Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Fenice » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:32 pm

generalanal wrote:We got Aubameyang because lacazette is/was not good enough as our main striker

We got PEA because we offloaded Giroud. If we get rid of a striker we have to bring one in. And with getting rid of Alexis it had to be a good one.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby generalanal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Fenice wrote:
generalanal wrote:We got Aubameyang because lacazette is/was not good enough as our main striker

We got PEA because we offloaded Giroud. If we get rid of a striker we have to bring one in. And with getting rid of Alexis it had to be a good one.

No if lacazette was good enough we wouldnt had spend another 70 millions on Aubameyang. We would had bought a Worldclass winger
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby KG3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:38 pm

generalanal wrote:
Fenice wrote:

No if lacazette was good enough we wouldnt had spend another 70 millions on Aubameyang. We would had bought a Worldclass winger

He's right tbf
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:46 pm

KG3 wrote:
generalanal wrote:
Fenice wrote:

He's right tbf

Which one of those was available during winter then?
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 pm

generalanal wrote:
Fenice wrote:

Correct - Lacazette is Giroud level (maybe lower).
Jury still out on Aubamayang.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby generalanal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Fenice it's not about who was available this was not the point. I make another example for you because you seem to be new to Football and arsenal.

Imagine we got Aubameyang before lacazette...and then sold Giroud. Do you think Wenger would had bought lacazette for 60millions as replacement for Giroud lmao?
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Giroud smashes Saints. Can't believe we sold him and kept Lacagoals.

me neither. Giroud is lightyears better and cost us 12 millions. Hard days to be an arsenal fan

I'll just leave this here.

Giroud 1st season = 11 Prem league goals

Lacazette 1st season .... so far = 11 Prem league goals

Suck on those stats.

As for your comments do us a favor and p*ss off to Chelsea, don't need Chelsea fan boyz at AFC, go follow your messiah and spare us AFC fans your constant yowling and dissing our players.

Proper Arsenal fans are the ones 'dissing' the players. Week in week out the players take the p*** out of Arsenal fans by showing a complete lack of desire to both put the effort in and also correct the shortcomings they so regularly display. If you think allowing them to get on with it and not critiquing them is the definition of an 'AFC fan' then you are sorely mistaken and don't actually help the club. Club first, players and managers are just passing through - even more so in this day and age where there is zero loyalty shown by the players to any club.

The simple fact is that Giroud is an all-around better player than Lacazette. You might struggle to accept it because one wears a Chelsea shirt now and the other is in our shirt, but partisan support doesn't change what is clear as day. They both score about the same amount of goals but Giroud is MUCH better at holding the ball up, winning headers and also being used for defensive situations when needed.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby knowledge93 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:12 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
generalanal wrote:
Fenice wrote:

Dumbest thing I've read in this thread full of dumb statements. Jury still out on a guy who's already scored 6 in 7 in a struggling team?

Imagine we have two capable strikers for the first time in years and some morons in our fan base are still crying for the days we had only Giroud as a starter. I liked Giroud but we've upgraded now let's just move on. I would have kept him so we could have different options and play different options but he had to be sold so we get Auba.

We need a proper CM/DM, a CB, a GK and a winger. We'll be fine up front. Stop being crybabies about our strike force which scores goals.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:09 pm

knowledge93 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
generalanal wrote:
Fenice wrote:

Dumbest thing I've read in this thread full of dumb statements. Jury still out on a guy who's already scored 6 in 7 in a struggling team?

Imagine we have two capable strikers for the first time in years and some morons in our fan base are still crying for the days we had only Giroud as a starter. I liked Giroud but we've upgraded now let's just move on. I would have kept him so we could have different options and play different options but he had to be sold so we get Auba.

We need a proper CM/DM, a CB, a GK and a winger. We'll be fine up front. Stop being crybabies about our strike force which scores goals.

Posters like you give me hope.

........... that it is only a minority of our fan base that is fkin delusional and not the majority.

It begs the question if what they say is true and Giroud is better then how come Lacazette has already equalled Giroud's first season prem goals and is likely to go on and beat that now, he only needs one more goal?

Anyway I'm done arguing with them, the stats are in, its done and dusted, I've learned from the Wenger Inn / Out arguments that there is a section of our fan base who are such fan boyz that rational thinking is far beyond them to even bother with.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:30 pm

The dumbest argument i have ever read. the striker who scores a goal more is automatically the better player.
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 pm

generalanal wrote:The dumbest argument i have ever read. the striker who scores a goal more is automatically the better player.

One, seasons not over, it may be by more than one so how do you know? two, that's the stats you would of used if Giroud had scored more.
Three .......... yes most goals is usually how strikers are judged all over the world but apparently not with you? which makes sense because your retarded at the best of times.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby generalanal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:The dumbest argument i have ever read. the striker who scores a goal more is automatically the better player.

One, seasons not over, it may be by more than one so how do you know? two, that's the stats you would of used if Giroud had scored more.
Three .......... yes most goals is usually how strikers are judged all over the world but apparently not with you? which makes sense because your retarded at the best of times.

So for example vardy has currently more goals than firmino. So he is a better player? Kane has more than aguero...i would still take aguero over kane...i don't see the sense in it. There are many more examples...you should stop your box training, you really swallowed too many fists
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 am

Impossible to say if "Lacca" is a success until he's had a few more games that matter (playing for 5/6/7 meh .... in my book he's good but not great ... same goes for Aubameyang ....

Giroud just didn't work with Wonger ... I blame Wonger not Giroud but he's gone so it no longer matters ....

Unless / until we buy a decent DM and two decent CB's it won't make any difference .... games like yesterday have become the norm, we are so lacking in quality in the first 15 it's frightening ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Only 3 goals behind Lukaku and 2 ahead of Morata lollll
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:36 pm

If the new manager starts playing 2 strikers up top, the Emirates will be packed to capacity every weekend.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football