Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby generalanal » Tue May 08, 2018 4:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:Again thank you Wenger. Mislintat knew lacazette will be a bench player someday so he straight called Aubameyang

P*ss off Chelsea fan.

Why the hell do we have these Chelsea fans among us all of a sudden??

There's no excuse for it, there's one thing ripping an AFC player who's not performing but to rip one of our players who's scoring almost every game is just hating on an Arsenal player and yet he's consistently boosting up a Chelsea player who's scoring less goals than our guy??

How is that right?

Like I said if that's your attitude fk off to Chelsea then you can happily support your idol without us hindering you, plastic.

giroud is a better striker.accept it or not. He wins games for his team. Aubameyang is our first choice striker and lacazette our second. I don't know what's so hard to understand. By the way how often have you asked for a summary after an arsenal game, watch the games if you are a real fan. Plastic fan detected

Giroud has scored less goals this season and it's lacazettes first bedding in season in the prem.

Strikers job is score, more goals = better striker unless its an odd occasion but more often than not that is the case.

But again if you love Giroud so much that you have to hate on our season top scorer because of it then fk off to Chelsea and be happy.

Is lukaku a better striker than lacazette? You are kidding me man...i rate lacazette higher than lukaku despite scoring less goals. Again for you...i expect more from a striker who costs that much. Aubameyang is a good example he was in the same price range and is much better.

We got Auba on a steal tbf because it was January and all the big clubs had blown their loads.

We'd never have got him for that much in the summer.

I just think you should back a player who since back from injury has scored in almost every game he's played, yet you hate on him because we sold Giroud who is now a Chelsea player, that's done and dusted.

if Laca's not scoring, have at it, but he is so I don't get how you can hate on him.

Bets over as well so hating on him now gains you nothing, for a 2nd choice striker, he's more than good enough.

Thats what i say he is a bench player an expensive one. He is good enough to be second choice. Don't know what your problem is. I say buy a worlclass winger and we have a great attack with Aubameyang as our main striker. Aubameyang and lacazette together then we won't get out the best of Aubameyang i think
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Hybrid47 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Don't get all the hate.

For his first season he's our top scorer and still getting used to its physicality plus he was injured for like a month.

I still don't know why we couldn't go to a two striker formation - they clearly have chemistry and that can only get better the more they play.

Welbeck as a third striking option with Nketiah waiting in the wings is not such a bad thing.

:arse flag.gif:
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 08, 2018 5:05 pm

generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:Again thank you Wenger. Mislintat knew lacazette will be a bench player someday so he straight called Aubameyang

P*ss off Chelsea fan.

There's no excuse for it, there's one thing ripping an AFC player who's not performing but to rip one of our players who's scoring almost every game is just hating on an Arsenal player and yet he's consistently boosting up a Chelsea player who's scoring less goals than our guy??

How is that right?

Like I said if that's your attitude fk off to Chelsea then you can happily support your idol without us hindering you, plastic.

giroud is a better striker.accept it or not. He wins games for his team. Aubameyang is our first choice striker and lacazette our second. I don't know what's so hard to understand. By the way how often have you asked for a summary after an arsenal game, watch the games if you are a real fan. Plastic fan detected

Giroud has scored less goals this season and it's lacazettes first bedding in season in the prem.

Strikers job is score, more goals = better striker unless its an odd occasion but more often than not that is the case.

But again if you love Giroud so much that you have to hate on our season top scorer because of it then fk off to Chelsea and be happy.

Is lukaku a better striker than lacazette? You are kidding me man...i rate lacazette higher than lukaku despite scoring less goals. Again for you...i expect more from a striker who costs that much. Aubameyang is a good example he was in the same price range and is much better.

We got Auba on a steal tbf because it was January and all the big clubs had blown their loads.

I just think you should back a player who since back from injury has scored in almost every game he's played, yet you hate on him because we sold Giroud who is now a Chelsea player, that's done and dusted.

if Laca's not scoring, have at it, but he is so I don't get how you can hate on him.

Bets over as well so hating on him now gains you nothing, for a 2nd choice striker, he's more than good enough.

Thats what i say he is a bench player an expensive one. He is good enough to be second choice. Don't know what your problem is. I say buy a worlclass winger and we have a great attack with Aubameyang as our main striker. Aubameyang and lacazette together then we won't get out the best of Aubameyang i think

Not only could we play a two striker system but even if we didn't, we are in what 3-4 comps over a season do you think Auba can play in all of them? what about if he gets injured etc?

Lacazette is never going to be "just on the bench" because we need at least two strikers regardless.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:09 pm

I like Lacazette. He works hard and gets goals.

I think under a different system, where so much play isn’t concentrated through the middle, he’d score a lot more.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby generalanal » Tue May 08, 2018 5:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

P*ss off Chelsea fan.

How is that right?

Not only could we play a two striker system but even if we didn't, we are in what 3-4 comps over a season do you think Auba can play in all of them? what about if he gets injured etc?

Lacazette is never going to be "just on the bench" because we need at least two strikers regardless.

I know. So why take the risk and play them both from the start if your backup striker is f***ing welbeck. I am not a fan of 442 but lets see what the new Manager will do
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Phil71 wrote:I like Lacazette. He works hard and gets goals.

I think under a different system, where so much play isn’t concentrated through the middle, he’d score a lot more.

Yeah I think your right on that one.

The way the Prem is and dare I say teams with defenses drilled as well as Atheltico's having that central ST on his own is just a recipe for having them marked out the game.

If a striker starts from just outside the box they then have the time to take run at defenders, take a touch and shoot without someone on their arse.

Not so much 4-4-2 (although its worked for Athletico all these years) but maybe the Diamond formation Liverpool used when they had Sturridge and Suarez may work for us but again, lets see what the new manager wants to do.

We have options.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:17 pm

I wouldn't mind us trying a 4-4-2, pea and laca are to devastating to not try and get in the same team
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Lucky7 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Pea is producing bucketloads from the wing with laca up front and laca is lapping it up. Why are we assuming that we have to run 2 up front for both of them to be in the team?

If it's Allegri coming in i could see a very similar system to what we are running now in the PL.

Allegri is tactically flexible so I don't want to say he's going to run any one formation for sure but one of his preferred formations is 4231 with higuian up top, manzukic wide left, cuardado right and dybala in the hole/am position.

We could replicate this system to an extent but our personel is very different. He likes the size mismatch of manzu vs left backs. Pea offers a lot from the wing as we've seen but not the same tactical setup. Dybala floating off higgy could work well with ozil/laca but ozil doesn't score goals like dybala, we don't have a cuardado type at all.

Most importantly to any system that features a press...ozil is an issue.

I would be surprised to see any new manager implement a straight 442. The closest approximation we can make with our personal would be to the 07/08 team with tight passing and no width. We would need another striker to cover a front 2 for depth on top of our current needs.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Agree with that entire post of Angelito.

Only thing I disagree with is LMAO. We can't play four such attacking players. We need to drop the weakest link, and for me, that's Ozil, as I showed in the other thread. He's been mediocre this year.

Ozil's been waiting for an attacking lineup like what we currently have for years. It's still missing one element to be complete, imo, but assuming the weaknesses behind him are properly addressed, don't be surprised if next season he has his best season in an Arsenal shirt.

Save this post
Nah there's nothing missing imo. LMAO with Ramsey as an advanced CM will be lethal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great, 5 attacking players in and around the box while the opposition counters and scores their 7th goal past Cech

@Pudpop
I would still get another goal threat. Preferably out wide. When lacazette starts he’ll be used as an impact sub. When lacazette doesn’t start, he’ll be used to free up other players and act as another outlet for Ozil

@LegendaryKeown
Barcelona pretty much plays with 5 attacking players in and around the box. City does the same. And Look what they achieved this season. It can work with the right personnel which is why I emphasized the importance of fixing the defense. In any case We won’t/shouldn’t play that way every game. A good manager would know when to switch up formations
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Fran Solo » Wed May 09, 2018 3:12 am

generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

P*ss off Chelsea fan.

How is that right?

I know. So why take the risk and play them both from the start if your backup striker is f***ing welbeck. I am not a fan of 442 but lets see what the new Manager will do

I don't think many better strikers would like to be in the same team with. Lacazette & Aubameyang. Welbeck is ok as a sub.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Wed May 09, 2018 3:24 am

Anyway I copy this from 7amkickoff:

24 – Shots by Aubameyang this season (for Arsenal)
8 – Goals for Aubameyang this season (for Arsenal)
105 – Total shots this season for Aubameyang
25 – Goals for Aubameyang this season (24% finishing)
79 – Shots for Lacazette this season (PL and EL only)
17 – Goals for Lacazette this season (PL and EL only 22% finishing)
46 – Number of goals Lacazette and Auba could score next season if they can get 200 combined shots and finish just 23% of them
20 – Percent finishing a player needs to be considered an “elite” forward
2 – Number of “elite” forwards Arsenal have now
171 – Shots Thierry Henry once had in a season (03/04 Invincibles)
30 – Goals Henry scored that season (18% finishing)
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby RW_0 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 am

he's been an absolute animal since his return
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mike Dean » Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am

I think he can be a great secondary striker playing behind Auba, just like RM plays Benzema behind Ronaldo.

Laca might not be great at one thing but he is very good at a number of things. He has the technical skills.

Remember, this was his first year in the league and Wenger had him on a tight leash.

He has looked good playing alongside Auba.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 am

DiamondGooner wrote: Not only could we play a two striker system but even if we didn't, we are in what 3-4 comps over a season do you think Auba can play in all of them? what about if he gets injured etc?

Are you sure? Liverpool only use Salah (50 apps) ... Spuds only use Kane (43) ... they surround their strikers with mobile attacking wide men who chip in with 10+ goals each .... the days of playing two out and out strikers together are long gone ....

Lacca can only play as an out and out goal scorer .... 30 assists in nearly 300 games tells you that .... if you use Auba as a support player then you limit his effectiveness, he's also a goal scorer with only 45 assists in 322 games .... with those numbers they won't be setting each other up much will they, so behind them we will need three creative players .... and as already pointed out if we play 5 attacking players we will need to win 6-5 most weeks .... now that's asking a lot

If Auba starts then Lacca, certainly in big games, will only ever be on the bench ..... unless we sign three quality midfield players of 100m standard .... and that isn't very likely ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon May 14, 2018 9:33 am

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote: Not only could we play a two striker system but even if we didn't, we are in what 3-4 comps over a season do you think Auba can play in all of them? what about if he gets injured etc?

Are you sure? Liverpool only use Salah (50 apps) ... Spuds only use Kane (43) ... they surround their strikers with mobile attacking wide men who chip in with 10+ goals each .... the days of playing two out and out strikers together are long gone ....

Lacca can only play as an out and out goal scorer .... 30 assists in nearly 300 games tells you that .... if you use Auba as a support player then you limit his effectiveness, he's also a goal scorer with only 45 assists in 322 games .... with those numbers they won't be setting each other up much will they, so behind them we will need three creative players .... and as already pointed out if we play 5 attacking players we will need to win 6-5 most weeks .... now that's asking a lot

If Auba starts then Lacca, certainly in big games, will only ever be on the bench ..... unless we sign three quality midfield players of 100m standard .... and that isn't very likely ....

Salah is not a striker, Firmino is the striker. Salah is the mobile attacking wide man
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football