WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:50 pm

immsun wrote:Bull Shit posts above 2.

You don't stay somewhere for 20 years unless you love that place and has Passion for it.

Wenger is not in for Money lol. Stupidity to think like this. He would have earned far more at psg or Madrid .

Immsun I get your point but I want to make another - just because someone stays at a job for 20+ years that doesn't mean they love the job or have passion for it, it could be they are scared of change or lack confidence to find a job elsewhere, it may mean also that they are comfortable where they are or are not ambitious.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm

I stayed in a job 5 years and I hated it. But it was easy job and good money. A job where there was no pressure on me and it was repetitive, so I didnt have to even think.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Gooner Alexis, I don't think what you wrote proves Wenger is not a one trick pony. We played one style of football until the end of the Invincibles - which is fine because we were winning things, we didn't do too well in Europe however and that "one trick pony" accusation is accurate for that - Wenger failed to adapt or adopt a style that was good for Europe, we attacked in a gung ho fashion and got picked off.

Then we have the Emirates era, our football style changed to possession-based and Wenger fielded lots of kids allegedly because of the stadium debt. But fielding kids and playing he same style of football is not an additional "trick" in my opinion, its still the same style of play. It was flawed hence our numerous embarrassments in the league and in the Champions League - the latter of which we performed even worse in.

In my opinion Wenger has adopted 3 styles of play, fast counter attacking football in the early days, then possession/tiki taka style now we are on this 3 at the back possession style, but its always the same style for that particular era, he never changes it up mid during the season (last season was the first time he did so - in 20+ seasons my point is valid) or during games.

So he IS a one trick pony, he is clueless to effect change during a game by doing something radical.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:

You don't stay somewhere for 20 years unless you love that place and has Passion for it.

Wenger is not in for Money lol. Stupidity to think like this. He would have earned far more at psg or Madrid .

Immsun I get your point but I want to make another - just because someone stays at a job for 20+ years that doesn't mean they love the job or have passion for it, it could be they are scared of change or lack confidence to find a job elsewhere, it may mean also that they are comfortable where they are or are not ambitious.

Wonga is just a little obnoxious bully who like to pontificate over his so called domain, he has been found out and knows his days are numbered so he won't /hasn't got the balls to move.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby arsenalpan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes he could earn more at PSG or Madrid, but just for 1 season or maybe 2. Then he would be kicked out. Make sense?
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Angelito wrote:Wenger isn't a one-trick pony. He's just been in the same environment for far too long resulting in complacency. He also seems to have stopped learning for nearly a decade now. Exceptions apart, if you stick to the same job for over two decades, you're bound to go stale. Wenger's ideas, philosophy, and ideologies aren't challenged at Arsenal. He runs the place and he's become drunk with the power he enjoys at Arsenal.

If you work at the same place for over two decades non-stop, no breaks ever - when will you get the time to reflect and look back at your life, career, mistakes? If Wenger were a company CEO, he could hire the best minds or take time off before resuming services, read, and do stuff. But he's not. He's in a hands-on job. Wenger is a class manager who seems to succeed when he's working in a partnership. It appears that he goes haywire when he has full authority.

Sadly, at Arsenal, we complement Wenger's stagnation and refusal to learn, if anything. No other club repeats the same mistake every summer for 8 transfer windows in a row.

I'm sorry to say that this board's comprehension level and ability to think before posting is at an all-time low.

Yawn.

Name other managers in recent football history that have been the manager of a big club with big expectations for 20+ years.

I don't expect you to be able to produce many if any names, so having a very small number of names to choose from YOU cannot pick and choose "exceptions".

Think you will find my reading comprehension is just fine.

Yes, because the entire post I was only talking about football management, and not general career or life. ;)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Is it sad that the only thing i look forward is to wengers suffering? Thats all i have left.....hatred is all i have left. All i eant is for him to suffer like we have
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 pm

That is sad, get a life, gooney.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Angelito wrote:Yes, because the entire post I was only talking about football management, and not general career or life. ;)

But doesn't it depend on the career, you can't just blanket cover everything. If you work in an industry that doesn't change much, one that is not too dynamic, the requirement to change, adapt, move with the times or be ahead of the game is limited so not a problem.

But as we know football is dynamic - as we ALL found out when Wenger joined us and brought brand new methods and a new style of football. surely it has ALWAYS been in Wenger's best interests to move with the times at the very least - or be ahead of it.He was either incapable of moving with the times or was too arrogant to. He had opportunities to change within that 20+ year period but has resisted it - him being at the club for so long is therefore not the reason he cannot change - change elsewhere has been occurring before his very eyes throughout his tenure.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:Yes, because the entire post I was only talking about football management, and not general career or life. ;)

But doesn't it depend on the career, you can't just blanket cover everything. If you work in an industry that doesn't change much, one that is not too dynamic, the requirement to change, adapt, move with the times or be ahead of the game is limited so not a problem.

But as we know football is dynamic - as we ALL found out when Wenger joined us and brought brand new methods and a new style of football. surely it has ALWAYS been in Wenger's best interests to move with the times at the very least - or be ahead of it.He was either incapable of moving with the times or was too arrogant to. He had opportunities to change within that 20+ year period but has resisted it - him being at the club for so long is therefore not the reason he cannot change - change elsewhere has been occurring before his very eyes throughout his tenure.

He is just an arrogant stubborn man. !!
Nuggets

Postby weaponx57 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:Gooner Alexis, I don't think what you wrote proves Wenger is not a one trick pony. We played one style of football until the end of the Invincibles - which is fine because we were winning things, we didn't do too well in Europe however and that "one trick pony" accusation is accurate for that - Wenger failed to adapt or adopt a style that was good for Europe, we attacked in a gung ho fashion and got picked off.

Then we have the Emirates era, our football style changed to possession-based and Wenger fielded lots of kids allegedly because of the stadium debt. But fielding kids and playing he same style of football is not an additional "trick" in my opinion, its still the same style of play. It was flawed hence our numerous embarrassments in the league and in the Champions League - the latter of which we performed even worse in.

In my opinion Wenger has adopted 3 styles of play, fast counter attacking football in the early days, then possession/tiki taka style now we are on this 3 at the back possession style, but its always the same style for that particular era, he never changes it up mid during the season (last season was the first time he did so - in 20+ seasons my point is valid) or during games.

So he IS a one trick pony, he is clueless to effect change during a game by doing something radical.

Very well said. This is an educated viewpoint something the apathetic Wenger Inn status quo people will never understand.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Callum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 am

gooney wrote:Is it sad that the only thing i look forward is to wengers suffering? Thats all i have left.....hatred is all i have left. All i eant is for him to suffer like we have

Yes, yes it is.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:14 am

theHotHead wrote:

You've somewhat echoed what I said basically.

Wenger is in a hand-on job, so he needed change more than anyone.

Some people simply aren't capable of exerting self-control and self-reflection. SAF could do this because he had other areas in life he was interested in. Wenger can't because he's obsessed with football. That's also why Wenger's downfall coincided Dein's resignation. They worked brilliantly as a partnership. Once Dein left, Wenger was on his own; his vision changed from footballing to corporate goals. And, he's been that ever since.

In Wenger's eyes, he is a huge success because we have grown in the last 20 years. We have grown like never before. Wenger looks at Arsenal as his corporate baby. And, the sad part is, he doesn't have anyone to push him to his limits. Our CEO acts like his butler and the owner only cares about profits. There is no balance of power at Arsenal. You just don't challenge Wenger and when it is so, I'm not surprised how Wenger has completely lost touch with reality on the ground.

Pep Guardiola would have rather played with 11 midfielders, but look today - he's willing to field two strikers up top. Wenger hasn't done that for nearly 10 years now. He's been unrivalled in this job for far too long. Wenger's personality seems like one of those great people who need constant change, otherwise, they end up a sad caricature of themselves. I'm not surprised.

Angelito wrote:He's just been in the same environment for far too long resulting in complacency. He also seems to have stopped learning for nearly a decade now. Exceptions apart, if you stick to the same job for over two decades, you're bound to go stale. Wenger's ideas, philosophy, and ideologies aren't challenged at Arsenal. He runs the place and he's become drunk with the power he enjoys at Arsenal.

If you work at the same place for over two decades non-stop, no breaks ever - when will you get the time to reflect and look back at your life, career, mistakes? If Wenger were a company CEO, he could hire the best minds or take time off before resuming services, read, and do stuff. But he's not. He's in a hands-on job. Wenger is a class manager who seems to succeed when he's working in a partnership. It appears that he goes haywire when he has full authority.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:35 am

Well looks like ox has turned down the contract. So embarrassing him to plea with ox about loyalty and how much they invested in him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Alexis » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:35 am

gooney wrote:Is it sad that the only thing i look forward is to wengers suffering? Thats all i have left.....hatred is all i have left. All i eant is for him to suffer like we have

You need to get out more.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts