Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:02 am

BS221B wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:Genuinely my favourite Arsenal player. The guy is the perfect striker. So deadly in the box. Dunno why, but he always surprises me with his control and dribbling.

Some fk ups who posted here were saying Giroud > Lacazette.

I mean what sort of thinking goes on in their heads? funnily enough they were all Wenger Inn's as well.

I could see his potential the moment he got off the plane, I've always had a soft spot for players like Hasslebank, Podolski or Batistuta who like Laca are great accurate shooters of the ball.

Now he's added strength on the ball and fight to his game he's one of the best strikers in the Prem, honestly right now I'd put him top 3 and I don't give a fk what anyone says.

is Didier Deschamps one of the f**k up guys you mentioned? because he clearly prefers Giroud over Lacazette in his roster choice.

Yes.

Because Giroud scored so many goals in the WC didn't he?

Giroud 1 goal this season, how many has Laca got?

Laca has beaten Giroud's goal tally two seasons running!

Suck on that, how the hell can you even "try" and make out that Giroud is better than Lacazette?

Fans like you are literally an embarrassment to this club, your more deluded than Ty.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 am

The argument Deschamps picks Giroud over Laca thus Giroud must be better is hilarious tbh

I hope we never buy a player unless Deschamps gives us his approval

Ive already in previous threads, could be this one I don't remember, ripped apart any argument of Giroud bringing the best out of Griezmann and Mbappe when he had f all to do with any of their goals bar one

I wont go in to that again to prove his shitness cos ultimately 1 goal in a season does that for me

He doesn't even do it coming off the bench anymore so his usefulness is as low as its ever been
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Loooool

BS221B, you are a dreamer!! And Deschamps is a plank
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:28 pm

As much as I love Lacazette, he does need to get more goals.

He presses from the front, is deceptively strong for a short bloke, works the channels well, is agile, has quick feet, links up play well and has phenomenal ball control. He's also a very reliable player in the big games, as demonstrated by him scoring against Spurs, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool this season.

Purely for what he provides this team, there aren't many strikers in the world I'd swap him for.

However, he has 11 goals in 28 games this season (Our second goal at United was his, don't give a f**k what the PL are saying, Rojo clearly hits it against Lacazette's shin).

That's not terrible, but it isn't great either. A player of his quality should be hitting more than that really.

The only reason I'm saying this is because he deserves to get on the scoresheet more than he has done.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:06 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:As much as I love Lacazette, he does need to get more goals.

He presses from the front, is deceptively strong for a short bloke, works the channels well, is agile, has quick feet, links up play well and has phenomenal ball control. He's also a very reliable player in the big games, as demonstrated by him scoring against Spurs, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool this season.

Purely for what he provides this team, there aren't many strikers in the world I'd swap him for.

However, he has 11 goals in 28 games this season (Our second goal at United was his, don't give a f**k what the PL are saying, Rojo clearly hits it against Lacazette's shin).

That's not terrible, but it isn't great either. A player of his quality should be hitting more than that really.

The only reason I'm saying this is because he deserves to get on the scoresheet more than he has done.

Goals are scored later parts of games and he is taken off
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Including the United goal, he has 9 goals in 1438 minutes in the league, which is around 16 games, or 40% of a season. That rate is the equivalent of 22/23 goals if he played every minute of every game.

Important to remember minutes instead of games, since it shows a better benchmark for rates. For example, Auba has played in 23 games this season and Lacazette 22, but Auba has 1838 minutes in comparison to Laca's 1438. In fact, ignoring penalties, Auba has 13 goals in 20.42 games to Laca's '9' goals in 15.91, which is 0.6367 goals/game to 0.5657 goals/game, which shows very comparable rates.

tl;dr, Laca is actually scoring at a similar rate to Auba when ignoring penalties and including the United goal.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Pudpop wrote:

Including the United goal, he has 9 goals in 1438 minutes in the league, which is around 16 games, or 40% of a season. That rate is the equivalent of 22/23 goals if he played every minute of every game.

Important to remember minutes instead of games, since it shows a better benchmark for rates. For example, Auba has played in 23 games this season and Lacazette 22, but Auba has 1838 minutes in comparison to Laca's 1438. In fact, ignoring penalties, Auba has 13 goals in 20.42 games to Laca's '9' goals in 15.91, which is 0.6367 goals/game to 0.5657 goals/game, which shows very comparable rates.

tl;dr, Laca is actually scoring at a similar rate to Auba when ignoring penalties and including the United goal.

I completely forgot to include assists. When including assists Auba has 16 in 20.42 and Laca has 14 in 15.91, giving 0.78 contributions for Auba to 0.88 contributions for Laca. Much better return than 11 in 28 sounds like.
Last edited by Pudpop on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Wasn't he given the United goal? It was pretty obvious
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 pm

gooney wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Why is that Lacazette needs a rest but Aubameyang doesn't? Out of the pair, he's the one that has lost a step.

A lot of times when a game is won the manager will actually take off his best player and let others have a go.

Laca scored already, maybe Emery wanted either Auba to get a goal for his confidence or .......... because he knew we'd be sitting deep defending the lead so wanted Auba's pace for a counter attack.

Regardless of his reasoning, we won, Laca is fresh and ready to go, people need to get over questioning the managers every decision quite frankly and just enjoy the victory.

The mental gymnastic people use is amazing. Laca gets taken off cause matches are won? I cant think of a single gamethis has happened. We were 2-0 up against chelsea 65 min in the second half where they clearly had the upper hand all of second half. How was that match won? He takes laca off because he want to focus on counters and sacrifice any sustained attack. Auba isnt great lone striker and cant do anything on his own. Again if this mediocre manager cost us laca he needs to be binned

We have not conceded a goal when lacazette has been taken off under emery
In fact we have scored 5
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby fredd1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:33 am

Put in a huge shift last night
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby HalHartley » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 pm

f***ing t**t, I expect us to win the 2nd leg at home but he be out longer then the one game and we might get a tougher team in the next round. we already have players out with injury. He should of just kept his head and waited for the next leg, Missed a sitter as well on top of that
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zenith » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Just 1-game suspension or could it be 3 (or more) for violent conduct?

Any news?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:42 am

Good fuckin lad, at least some k*** showed some passion. f**k em.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 am

Worst game for us.

He was fouled and he got frustrated. Dick move. You can see why emery subs him.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 am

Lacazette's frustration is understandable. He came to Arsenal thinking he would play in the Champions League year after year. Right now it looks as though he's not going to play a single Champions League game for Arsenal even if he stays until the end of his contract (2022).
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to World Football