Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:54 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Not sure how signing Ronaldo has made Man
U worse when he’s their best player and has scored 21 goals for them.

Who knows where they would be without him.

If we had a player who had scored anywhere near 21 goals we’d be in a great place.

Our top scored has 9 goals I think.

Wish our strikers were as shit as him tbh

I put up a stat recently showing man utds results without Ronaldo this season

6 defeats and a draw I believe

Third highest scorer in the league behind 2 players who play every game which Ronaldo doesn't.

But he's shit apparently
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Ach wrote:

If we had a player who had scored anywhere near 21 goals we’d be in a great place.

Third highest scorer in the league behind 2 players who play every game which Ronaldo doesn't.

But he's shit apparently

He's not shit, he's jus not the level he was and can not be consistent in the PL at his age.
The fact is that Utd are worse with him compared to last season and 2/3 of all his PL goals have come in just 4 matches.
He'll still have the odd 'Ronaldo' game but he's not what they needed and shot themselves in the foot by signing him.

If he was in our team? We'd have not scored half the goals we have form other areas in the team - we'd have relied on him as Utd have and been worse off overall.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:53 pm

He's near the bottom of the league when it comes to non penalty goals per 90 mins played in PL

The earlier posts in the thread lists the players above him in NPG/90. Auba is well ahead of him

Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:23 pm

Did not understand much of what was said.

Part of the quote makes me think he wasn't considering a new deal for Laca last summer, but has now changed his mind.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61152932

Alexandre Lacazette: Arsenal forward has opened talks with 'a lot of clubs'

Arteta said Arsenal took a risk in delaying contract talks with Lacazette.

"The contracts start and end with the expiry date that you have agreed on that day that you put the pen down," added Arteta.

Asked about Lacazette's contract situation, Arteta added: "We have expressed clearly what our intention is - to speak in the summer once we know where we are, about what we are going to do in the future together.

"And for the rest, I just want him fully focused on his duty, which is now defend Arsenal in the best possible way, like he has done all the time he has been with us.

"That's why he has been wearing the armband of this football club, that's a big reason."
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:21 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

But he's shit apparently

He's not shit, he's jus not the level he was and can not be consistent in the PL at his age.
The fact is that Utd are worse with him compared to last season and 2/3 of all his PL goals have come in just 4 matches.
He'll still have the odd 'Ronaldo' game but he's not what they needed and shot themselves in the foot by signing him.

If he was in our team? We'd have not scored half the goals we have form other areas in the team - we'd have relied on him as Utd have and been worse off overall.

He just scored a hat trick and has scored 21 goals this season, 16 of which has been in the Premier league so far, with 7 games left he could easily end up on 23 goals this season IN the Prem.

So what in the fk are you talking about he can't hack the league anymore or isn't consistent, 20+ goals in a season is top tier league ST stats?

Do you ever stop talking sht?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:27 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

But he's shit apparently

He just scored a hat trick and has scored 21 goals this season, 16 of which has been in the Premier league so far, with 7 games left he could easily end up on 23 goals this season IN the Prem.

So what in the fk are you talking about he can't hack the league anymore or isn't consistent, 20+ goals in a season is top tier league ST stats?

Do you ever stop talking sht?

Feel free to debate the points already made here - your first attempt is a failure at addressing any of them and is just antagonistic drivel.

The team has scored less this year with him and have less points (by far).
20 less points and 12 less goals at the same stage.
They are in real danger of dropping out of the Champions league having almost won the title last year.
Really big decline since he arrived.

PL, Ronaldo has scored 15 goals and they have 6 games left to play. It's not brilliant is it? He also has only 3 assists in the PL. IN 32 games he's contributed to 18 goals.
That just is not good enough and far below the level Utd would have expected - certainly way way below what you would expect from Ronaldo at his best.

The issue with Ronaldo is, when you dig deeper, he can only still do it now and then. 4 very good games where he looked his old self - actually netting 10 of his 15 goals all season in those 4 games.. the other 5 goals have come in 22 matches. Doesn't matter how well he played in those 4 games, it's still only 12 points.
i.e, The rest of the PL season he has been really poor to bang average.
He's been through 2 stretches during the season of only scoring 1 goal in 8 matches as Utd dropped points at a rate that sent them falling down the league and struggling to qualify for the CL
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:42 pm

What's that got to do with his personal contribution?

Is he managing the club? was he here last year?

Blaming him for last year compared to this year when Utd have gone through a manager change etc.

Is this boxing, is it a one man game?

Your argument is irrelevant and ridiculous as they are getting increasingly more and more this week as all your agenda's and arguments come crashing down around your ears.

Auba being sht, Ronaldo at fault for Utd, Arteta being this top manager .......... all of this is complete garbage and your being proved wrong live as we speak.

Ronaldo over 21 goals by end of season and just won Utd vs Norwich with a hat trick and Utd's top scorer.

Auba 10 goals in 12 games for Barca approx?

Arteta you said manager of the season .......... for what 7th or 6th place?

I'm done with you this season, I can't be bothered to watch you squirming all the way to the finish line spewing rubbish everywhere, none of your narrative shifts or excuses is going to work, I don't even want to hear it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:What's that got to do with his personal contribution?

Is he managing the club? was he here last year?

Blaming him for last year compared to this year when Utd have gone through a manager change etc.

Is this boxing, is it a one man game?

Your argument is irrelevant and ridiculous as they are getting increasingly more and more this week as all your agenda's and arguments come crashing down around your ears.

Auba being sht, Ronaldo at fault for Utd, Arteta being this top manager .......... all of this is complete garbage and your being proved wrong live as we speak.

Ronaldo over 21 goals by end of season and just won Utd vs Norwich with a hat trick and Utd's top scorer.

Auba 10 goals in 12 games for Barca approx?

Arteta you said manager of the season .......... for what 7th or 6th place?

I'm done with you this season, I can't be bothered to watch you squirming all the way to the finish line spewing rubbish everywhere, none of your narrative shifts or excuses is going to work, I don't even want to hear it.

You failed to address the points made again - bar one.

Ronaldo, all new signings are, was bought to improve the teams performance, not to gain personal glory. That is obvious.
He has failed - along with the his new team mates to have anything other than a negative impact. Thus it has been a failed transfer windows for Utd.
They've gone from title challengers to struggling for top 4.

The other points you didn't address.
Scoring 15 is not bad, but when 10 of those come in 4 games and the rest of the time it's 5 in 22, including 2 stretches of 1 goal in 8, all at a time when you are contributing nothing else, it's not so good at all really. Way way below what he was brought to do.

As for bringing up Auba again - just stop the baiting, He's gone, we were right to get rid of him based on what he was doing for us. That is the end of the story.

As for Arteta, I said he would be manager of the season if we got 4th - again just more of your antogonistic BS changing what I actually said. Put a cork in it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:24 pm

Best game for us this year?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:26 pm

Ach wrote:Best game for us this year?

:rofll:

Looks like it is helpful having a CF who scores. :dontknow:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:27 pm

Eddie just overtook him on non-pen goals, having been on the pitch for about 10 hours less :lol:
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:16 am

Lets hope he stays on the bench, he is done.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun May 22, 2022 5:28 pm

No final goal baby :crybaby:

Goatizette you will be missed
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 22, 2022 5:48 pm