh wait a minute we already did that .... how's that going?

Gotta laugh at King of the Numpties with lines like "would I give two shits about what they do for the National team" you see when comparing players then looking at their performance, playing in the same side against the same opponents, well that's kindda how most people do it .....

But I bow to the King .... any more facts that don't support your argument you want us to ignore?

How about the fact that in 253 games Lacca's got more booking than he has assists .... in fact his 26 assists at just 0.1 per game puts him outside the top 200 European strikers ..... or should we, as Wonger clearly did, just ignore that fact as well .... how's that working out for us? well so far zero assists so that's bang on his (according to the King these must be ignored) career average .... work that one out .....

EDIT - Whilst I think "theHotHead" is clearly a fool these posts are targeted at him not at Lacca .... Lacca is a decent 50m goal scorer, he isn't nor has he ever been a creative player .... his strength is as a target man putting the ball in the net ... that's exactly the same strength as Giroud has .... I was hoping that playing an Ozil - Alexis - Lacca front three would lead to Lacca getting a glut of goals, but as Wonger won't play them (just as he wouldn't play them with Giroud) we will never know ....

I just don't understand why Wonger bought an out and out goal scorer to replace an out and out goal scorer and then won't play him to his strengths .... the man's an idiot ....

If we don't provide proper service to Giroud/Lacca neither will have a hope of becoming a top EPL striker .... it's not there fault it's piss poor management ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:56 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

You win King of the Numpties .... no way can I compete with that load of utter drivel, you do know Giroud played in the French league for six years .... ýou can't compare playing football with playing football .... lol .... does that mean any player who doesn't play in the EPL can't be compared? .... hahaha .... you are a funny fellow ....

FYI - If you want "Apples and Apples" then playing in the same French national side from 2013 - 2017 should work ......

Giroud - 56 games 26 goals ..... Lacca 14 games 1 goal .... go make sense of that Numpty Boy .......

EK, do you think I take pleasure in humiliating you ? I don't !

Giroud French league - 12 years, 190 appearances, 79 goals. For 5 different clubs. 32 of those goals were in League 2 !
Lacazette French league - 7 years, 203 appearances, 100 goals. For 1 club.

What does that tell us ? That Giroud got bounced around clubs like a cheap slapper around a group of drunk men. Lacazette also has a better strike rate. just under half of Giroud's goals were in league 2 ! Giroud has scored 20+ goals only once in the top flight of a league. Lacazette has managed it 3 times.

Giroud has had 42 starts for France. Lacazette has had 4 starts for France. Thats the reason his goal return is low for France - he has only been starting recently. Giroud has been getting preferential treatment from Deschamps. Lacazette has a better strike rate for Arsenal too.

So the only area Giroud beats Lacazette is for the national team and why would I give 2 shits about that when I support Arsenal !

So king, come take your crown like I said.

You win again "King of the Numpties" there's just no contest .....

You say you can't compare outside the EPL .... and then you do just that .... go figure?

'the reason his goal return is low for France - he has only been starting recently' of course that's not true he's actually played more games this year than last year (still zero goals) ...... but don't worry about the facts ...... the reason he doesn't play is the same reason anyone doesn't .... he's not considered good enough ....

Why would you give 'two shits' about any new signing or transfer target? Well let's sign Billy no brains from Switzerland who has the positional sense of a tree, or Bertie no balls from Germany a defender who can't feckin' pass, why bother looking at their weaknesses outside the EPL you know they will just magically get better when we sign them .... oh wait a minute we already did that .... how's that going?

Gotta laugh at King of the Numpties with lines like "would I give two shits about what they do for the National team" you see when comparing players then looking at their performance, playing in the same side against the same opponents, well that's kindda how most people do it .....

But I bow to the King .... any more facts that don't support your argument you want us to ignore?

How about the fact that in 253 games Lacca's got more booking than he has assists .... in fact his 26 assists at just 0.1 per game puts him outside the top 200 European strikers ..... or should we, as Wonger clearly did, just ignore that fact as well .... how's that working out for us? well so far zero assists so that's bang on his (according to the King these must be ignored) career average .... work that one out .....

EDIT - Whilst I think "theHotHead" is clearly a fool these posts are targeted at him not at Lacca .... Lacca is a decent 50m goal scorer, he isn't nor has he ever been a creative player .... his strength is as a target man putting the ball in the net ... that's exactly the same strength as Giroud has .... I was hoping that playing an Ozil - Alexis - Lacca front three would lead to Lacca getting a glut of goals, but as Wonger won't play them (just as he wouldn't play them with Giroud) we will never know ....

I just don't understand why Wonger bought an out and out goal scorer to replace an out and out goal scorer and then won't play him to his strengths .... the man's an idiot ....

If we don't provide proper service to Giroud/Lacca neither will have a hope of becoming a top EPL striker .... it's not there fault it's piss poor management ......

Jeepers, the man wrote a f***ing thesis full of nonsense. :doh:

I aint got time for this but I will directly address your nonsensical thesis.

1) The original argument was about not being able to compare Laca's Arsenal career with Giroud's because Laca's is obviously a fledgling career. You jumped in and said you can compare them internationally and French domestically. Common sense says we shouldn't compare Giroud in England with Laca in France because of the differences involved. So taking "apples for apples" as both players played in France I did the comparison. Please keep up. My point was always not comparing different scenarios.

2) Lacazette's starts for France, again what you wrote is irrelevant ! You took "total appearances" which skews Lacazette's figures compared to Giroud's who has far more game starts and far more consecutive starts. In 2017 Laca started one game for France, had 3 sub appearances, 3 times an unused sub and 2 times not in the squad. So even I was wrong, he has not had most of his starts recently ! In 2016 he didn't play any games for France and in 2015 he had 5 appearances, 3 as sub and 2 starts. If you give a player bit part appearances he can't get settled in the team.

There is a clear Giroud bias from Deschamps, it has nothing to do with ability as you suggest.
2016/17 - Giroud 16 goals in all club comps. Lacazette 37 goals in all club comps.
2015/16 - Giroud 24 goals in all club comps. Lacazette 23 goals in all club comps.
2014/15 - Giroud 19 goals in all club comps. Lacazette 31 goals in all club comps.

Yet Giroud consistently has more game time for France than Lacazette. Its no wonder the French fans boo Giroud.

3) Why would I give 2 shits about what a player does for their national team ?? What does that have to do with how they will be for Arsenal ? Nobody buys players based on what they do for their national team, its about what they do week in week out for their club. Your comment doesn't even warrant a response but I responded anyway.

4) Assists, cool, lets look at that. Most people see an assist as being as good as a goal.

Giroud - 334 total club games (not including any Ligue 2 or Community Shield appearances). 145 goals, 58 assists, 1 own goal, 42 yellow cards, 2 red cards. Thats puts his goal involvement at .60 goals per game. Giroud has .1257 yellow cards per game

Lacazette - 286 total club games (not including any Community Shield appearances.). 135 goals, 43 assists, 0 own goals, 35 yellow cards, 0 red cards. That puts his goal involvement at .62 goals per game. Lacazette has .1223 yellow cards per game

Lacazette wins again, I don't choose stats that suit my argument I choose the whole lot. show me how Laca has more yellow cards than assists ? Fake stats you produce with your fake argument.

The crown is still waiting for you my yoot !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:32 am

theHotHead wrote:
1) The original argument was about not being able to compare Laca's Arsenal career with Giroud's because Laca's is obviously a fledgling career.

Let's stop right there .... Lacca is 26 he's played 285 games .... he's about as fledgling as my aunt fannie .... if you're basing your argument around him being an 'Arsenal' fledgling you're obviously confused ... player's do have careers before and after they play for us .... when you have six years worth of information on a player the sensible thing to do is read it .... you should give it a try .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am

And when you read it, Lacazette is far better than Giroud. And younger.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:And when you read it, Lacazette is far better than Giroud. And younger.

Quite probably true .... both decent goal scorers and absolute crap at creating.... one is 26 the other 30 .... my point was that after 5 years of Giroud why buy a carbon copy? and why are we buying second tier players? Lacca, Xhaka, Mustafi wouldn't get in the starting line ups of any of our rivals .... yet we buy them as starters .... they are all bench players at best ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:And when you read it, Lacazette is far better than Giroud. And younger.

