WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:23 pm

This is why Wenger is so frustrating, I'd love us to win the EL, but if it meant Wenger staying it wouldn't be worth it. So we're reduced to hoping for nothing, but Wenger's reign of ineptitude to end, season after season.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Denis_E » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Welcome to Arsenal lol

I believe in 2014 we were all so starved of any sort of silverware, and still traumatised by the loss in the 2006 CL final, and then later (on a much more trivial stage) the loss to Birmingham in League cup final. The mentality of Arsenal as chokers/bottlers and just all around losers had well and truly started to get cultivated post 2006, quickly undoing the glorious years before that.

By 2014 we all felt this environment (except the most delusional Wengerites amongst us that don't really care for results/performances back then especially)

I remember back in 2014 my problems with Wenger were very mild and in fact I still supported the guy going forward (shocking I know). When we were 2-0 against Hull in the final that year the ghosts of bottle jobs past came back to haunt us. Then we won and it was a big moment, first trophy in almost a decade if I'm not mistaken?

We had Ozil at that point and when we added Sanchez that summer I genuinely thought the tide was turning.

What followed was a shit league campaign but another consecutive Fa Cup win this time against Aston Villa lol. Still a good achievement.

But what followed once more was another disastrous CL and league campaign (starting to see the trend?)

Essentially we were so starved of any success for all those years, that winning the Fa cup (a respectable trophy, but let's face it no other 'top club' would be satisfied with only being able to go for this alone) meant that Wenger and the board were able to sweep away under the rug how visibly shitter and shitter the squad and our football was becoming, and how we were getting further and further away from competing for PL or CL.

Last year was our most pathetic imaginable, falling outside the already pathetic top 4 standard wenger had set for himself lol, but hey another Fa cup and it's his get out of jail free card.

This season, once again disastrous in league, further falling down the pecking order. But again like everyone has mentioned, a chance at a 'respectable' but lowly trophy such as the Europa League and Wenger's time here, although on life support, is till very much alive sadly

To be fair, if they get to the final and outplay Atletico Madrid, I would actually be quite impressed. It wouldn't undo the years of shit we've endured under this stubborn git, it wouldn't make me change my mind overnight about our future with him but it would be interesting

A lot of us salivate for the prospect of having a team as well organised and motivated as Atletico under Simeone, he is the anti thesis of Wenger currently. So I'd love to see how that matchup goes.

If for whatever reason though we end up playing Salzburg, Zenit, and someone like a Kiev randomly in the final and actually win it, boom, Wenger's here for another 3 years guaranteed.

Fans are still just looking for any f***ing reason to give him the benefit of the doubt for the millionth time. So much so that any excuse to overlook the fact that the guy is finished in terms of PL and CL (such as winning Fa cups and EL) will do
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby fredd1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Denis_E wrote:Welcome to Arsenal lol

I believe in 2014 we were all so starved of any sort of silverware, and still traumatised by the loss in the 2006 CL final, and then later (on a much more trivial stage) the loss to Birmingham in League cup final. The mentality of Arsenal as chokers/bottlers and just all around losers had well and truly started to get cultivated post 2006, quickly undoing the glorious years before that.

By 2014 we all felt this environment (except the most delusional Wengerites amongst us that don't really care for results/performances back then especially)

I remember back in 2014 my problems with Wenger were very mild and in fact I still supported the guy going forward (shocking I know). When we were 2-0 against Hull in the final that year the ghosts of bottle jobs past came back to haunt us. Then we won and it was a big moment, first trophy in almost a decade if I'm not mistaken?

We had Ozil at that point and when we added Sanchez that summer I genuinely thought the tide was turning.

What followed was a shit league campaign but another consecutive Fa Cup win this time against Aston Villa lol. Still a good achievement.

But what followed once more was another disastrous CL and league campaign (starting to see the trend?)

Essentially we were so starved of any success for all those years, that winning the Fa cup (a respectable trophy, but let's face it no other 'top club' would be satisfied with only being able to go for this alone) meant that Wenger and the board were able to sweep away under the rug how visibly shitter and shitter the squad and our football was becoming, and how we were getting further and further away from competing for PL or CL.

Last year was our most pathetic imaginable, falling outside the already pathetic top 4 standard wenger had set for himself lol, but hey another Fa cup and it's his get out of jail free card.

This season, once again disastrous in league, further falling down the pecking order. But again like everyone has mentioned, a chance at a 'respectable' but lowly trophy such as the Europa League and Wenger's time here, although on life support, is till very much alive sadly

To be fair, if they get to the final and outplay Atletico Madrid, I would actually be quite impressed. It wouldn't undo the years of shit we've endured under this stubborn git, it wouldn't make me change my mind overnight about our future with him but it would be interesting

A lot of us salivate for the prospect of having a team as well organised and motivated as Atletico under Simeone, he is the anti thesis of Wenger currently. So I'd love to see how that matchup goes.

If for whatever reason though we end up playing Salzburg, Zenit, and someone like a Kiev randomly in the final and actually win it, boom, Wenger's here for another 3 years guaranteed.

Fans are still just looking for any f***ing reason to give him the benefit of the doubt for the millionth time. So much so that any excuse to overlook the fact that the guy is finished in terms of PL and CL (such as
winning Fa cups and EL) will do

Brilliant post :clap:
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:01 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43391018

Talking as a fan, not just a former player, if they were to win the Europa League and get back in the Champions League that way, and if that meant Wenger was there for another two or three years, I would be quite pleased.

Embarrassing from Keown

The only thing I find myself agreeing with Keown on these days are pansy footballers and diving. Everything else he talks utter shit.

I have to agree.

The longer he's been out the game the more BS he's talking, its almost like he doesn't want to talk himself of a possible job opportunity if Arsenal were to come knocking while Wenger is in charge.

I agree more with bloody Neville than I do with Keown and Neville hates us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BerlinGunner90 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Wow look at our great striker Danny. What a guy. Great sportsmanship
BerlinGunner90
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby KG3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:48 am

Marsbar100 wrote:We can beat all of them bar athletico imo

Ach wrote:We can also lose to all of them. Against none of them am I confident that we are sure to go through.

Agree with both statements lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 am

"You know what a guy said? You're loved when you're born, you're loved when you die, in between you have to manage."

:hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:37 pm

BerlinGunner90 wrote:Wow look at our great striker Danny. What a guy. Great sportsmanship

And Wenger is a great beacon for sportsmanship isn't he !

You would find fault with Welbeck no matter what he did/does. Be honest.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:
BerlinGunner90 wrote:Wow look at our great striker Danny. What a guy. Great sportsmanship

And Wenger is a great beacon for sportsmanship isn't he !

You would find fault with Welbeck no matter what he did/does. Be honest.

Personally I don't care who it is, a dive is a dive.

I want it out of the sport otherwise what's the point?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Tubbs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Just go Wenger, go and enjoy retirement spending your millions your passed it and not up to the job anymore please just go so we can move forward as a club because your holding us back and you have been for years now.....
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Byron Gomez » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Why is he so highly rated? No back to back prem title? He’s with Benitez and Mancini, you can’t put him with Fergie and Mourinho. allowing Mourinho to take the piss outta you and beat you every time up until last year is embarrassing.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 am

He WAS highly rated and rightly so. I have always maintained, it is easier to be a destroyer than creative, Mourinho is a defensive minded coach, Wenger is offensive. Mourinho always reverts to stopping other teams from playing and a draw being a good result - against top teams - rather than going for wins against them. It taints Mourinho's achievements, it does not diminish them, however.

With that in mind people argued that Mancini and Benitez were also negative coaches - but they forget what Rafa did at Valencia, he won 2 La Liga titles and has shown throughout that he is tactically on the ball.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm

theHotHead wrote:He WAS highly rated and rightly so. I have always maintained, it is easier to be a destroyer than creative, Mourinho is a defensive minded coach, Wenger is offensive. Mourinho always reverts to stopping other teams from playing and a draw being a good result - against top teams - rather than going for wins against them. It taints Mourinho's achievements, it does not diminish them, however.

With that in mind people argued that Mancini and Benitez were also negative coaches - but they forget what Rafa did at Valencia, he won 2 La Liga titles and has shown throughout that he is tactically on the ball.

Mancini's title-winning City side played breathtaking football.

He was one of the few Italian managers who could turn it on or be conservative as the situation demanded.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:49 am

theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Football is a sport not an art. 1989-95 we won shitloads playing mostly awful football. I didn't care then how we got the results and I still don't care.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts