Which youngsters will not make it at the arsenal?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Which youngsters will not make it at the arsenal?

Postby Forest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 pm

The Massa Machine wrote:Will not make it IMO:

GK: Mannone
DF: Senderos
MF: Denilson
ST: Walcott

The most painful out of them would have to be Walcott, dont think he can make it but I hope to be proved wrong :pray:

which list you looking at? :lol:
yea agree with you about walcott, injury after injury is stopping his progress
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 pm

The Midfield General wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Popey wrote:So what do you think? which youngsters will not make it at the arsenal?

The horrible truth is: most of them.....

This...

Although, in Popey's list, some of the players in it IMO have already made it, and are just waiting for their big chance, players like Gibbs, Djourou, Ramsey etc

And its great to see Leody talking about Traore like that, when more times than not this season, he has been good :rolleyes:

Oh if AW decides to wake up and play him in his preferred position, he will become a valuable member of this team, there is not a better crosser from that side than Traore in the team, he is as fast if not faster than Walcott as well, and the best thing about him is that he KNOWS HOW TO GO PAST PLAYERS.

As I said to Inch, we haven't had many other options for left back recently, Traore's had to play left back because Clichy and Gibbs have been injured, the only other option was Silvestre and Wenger prefers fast, fit and attacking players in the full back position.

Silvestre is a better defender than Traore, common sense should be applied rather than just going for the most attack minded option.

And before that even, Traore was being played at LB, he is not a LB, he hates the position, 'Arry immediately moved him to left wing at Pompey and he was f***ing quality.

AW is a stubborn old git.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:31 pm

gunngunn wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Popey wrote:So what do you think? which youngsters will not make it at the arsenal?

This...

Although, in Popey's list, some of the players in it IMO have already made it, and are just waiting for their big chance, players like Gibbs, Djourou, Ramsey etc

And its great to see Leody talking about Traore like that, when more times than not this season, he has been good :rolleyes:

Oh if AW decides to wake up and play him in his preferred position, he will become a valuable member of this team, there is not a better crosser from that side than Traore in the team, he is as fast if not faster than Walcott as well, and the best thing about him is that he KNOWS HOW TO GO PAST PLAYERS.

As I said to Inch, we haven't had many other options for left back recently, Traore's had to play left back because Clichy and Gibbs have been injured, the only other option was Silvestre and Wenger prefers fast, fit and attacking players in the full back position.

Silvestre is a better defender than Traore, common sense should be applied rather than just going for the most attack minded option.

And before that even, Traore was being played at LB, he is not a LB, he hates the position, 'Arry immediately moved him to left wing at Pompey and he was f***ing quality.

but I still prefer traoré over silvestre as LB.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockin' Robin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:32 pm

gunngunn wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
Libertine wrote:

This...

Silvestre is a better defender than Traore yes, but Wenger is an attacking minded coach and he'll usually prefer a less defensively-adept player who's good going forward to a pretty decent defender who's not that great going forward. Besides, Traore's not going to play left wing ahead the likes of Arshavin, Nasri, Walcott etc is he?
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:38 pm

LB or LW, I really don't see Traore ever getting to the point where he is our first choice...

That simple.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my first comment, but I don't see him having the requisite quality.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Randall, Landsbury, Szczesny, G Hoyt, Gilbert, Nordveit deffo won't

Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Djourou will.

The rest could go either way.

Merida will probably leave. But if he doesn't, he would make it too.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Szczesny defo won't?

I think he is our best keeper.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Whhaaaaa

Mannone is way better than shneezles. So is Fabianksi
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I still think nordveit will do it... dont know why!?!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:58 pm

CynicalGooner" Szczesny, Nordveit deffo won't [/quote]

[quote="gunngunn wrote:
Szczesny defo won't?

I think he is our best keeper.

Exactly, have you not read the reports about his loan spell?

He pulls off spectacular saves in every match!

I have seen him play once and he was amazing and I was sitting pretty close!

Even Wenger keeps saying how talented and exceptional he is

Have you even seen him play?

Szczesny and Nordveit are another two of our best emerging talents, you can gauge that by what Wenger regularly says about them.

You dont hear him talking about Randall, Lansbury, Gilbert or Hoyt at all.....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

As I said before on this forum I hate threads like these because the majority of the players being talked about are too young to be written off.
At the age of 17 or 19 how the hell can you tell who will make it and who won't? One player has a few fancy tricks and the next one doesn't so he won't make it, is that it?
It's all bollocks.
Think about your current job, if you were doing it at the age of 18 would you be any good at it? If not should you then give up or go and work for a smaller company?
I didn't even START my current job until I was 22 and at the time I knew absolutely nothing about it whatsoever.

Look at Jay Simpson, when he was 17 he was rubbish, couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo. A couple of loan spells later and he's dynamite, making a huge difference to the team.
At that age players can change dramatically in the space of a single loan spell.
Why write them off now?
CynicalGooner wrote:Nordveit deffo won't

I'm struggling to understand this one.
Nordveit has played about 5 games in England for Arsenal, all of which were reserve games. The rest he's played in Germany or other countries on loan so unless you've been stalking him how on earth do you know whether he'll make it at Arsenal or not?
:scratch:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:48 pm

is Nordveit playing regular in germany?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Goose wrote:Exactly, have you not read the reports about his loan spell?

Szczesny and Nordveit are another two of our best emerging talents, you can gauge that by what Wenger regularly says about them.

I look at it like this, I think Mannone and Fabianski are better than Shneezle, but all 3 are good propects. So all 3 will probably be good enough for first team football at top level eventually. But they are all young, so could / would we keep them all? I don't think so. I think Wenger will sell one and it'll be shneezle.

Inchpractice wrote:

Nordveit has played about 5 games in England for Arsenal, all of which were reserve games. The rest he's played in Germany or other countries on loan so unless you've been stalking him how on earth do you know whether he'll make it at Arsenal or not?

Similar to above. We have a lot of young forward coming through and all at comparable ages. I think some will make it here and some won't. I just think Nordveit won't. It's not even all about how good they are - Wenger has set up our academy to farm talent and selling at least 50% of our young players is a massive revenue stream. I just get a feeling that Wenger is parading him in the world's shop window.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's just about him (and others) getting vital experience.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Goose wrote:Exactly, have you not read the reports about his loan spell?

I look at it like this, I think Mannone and Fabianski are better than Shneezle, but all 3 are good propects. So all 3 will probably be good enough for first team football at top level eventually. But they are all young, so could / would we keep them all? I don't think so. I think Wenger will sell one and it'll be shneezle.

Inchpractice wrote:

Similar to above. We have a lot of young forward coming through and all at comparable ages. I think some will make it here and some won't. I just think Nordveit won't. It's not even all about how good they are - Wenger has set up our academy to farm talent and selling at least 50% of our young players is a massive revenue stream. I just get a feeling that Wenger is parading him in the world's shop window.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's just about him (and others) getting vital experience.

Well 1st of Nordveit is a CB, so your saying he wont make it without seeing him play or knowing what position he plays in?

Szczesny, is only 19 and is a hot young prospect and is performing well in the Championship, Fabianski and Mannone are ahead of him because they are older.

Wenger said that he and the coching staff have identified him as a future great goalkeeper
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh shit im thinking of a different player then.

There's less than 2 years between Manonne and Shneezle, that's nothing in goalkeeping terms, if you can't compare them, what can you do?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk