Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:Needs to be benched

I prefer a striker that knows how to score.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Well if that's the case currently we don't have one.

One goal every 5 game Giroud is certainly not it, you better pray for PEA then.

Giroud has scored 105 goals in 16,036 mins for arsenal
A goal every 153 mins
So it's 1 in 2 at worst

This season?

Sorry but that's not the case, I'm not concerned what he did 3-4 seasons ago.

Right now he is going 3-4 or 4-5 games without a goal.

Do your stats for this season and see what that confirms.

Giroud
This season
7 goals in 1187 mins
1 every 170 mins
Still less than 1 in 2
16/17( not 3 or 4 seasons ago but last season where he posted his best goal to minute ratio)
16 goals in 1780 mins
1 every 111 mins
Less than 1 in 2
15/16
24 goals in 3349 mins
1 every 140 mins
Less than 1 in 2
14/15
18 goals in 2335 mins
1 every 130 mins
Less than 1 in 2
13/14
22 goals in 4092 mins
A goal every 186 mins
Less than 1 in 3
12/13
17 goals 3201 mins
1 every 188 mins
Less than 1 in 3
If you are wondering where the missing goal is I have removed it and all charity shield minutes as I do not recognise it as anything other than a pre season friendly
However you cut it
It's better than 1 in 5
Were giroud a 1 in 5 striker he would have 36 goals not 104
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Only his first season he will need to come back next season stronger, fitter and he needs to be more ruthless, could go either way from here, needs to stay strong.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Yeah nice one .......... the agendas are real.

Nice attempt to manipulate stats to look better than they are, but in plain English they look more like this .........

2017 / 2018 Season

Giroud = 9 goals / 30 appearances (yes some of those are subs but playing full 90mins in an inferior competition)

Lacazette = 9 goals / 31 appearances (With most of those playing in a tougher league and being subbed on 70mins)

Add to that this is Laca's first season here fresh off the plane, Giroud has been here for 5 years.

So currently its a draw so how people can try to twist the facts that our veteran 1st choice Giroud is better is beyond me.

I will give credit for Giroud being injured recently BUT we've had no Europa games since so he wouldn't of featured much anyway and the appearances are practically even.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah nice one .......... the agendas are real.

Nice attempt to manipulate stats to look better than they are, but in plain English they look more like this .........

2017 / 2018 Season

Giroud = 9 goals / 30 appearances (yes some of those are subs but playing full 90mins in an inferior competition)

Lacazette = 9 goals / 31 appearances (With most of those playing in a tougher league and being subbed on 70mins)

Add to that this is Laca's first season here fresh off the plane, Giroud has been here for 5 years.

So currently its a draw so how people can try to twist the facts that our veteran 1st choice Giroud is better is beyond me.

I will give credit for Giroud being injured recently BUT we've had no Europa games since so he wouldn't of featured much anyway and the appearances are practically even.

Wtf you are going full r***rd here mate.

You accuse of manipulating stats... meanwhile your comparison has goals / per appearances with 1 player being a starter and 1 player being a substitute player. How is THAT not manipulating stats? :badcomp: Out of Girouds 25 appearances 14 were substitute appearances while lacasette only had 3 substitute appearances.

Tougher league? Ok sure. Lets compare premier league only then.
Giroud goal every 90 minutes
Lacazette goal every 189 minutes.

:dontknow:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:48 pm

2017 / 2018 Season

Unlike Mr trump I take my lead from mr grad grind
Charles Dickens facts lover
Don't want to give giroud a hard time
I have no agenda
I couldn't give a monkeys who scores for arsenal as long as somebody does
I would be supporting lacazette in equal measure if I believed a falsehood was being claimed against him
I want all players at arsenal to do well
starmandb

Postby mel4 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Dejan wrote:

2017 / 2018 Season

You accuse of manipulating stats... meanwhile your comparison has goals / per appearances with 1 player being a starter and 1 player being a substitute player. How is THAT not manipulating stats? :badcomp: Out of Girouds 25 appearances 14 were substitute appearances while lacasette only had 3 substitute appearances.

Yeah, whenever Giroud is mentioned, she goes full r***rd!!!

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Dejan wrote:

2017 / 2018 Season

Are you being serious?

That fkin Giroud goal every 90mins!! because he comes on as a substitute so is not playing full 90mins to begin with!

These goals vs appearances are from the WHOLE season i.e the Europa and Cup games we were playing every Thursday which Giroud started and finished those games plus his Prem substitutions and any starts.

Lacazette has had his 70min prem appearances and that's it, Lacazette may only of had 3 sub appearances but he only plays 70mins and until the injury only prem games.

mel4 wrote:Yeah, whenever Giroud is mentioned, she goes full r***rd!!!

Do I sound like a she? .......... and hold on a minute, who are you again?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:

2017 / 2018 Season

Are you being serious?

That fkin Giroud goal every 90mins!! because he comes on as a substitute so is not playing full 90mins to begin with!

These goals vs appearances are from the WHOLE season i.e the Europa and Cup games we were playing every Thursday which Giroud started and finished those games plus his Prem substitutions and any starts.

Lacazette has had his 70min prem appearances and that's it, Lacazette may only of had 3 sub appearances but he only plays 70mins and until the injury only prem games.

mel4 wrote:Yeah, whenever Giroud is mentioned, she goes full r***rd!!!

Do I sound like a she
? .......... and hold on a minute, who are you again?

You are not a girl? :think:
Lol @who are you again? Are you in some playgroup or something?

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:

2017 / 2018 Season

Are you being serious?

Well duh, He cant play the full 90 if he isnt getting started in games. Well yeah, these games are off the full season. However, they are still incredibly misleading when Giroud only started 1 premier league game out of 16 appearances. How can you not see that its unfair to compare a player who's has more than 50% sub appearances against a player who started 28 out of 31 games? :dontknow:

Sure Lacazette has had his 70th minute substitutes. But he still played 700 minutes more than Giroud this season. That is nearly 8 full matches. How can you then say its a draw?

Goals/per minute played is by far the most accurate way of measuring goal output. Giroud had been far more efficient this season, sorry to break your bubble.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm

its his first season in a different country different league relax lmao
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:

2017 / 2018 Season

Are you being serious?

Well duh, He cant play the full 90 if he isnt getting started in games. Well yeah, these games are off the full season. However, they are still incredibly misleading when Giroud only started 1 premier league game out of 16 appearances. How can you not see that its unfair to compare a player who's has more than 50% sub appearances against a player who started 28 out of 31 games? :dontknow:

Sure Lacazette has had his 70th minute substitutes. But he still played 700 minutes more than Giroud this season. That is nearly 8 full matches. How can you then say its a draw?

Goals/per minute played is by far the most accurate way of measuring goal output. Giroud had been far more efficient this season, sorry to break your bubble.

Giroud has only started one Prem game but how many Europa and Cup games has he started and played the whole 90mins?

What I'm getting at as well is his goals / per minutes ratio looks good because he comes on for the last 20mins and nicks a goal, even if Lacazette scores in 70mins he still looks worse off in that particular ratio.

In the end of the day Giroud has had 5 years here and never once looked like he was going to be the WC striker we need, I've seen this guy go 12 games without a goal ffs.

Lacazette was doing just fine until his confidence got hit about 4-5 games ago and he's only scored 1 since, I've already criticised him for that.

mel4 wrote:

Says the guy who named himself "Mel"

D*ckhead.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:

2017 / 2018 Season

Are you being serious?

Giroud has only started one Prem game but how many Europa and Cup games has he started and played the whole 90mins?

What I'm getting at as well is his goals / per minutes ratio looks good because he comes on for the last 20mins and nicks a goal, even if Lacazette scores in 70mins he still looks worse off in that particular ratio.

In the end of the day Giroud has had 5 years here and never once looked like he was going to be the WC striker we need, I've seen this guy go 12 games without a goal ffs.

Lacazette was doing just fine until his confidence got hit about 4-5 games ago and he's only scored 1 since, I've already criticised him for that.

mel4 wrote:

Says the guy who named himself "Mel"

D*ckhead.

:arse flag.gif: :lol:

Go on with your girl Giroud rants! :rofll:

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 pm

mel4 wrote::arse flag.gif: :lol:

Go on with your girl Giroud rants! :rofll:

You've lost me.

So your a woman?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:What I'm getting at as well is his goals / per minutes ratio looks good because he comes on for the last 20mins and nicks a goal, even if Lacazette scores in 70mins he still looks worse off in that particular ratio.

...so this means that Giroud needs less time to score for us, and so he is more efficient for us. That is the only conclusion that can be made from that. If you are that truelly confused then we can take Giroud stats of last season when he was still a starter. And for the sake of it we will use the goals appearances method. 16 goals/40 appearances. Still far better then lacazette is producing now.. soo..... :dontknow:

DiamondGooner wrote:In the end of the day Giroud has had 5 years here and never once looked like he was going to be the WC striker we need, I've seen this guy go 12 games without a goal ffs.

None ever said that Giroud is the answer. I am just pointing out that Giroud has been far more efficient for us this season in terms of productivity. And my opinion? I havent seen Lacazette do things that Giroud cant. We needed a striker that is better at goalscoring(as our entire front line lacks goal scoring ability) then Giroud and we bought lacazette. And the statistics back up that, so far, he hasnt been the solution.

I know that it is his first seaso and his goal scoring will improve(he better does). But im slightly pissed off that If we do land PAE that we didnt buy PAE in the summer instead of lacazette and used the lacazette money to purchase a DM.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:49 pm

I said when we bought Lacazette that he wasn't "the answer" I thought he'd be good but we needed another WC Striker and I stated that a few times during the last window.

My stance hasn't changed.

We need Aubmaeyang.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football