Quite probably true .... both decent goal scorers and absolute crap at creating.... one is 26 the other 30 .... my point was that after 5 years of Giroud why buy a carbon copy? and why are we buying second tier players? Lacca, Xhaka, Mustafi wouldn't get in the starting line ups of any of our rivals .... yet we buy them as starters .... they are all bench players at best ....

Lacazette's goal scoring record is miles better than Giroud. A goal every other game is a pretty world class level. He's done well so far as well, despite not being given game time at all.

Watch and wait, mate. He will be the heir to the RVP legacy
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:33 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Lacazette's goal scoring record is miles better than Giroud. A goal every other game is a pretty world class level. He's done well so far as well, despite not being given game time at all.

Watch and wait, mate. He will be the heir to the RVP legacy

Hope you're right ... I've just lost all faith in anything that Wonger touches ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:40 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
1) The original argument was about not being able to compare Laca's Arsenal career with Giroud's because Laca's is obviously a fledgling career.

Let's stop right there .... Lacca is 26 he's played 285 games .... he's about as fledgling as my aunt fannie .... if you're basing your argument around him being an 'Arsenal' fledgling you're obviously confused ... player's do have careers before and after they play for us .... when you have six years worth of information on a player the sensible thing to do is read it .... you should give it a try .....

EK, if you read through the past posts people are saying they don't rate Laca, he has not done anything for Arsenal, he has not got any assists, blah blah blah. But the point is, he has just joined a new team in a new country, new language and all. So there is no point comparing Giroud to Laca at Arsenal, that IS the argument, any attempt to compare Giroud to Laca over this season is stupid because Laca has only had 10 or 11 games hence it being a fledgling career. But he has scored 6 goals so he is not doing badly at all.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:43 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

How are Giroud and Laca carbon copies of each other ? They are complete opposites. Giroud offers aerial threat and physical strength (sometimes). Lacazette offers deadly finishing and movement off the ball.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

How are Giroud and Laca carbon copies of each other ? They are complete opposites. Giroud offers aerial threat and physical strength (sometimes). Lacazette offers deadly finishing and movement off the ball.

Look at end results ..... it's a bit like the EPL table .... playing tippy-tappy - park the bus - 5 strikers that all might be different but in the final analysis it's only points that matter ...

Same goes for strikers it's goals and assists that count .... (FYI chances are based on KP's)

Giroud is a goal scorer not a creator .... career goals per game 0.46 assists per game 0.02 .... chances created 0.11
Laccazette is a goal scorer not a creator .... career goals per game 0.47 assists per game 0.03 .... chances created 0.09

These are decent but only second tier striker numbers ....

Compare that to their EPL rivals ...

Kane .... career goals per game 0.59 career assists per game 0.15 chances 1.87
Aguero .... career goals per game 0.61 career assists per game 0.17 chances 2.34

compare it to Alexis a player we can't keep ...

Sanchez .... career goals per game 0.31 career assists per game 0.19 chances 3.11

Look at the assists and chances created numbers ..... that's the massive difference and that's what makes Giroud and Lacca the 'same' .... they may play differently but over the last six years their end contribution to their teams has proven to be remarkably similar ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 pm

No, it hasn't, Lacazette has more goals.........
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:56 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:No, it hasn't, Lacazette has more goals.........

True even if it's a very small sample, so small that take out just one game (WBA) and Giroud would be better ....

Lacca 2017 / 18 played 751 minutes scored 6 goals .... one goal per 125 minutes

Giroud 2017 / 18 played 543 minutes scored 3 goals .... one goal per 181 minutes

Neither player has created a single assist this season .....

Fair to say they are both still scoring goals and creating nothing ... just as they have done throughout their careers ...

Lacca >>> Giroud no doubt, just on age alone .... but it's not going to change our results ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:13 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Look at end results ..... it's a bit like the EPL table .... playing tippy-tappy - park the bus - 5 strikers that all might be different but in the final analysis it's only points that matter ...

Same goes for strikers it's goals and assists that count .... (FYI chances are based on KP's)

Thats an oversimplification that does not work !! You cannot ignore the rest of the game because if all you do is manage by numbers half the players playing football would not have a career. Some players are good foils for others, other players are complementary to a system or to other players, if you look purely at numbers some players would look like utter dog shit. Hleb's numbers were shit but he was vitally important for Arsenal because he was so good at keeping the ball and he won so many free kicks we kept possession, for example.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football