Good Players We Can Sign From Relegated Teams

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Good Players We Can Sign From Relegated Teams

Postby Briggsy » Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 pm

teams are relegated because there players are not good enough simples
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:44 pm

IMF wrote:ZOMG JIMMY BULLARD!! LOLZ

Margaret Thatcher:

Jimmy Bullard:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed May 05, 2010 12:47 pm

I hate maggie (as does any Irish person old enough to remember) but she's still probably tougher than 99% of our players.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I hate maggie (as does any Irish person old enough to remember) but she's still probably tougher than 99% of our players.

:rofll: :rofll:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby djaxster » Wed May 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Igmalian wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Bullard is a muppet. The media likes him because he is a "joker" but he's a prat

I live in Hull and some of the things that I have been told about him make Pete Docherty sound normal. :biggrin:

Maybe I should email SoccerAM and tell them what he's really like! ;)

Spill then
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Igmalian » Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

djaxster wrote:
Igmalian wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Bullard is a muppet. The media likes him because he is a "joker" but he's a prat

I live in Hull and some of the things that I have been told about him make Pete Docherty sound normal. :biggrin:

Spill then

Out on the piss every night, taking cocaine, cheating on his wife, been beaten up for being a complete cock, abusive to bar staff and anybody else that he considers to be beneath him and just generally being drunken lout!

You could probably forgive him for his off field antics (and his shockingly high wages) if he was doing the business on the pitch but he hasn't!
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Massa » Wed May 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Jensen, Myhill or James
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Est83 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Igmalian wrote:
djaxster wrote:
Igmalian wrote:

Spill then

Out on the piss every night, taking cocaine, cheating on his wife, been beaten up for being a complete cock, abusive to bar staff and anybody else that he considers to be beneath him and just generally being drunken lout!

You could probably forgive him for his off field antics (and his shockingly high wages) if he was doing the business on the pitch but he hasn't!

How he is he not in the England squad!?!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Igmalian » Wed May 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Est83 wrote:How he is he not in the England squad!?!

Over qualified??? :biggrin:
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed May 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Briggsy wrote:teams are relegated because there players are not good enough simples

Or because they're docked points for being managed by greedy bastards.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 am

Igmalian wrote:
djaxster wrote:
Igmalian wrote:

Spill then

He also failed his medical when he joined Hull lol
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 am

Pukki - We need goals and the fact is he has more BPL goals than Laca/Nketiah put together, pukki is joint on BPL goals with Saka who is our top scorer on 11 goals, those are some good numbers considering he plays for the worst team in the BPL, Norwich only scored 23 BPL goals as team.

This signing is ideal as he provides BPL experience, short term stop gap for Balogun to go out on loan in the BPL next season, upgrade on Lacazette/Nketiah, last but not least we will have more funds to spend on a first choice centre forward!

Going under the assumption that Leeds are relegated Kalvin Phillips and Raphina are two players we should be all over, I don’t need to explain to you why they would be good for our squad, especially if we can get them at cut prices and send Leeds some players in return to help them push for promotion, maybe Nelson on a permanent transfer and Patino on loan

Raphina/Saka/Martinelli/Hutchinson all pushing each other for spots next season

Phillips/Partey covering the CDM role and playing together when need be to secure the win

If we want to be like Liverpool/City we need to start having better quality cover in each position
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:07 am

KG3 wrote:Pukki - We need goals and the fact is he has more BPL goals than Laca/Nketiah put together, pukki is joint on BPL goals with Saka who is our top scorer on 11 goals, those are some good numbers considering he plays for the worst team in the BPL, Norwich only scored 23 BPL goals as team.

This signing is ideal as he provides BPL experience, short term stop gap for Balogun to go out on loan in the BPL next season, upgrade on Lacazette/Nketiah, last but not least we will have more funds to spend on a first choice centre forward!

Going under the assumption that Leeds are relegated Kalvin Phillips and Raphina are two players we should be all over, I don’t need to explain to you why they would be good for our squad, especially if we can get them at cut prices and send Leeds some players in return to help them push for promotion, maybe Nelson on a permanent transfer and Patino on loan

Raphina/Saka/Martinelli/Hutchinson all pushing each other for spots next season

Phillips/Partey covering the CDM role and playing together when need be to secure the win

If we want to be like Liverpool/City we need to start having better quality cover in each position

Good post.

Other names to consider Emmanuel Dennis instead of Pukki if we want someone younger and Max Aarons for competition in the fullback position.

Of course if there’s better quality elsewhere we should not sign the aforementioned players. The main point is that there should be no excuse for Arteta and company to go into next season with glaring holes in the squad. Players who can improve us are available and within reach
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Santi » Wed May 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Phillips and Raphinha will probably total about 80m though. There's no major bargains when clubs get relegated anymore unless it's on a punt like Robertson.

Got to remember they've also contributed to a side getting relegated, not that a player can't stand out or be too good and let down by those around him but let's not go all supermarket sweep on relegated players.

Raphinha probably the only one I'd go for but seems like Barca already tapped him up.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed May 18, 2022 4:29 pm

No one from Norwich.

Sarr from Watford. Possibly Dennis.

McNeil from Burnley but he's been absolutely shit this season. Philips and Raphinha from Leeds. Doucoure, DCL, richarlison from Everton
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk