Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Mike Dean » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:05 am

Selling Laca would mean having to rely on Welbeck as the second striker which is a disaster waiting to happen should Auba miss games due to injury.

Emery would be risking his job with such an idiotic move. We would struggle to score goals and accumulate losses.

Laca is the perfect striker playing behind Auba because Laca is not just a striker. He can play the wings, be involved in the build up, and support Auba.

We would be stupid to let him go.

He was just fine for his first season in a new league, given Wenger's absuridity in handling his playing time.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 am

It does make sense (even if the reporting is in a fantasy rag that makes 90% of it's content up every day) it's highly unlikely that Emery is going to play a front two, it's never been his style, nor right now do we have the cover in midfield to support that line up ...

I see a front three Mkhi - Auba - Ozil .... the back-up striker would then be Wellbeck, with Ramsey a back-up to the other two ...

In the ideal world we'd keep Lacca because he's far better than Wellbeck, however we can raise 60m selling Lacca today, whereas Wellbeck is part of our 'English' quota, his transfer value is less, and he's on lower wages ... and who knows Wellbeast may have a blinding world cup and suddenly he's worth 100m ... that for sure ain't happening to Lacca

All idol speculation but there is some logic there ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 am

EliteKiller wrote:It does make sense (even if the reporting is in a fantasy rag that makes 90% of it's content up every day) it's highly unlikely that Emery is going to play a front two, it's never been his style, nor right now do we have the cover in midfield to support that line up ...

I see a front three Mkhi - Auba - Ozil .... the back-up striker would then be Wellbeck, with Ramsey a back-up to the other two ...

In the ideal world we'd keep Lacca because he's far better than Wellbeck, however we can raise 60m selling Lacca today, whereas Wellbeck is part of our 'English' quota, his transfer value is less, and he's on lower wages ... and who knows Wellbeast may have a blinding world cup and suddenly he's worth 100m ... that for sure ain't happening to Lacca

All idol speculation but there is some logic there ....

........... We're not going to play a front two, and I take it in this scenario you've taken into account that Auba could get injured and not play every single game this year right?

Cause your alternative is Welbeck.

I don't like your proposition.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Exactly, we need two strikers first off, question, Auba gets injured ........... then what, Welbeck??

Second the guy was our leading scorer in his first season.

The fact that if we sold him we'd need another striker with immediate effect just shows this idea is crazy if true.

Lucas, Welbeck, Nkeitah also Balotelli would be a good rotation option and is avialable free even if he is a dick (they said the same about Auba).
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby joleg » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Lacazette can't be sold, we are supposed to improve our team and we are going to sell one of our stars? Aubameyang and lacazette can play together in a 433, 4231, 4141, 4222, 442... The team only needs tactical training. We have the opportunity to create an amazing society between two great strikers for 3 or 4 years and there is people who want to screw it.
joleg
Patrick Vieira

Postby GBLShorty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:39 pm

We should just play...

----------Aubameyang--Lacazette-----------
-----------------------Ozil--------------------------
------Mkhitryan---New DM--Ramsey-------
Monreal----Koscielny--Sokratis---Bellerin
----------------------New GK---------------------

I cant see whats wrong with that team as long as the new DM is a high workrate shuttler, use Wilshere to rotate with Ozil and Ramsey, Xhaka to rotate with Mkhitryan and Elneny to rotate with new DM, then buy a new striker to rotate with Lacca/Auba, like Moussa Dembele (home grown), or Balotelli on a free or just use Lucas/Welbeck/Nkeitah.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GBLShorty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Thinking about that formation Lucas Torriera could be perfect even tho I had my doubts in older posts, that way Mkhy can play wider because Torriera can pass and defend.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 pm

GBLShorty wrote:We should just play...

----------Aubameyang--Lacazette-----------
-----------------------Ozil--------------------------
------Mkhitryan---New DM--Ramsey-------
Monreal----Koscielny--Sokratis---Bellerin
----------------------New GK---------------------

I cant see whats wrong with that team as long as the new DM is a high workrate shuttler, use Wilshere to rotate with Ozil and Ramsey, Xhaka to rotate with Mkhitryan and Elneny to rotate with new DM, then buy a new striker to rotate with Lacca/Auba, like Moussa Dembele (home grown), or Balotelli on a free or just use Lucas/Welbeck/Nkeitah.

I approve this message.

Bit like the diamond midfield Liverpool used to play with Sterling at CAM and Sturridge and Suarez as two strikers, they almost won the league with that.

Makes sense as well seeing as we have no wingers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:59 pm

If we are going to do anything thing of note we got to keep him. Even if he is not a starter he has the experience and quality to help us. Though a front two of him and PEA would do some serious damage. If he is sold and PEA is Injured then we are royally f***ked
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:58 pm

i think you all should continue fantasizing that you are the manager and emery is not and make up formations and talk alotta mumbo jumbo
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Starting to see cracks with this guy.

I'll explain, as much as I preferred him over Giroud if I'm to be honest ......... why is it Auba can effortlessly score a hat trick against Borehamwood and Lacazette struggled to even get 1 even though he was in a good position a few times?

I've noticed he's not always taking his opportunities when he should, don't get me wrong, love his accurate shooting and I know he's just not as good as Auba but he needs to step it up now.

Guy spends most of a match sulking that he hasn't scored especially when others are racking them up.

Auba literally goes out of his way to put Laca in, Auba really likes Laca and I think he feels sorry for him.

I'm rooting for Laca, but of he wants that starting ST spot while Auba is shifted wide then he had better start to earn it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 pm

He's not a top striker, it's that simple. He's good, but not if you compare him to Auba.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DialSquaregooner » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Yawn... One pre season game ffs and shitting over him. I think Auba is better then him but one is bound to be better then the other. Both are good strikers
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:44 pm

DialSquaregooner wrote:Yawn... One pre season game ffs and shitting over him. I think Auba is better then him but one is bound to be better then the other. Both are good strikers
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Yago wrote:He's not a top striker, it's that simple. He's good, but not if you compare him to Auba.

Yep, did call it about the size of his goal chunk being from penalties. Difference is, now we have Auba, he doesn't need to be world class and he's an absolute great sidekick for Auba and one of the best backup strikers you could ask for imo.

Like the guy and want him at the club, just if it was a final I'd have Auba starting for sure and Laca would be a maybe depending on our winger situation.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football