The case for a new goalkeeper

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The case for a new goalkeeper

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Literally anyone under the age of 30 pls
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 am

Pudpop wrote:Literally anyone under the age of 30 pls

Pretty much the way I see it too. I was disappointed when I saw that cech was given the number 1 but it looks like that will only be in appearance only and not title if reports about Leno are true.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:49 am

Looks like Leno is our boy. Really hoping for the best with this one. I like all of the new signings so far.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:11 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:Looks like Leno is our boy. Really hoping for the best with this one. I like all of the new signings so far.

Agreed
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerShee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Leno, Hello, Leno :arse fan:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GoonerShee
Patrick Vieira

Postby joleg » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Nice Goalkeeper! I think this is a good one for many years.
joleg
Patrick Vieira

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:19 am

We should keep Cech as backup. He brings a world of premier league experience and could assist Leno in settling in. Courtois was always very complimentary about Cechs support for him.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KG3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Yes Leno is average, Szcezsny may have had his brain farts but when he put his mind to it he was world class. Tbf the defence his had at during his time at Arsenal was crap compared to now.

Cech first season at Arsenal was also world class won the golden glove and we should have won the title of Giroud wasn’t so s**t, not his fault though Wenger should have bought a CF.

Ospina was ok more consistent that Szczesny but never world class.

Emi was the last world class GK goalkeeper we had here shame we only got to enjoy it for a little while, put him in our side we’d be challenging for top four he’s the reason Villa are sitting comfortably mid table this season.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Emi is nowhere near world class, that is why he is at villa
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Emi is nowhere near world class, that is why he is at villa

Poor logic, Villa have the second best defensive record in the league behind city, Emi is second in clean sheets behind city’s Ederson.

Villa conceded 67 last season the second worst tally in the league and only just avoided relegation, but yeah clearly he’s not and just a passenger in the team
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:46 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Emi is nowhere near world class, that is why he is at villa

Exactly

He's been poor recently as well and he barely played in 10 years for us and that makes him world class for us apparently
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:17 pm

ffs so many great posters in the beginnning pages of this thread

great time
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:26 pm

That what could reasonably be compared to an exclusive gentlemen's club that less than 1% of the public are even aware of its existence never mind location, the title being ring-fenced as such by City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United over the last decade, only perpetuates the belief that you absolutely MUST have a goalkeeper who's at least part of the conversation regards the number one No.1 in the league and further afield.

That Leicester City gatecrashed this special invitation only party like punk rockers at Henley Regatta, winning the title with Kasper Schmichel who even his most ardent admirers wouldn't rate above extremely good and dependable, does not act to dispel the notion as myth as much as it tends to highlight the reality of anomalies.

With that in mind I would rather us remortgage the house in purchasing either Oblak or Donnarumma than continue in hope that lighting does indeed strike twice and even then, wouldn't it be just our luck to find that Leno has a bit of a fetish going on and was wearing a full rubber Gimp body suit and wellies.

In observing the dynamics of the team having its average age rightfully drastically reduced along with the feasible targets we appear to be pursuing being early to mid twenties, the Italian is the one who strikes me as being a perfect fit for what I think Arteta is working towards achieving for the club.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:That what could reasonably be compared to an exclusive gentlemen's club that less than 1% of the public are even aware of its existence never mind location, the title being ring-fenced as such by City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United over the last decade, only perpetuates the belief that you absolutely MUST have a goalkeeper who's at least part of the conversation regards the number one No.1 in the league and further afield.

That Leicester City gatecrashed this special invitation only party like punk rockers at Henley Regatta, winning the title with Kasper Schmichel who even his most ardent admirers wouldn't rate above extremely good and dependable, does not act to dispel the notion as myth as much as it tends to highlight the reality of anomalies.

With that in mind I would rather us remortgage the house in purchasing either Oblak or Donnarumma than continue in hope that lighting does indeed strike twice and even then, wouldn't it be just our luck to find that Leno has a bit of a fetish going on and was wearing a full rubber Gimp body suit and wellies.

In observing the dynamics of the team having its average age rightfully drastically reduced along with the feasible targets we appear to be pursuing being early to mid twenties, the Italian is the one who strikes me as being a perfect fit for what I think Arteta is working towards achieving for the club.

If Arteta had any intention on buying a new keeper, let alone trying on he would have given Ryan another start, Ryan had a decent starter when he played and in true Arteta style has never been seen since.
New keeper won't be happening
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:17 pm

The case for a new goalkeeper?
Easy.

Leno is our goalkeeper.

Case made.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021