WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:There are loads of articles on Mancini's negative tactics and defensive football. Don't forget, Chelsea with Mourinho played great attakhing football at times during his first spell there, they also bludgeoned teams to death by stifling the game too. Mourinho is the king of negative football.

https://www.football-italia.net/76371/mancini-under-rated-coach

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-city-boss-mancini-denies-being-defensive-coach-1574241

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-platt-defends-roberto-mancini-over-manchester-city-form-2134474.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8126849/Manchester-City-manager-Roberto-Mancini-on-the-defensive-over-unambitious-derby-tactics.html

Real Madrid 2011/12 say hi
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm

f**k me, how does 1 or 2 seasons playing attacking football out of the 15 or so he has managed not make him a defensive coach? He was defensive at Porto (Europe, I didn't watch league games) He was defensive at Chelsea (but he played with wingers people say, so what!!), He never went all out attack unless it was against the poorest teams in the league.

Hr was defensive at Inter, he was not allowed to be defensive at Real Madrid. He was defensive on his return to Chelsea and he is defensive at Man U
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:55 pm

He's successful with the way he plays.

He sets his team up to overcome certain games and situations whereas other manager just play the same way no matter what and rely on individual brilliance of a player to not highlight managerial shitness.

He's taken 4 points off Liverpool this season. A team that regularly scores shit load v us. Came to the Emirates and banged in 3 goals. Beaten Tottenham.

That's just this season. He can play defensive. He can play attacking. That's why he is the best manager around atm and hopefully he's sacked and comes home
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Watching Mourinho sides play makes me retch.

Spent how much money yet hoofball to Fellaini is still a go-to gameplan.

Truly embarrassing.

On that note, anyone else find it jokes how much Moyes was slated, yet both Van Gaal and Mourinho have utilized his tactic of using that human toilet brush as the focal point.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Watching Mourinho sides play makes me retch.

Spent how much money yet hoofball to Fellaini is still a go-to gameplan.

Truly embarrassing.

On that note, anyone else find it jokes how much Moyes was slated, yet both Van Gaal and Mourinho have utilized his tactic of using that human toilet brush as the focal point.

LVG and Jose both won trophies and got them in to CL

Moyes finished 7th

Don't really have a problem with them using Fellaini as an option either. If all else fails then why not go to it? Beats doing what we do, we desperately need a goal, we pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass, chance for a shot, pass pass pass pass, lose ball, counter, concede. Rinse and repeat
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:23 pm

I love Mourinho fans.

Try to make every point under the sun intact the most important one that he's miles off Pep and got dumped out the CL in the last 16 :rofll:

But but but they West Ham convincingly
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 am

Cripps you are side stepping the point. Mourinho mostly plays defensive football. Yes he is tactically very good, he has proved it. But his brand of football is, for me, dire.

That is the one thing for all of the criticism of Wenger, he plays attacking football - even though we are shit.

I think Mourinho is now being made to look very basic by Klopp and Guardiola. Mourinho may have beaten Klopp but I doubt the scousers would want to swap Klopp for Mourinho. Its only a matter of time before Klopp puts Liverpool above Man U.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 am

Just a thought .... the teams who have conceded the least goals (so probably playing decent defensive football) have won 90% of EPL titles .... makes you think ....

Add to that the fact that Mourinho teams have outscored Arsene teams in I think all but one season where they've been in the same league, and how can you say Mourinho is only a defensive coach, and Arsene only an attacking one?

The fact is Mourinho sets out not to lose and Arsene sets out to try and win .... that's just different approaches to achieve the same result ...

A truly great manager has a defence/attack balance, Mourinho used to, and many years ago so did Arsene ... these days they're both stealing a living off their achievements in the past ....

Sure they can both still win the odd cup, but sustained EPL or CL? not so much .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CaptGooner » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:35 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:I love Mourinho fans.

Try to make every point under the sun intact the most important one that he's miles off Pep and got dumped out the CL in the last 16 :rofll:

What has Pep done without an endless budget?
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby MFDF » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 am

CaptGooner wrote:

no matter. With an endless bucket he has proven to be miles away from many other managers with 'endless buckets'
MFDF
Liam Brady

Postby CaptGooner » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 pm

MFDF wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:

no matter. With an endless bucket he has proven to be miles away from many other managers with 'endless buckets'

Forgot Bayern and Barca hadn’t won anything before or after Pep.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Just a thought .... the teams who have conceded the least goals (so probably playing decent defensive football) have won 90% of EPL titles .... makes you think ....

Add to that the fact that Mourinho teams have outscored Arsene teams in I think all but one season where they've been in the same league, and how can you say Mourinho is only a defensive coach, and Arsene only an attacking one?

The fact is Mourinho sets out not to lose and Arsene sets out to try and win .... that's just different approaches to achieve the same result ...

A truly great manager has a defence/attack balance, Mourinho used to, and many years ago so did Arsene ... these days they're both stealing a living off their achievements in the past ....

Sure they can both still win the odd cup, but sustained EPL or CL? not so much .....

Easy. Mourinho's teams don't play football pleasing to the eye. They bludgeon teams to death. Doesn't make it attacking football. His teams stifle others amd smother them. Effective football but not often pleasing on the eye.

Remember why Mourinho was let go by Abramovich the first time - he wanted Chelsea to play sexy football, something Mourinho is not capable of.
Last edited by theHotHead on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Every home game at the moment going to the "friends and family service" complete with promotional emails in an effort to fill unsold seats

One Arsene Wenger
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 pm

CaptGooner wrote:

Barca B:
1 Tercera División

Bayern:
3 Bundesligas
2 DFB-Pokals
3 CL semifinals
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:49 am

I get the argument about mangers that manage teams with an endless budget. Its one of the reasons I don't rate Ancelotti that highly. How can you not win the league when you manage Real, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG and AC Milan. The biggest teams with the biggest budgets in their respective leagues!!

That said, its the manner in which Guardiola has been winning and the style of football, absolutely breathtaking. When has Ancelotti's teams blown anyone away with breathtaking football?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts