Jesus vs Richarlison

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Jesus vs Richarlison

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:25 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:Spurs wanted Jesus but we managed to get him despite no CL football.

He wanted to join Arteta's project.

Said nobody ever - Spurs wanted a back-up striker - Jesus wanted a guaranteed starting position. That says volumes about the difference between the two squads striking options right now.

Jesus would have been a bit part player at Spurs just as he was at City, he will start every game for us. That makes him a very good signing for us but don't kid yourself that he choose Arteta's project over Conte ... he just wants to play football.

Jesus wanted £220k per week ............ he couldn't give a stuff about Arteta's "project".

I mean who wants to be involved in "Project failure" anyway?

Until he actually achieves something higher than 5th then that's all he's achieved, nothing.

Going to Arsenal is a big step down from City, he's coming for the top $$$ we bribed him with.

Spurs have given that $$$ to Kane and Son, so Jesus would of got around 50% of what we're offering him in any other team.

REMOVED BY MODERATION TEAM
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:Two 25 year old Brazilian forwards move to North London clubs in the same week. This thread is to monitor which one is the best.

Spurs fans are probably laughing at the fact that we’ve made a thread comparing our first choice CF to their back up.

I know I’d be laughing if they made a Lenglet vs Gabriel thread
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:11 pm

KG3 wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:Two 25 year old Brazilian forwards move to North London clubs in the same week. This thread is to monitor which one is the best.

Spurs fans are probably laughing at the fact that we’ve made a thread comparing our first choice CF to their back up.

I know I’d be laughing if they made a Lenglet vs Gabriel thread

Well the flip of that is, they spent £60m on a backup striker who isn't as good as the £45m first choice striker we bought.

So I don't think their laughter is even valid.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:30 pm

One played at Man City (99) who score over twice as many goals as Everton (43) - simple math says Jesus should have scored more than twice as many as Richarlison in the same number of games to have made the same striking contribution. The reality:

KDB 15 - Sterling 13 - Mahrez 11 - Foden 9 ---- Jesus 8

Richarlison 10 ------ DCL 5 - Gray 5 - Gordon 4 - Keane 3

Context matters when looking at statistics.

Jesus is a good signing IF he can step up, let's see how that plays out.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:55 am

Mate, thats hardly a fair comparison. Richarlison played 2528 mins compared to Jesus' 1878. Not to mention Richarlison started 28 of his 30 games, Jesus started 21 of his 28 appearances.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:08 am

theHotHead wrote:Mate, thats hardly a fair comparison. Richarlison played 2528 mins compared to Jesus' 1878. Not to mention Richarlison started 28 of his 30 games, Jesus started 21 of his 28 appearances.

Yup that's valid context as well - but equally you could say Jesus scored 4 of his 8 EPL goals against an already relegated Watford - we need to see how it plays out - I have high hopes he will drag us upward, but there is no denying it will be a challenge for him, we are not Man City.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:04 am

From what I saw yesterday, a forward line of Son, Kane & Richarlison spells trouble for us.

.........where as we haven't improved our attack, we basically swapped Auba and Laca for Jesus.

Unless Jesus is on fire all season then there is no improvement like for like.

We needed to "add" to our attack, not just replace ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:10 am

1 injury away from ending the entire seasons chances.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:20 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Mate, thats hardly a fair comparison. Richarlison played 2528 mins compared to Jesus' 1878. Not to mention Richarlison started 28 of his 30 games, Jesus started 21 of his 28 appearances.

Yup that's valid context as well - but equally you could say Jesus scored 4 of his 8 EPL goals against an already relegated Watford - we need to see how it plays out - I have high hopes he will drag us upward, but there is no denying it will be a challenge for him, we are not Man City.

Watford were not yet relegated when Jesus scored his 4 goals against them
However they were when Richarlison failed to score any against them for Everton in a 0-0 draw
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:59 pm

starmandb wrote:Watford were not yet relegated when Jesus scored his 4 goals against them
However they were when Richarlison failed to score any against them for Everton in a 0-0 draw

Not sure what you are saying? That Richarlison got his goals against better teams? not sure that means anything ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:50 pm

Both very diffetrnt players for me with similar level of effectivess.

Spurs have improved their team while we are simply getting back to a similar level to before we got rid of Auba.

Richarlison is the perfect backup versatile attacker who preserves the quality of that front 3 if you take any of Kane, Son or Kulu.

We still need another striking option and midfielder. Right now Spurs window has comfortably been better than ours.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:02 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
starmandb wrote:Watford were not yet relegated when Jesus scored his 4 goals against them

Not sure what you are saying? That Richarlison got his goals against better teams? not sure that means anything ...

What I am saying is if it’s that easy to score 4 against Watford why had nobody done it since Salah 4 years ago
But really just the usual
Supporting an arsenal player being an arsenal fan and that
And not bigging up someone else’s player
starmandb

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:07 pm

I think it’s pretty clear the 4 goals was just an anomaly.

He scored just 4 goals in the other 20 full and 7 substitute games he played in.

Moreover he was playing in the most creative team in the league.

Playing for the most creative vs relegation candidates will clear impact how many goals you score.

Richarlson is actually ahead of Jesus in the Brazil team. Different players anyway, but Richarlson is unquestionably more of a match winner type of player who when he’s on song is very difficult to handle.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:53 pm

Santi wrote:Jesus for 45m or Richarlison for 60m it’s a no contest.

Spurs wasted half their CL money on the difference :lol:

lewa cost less than richarlison :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:42 pm

Jesus > Richarlison

Look at what Jesus has done in his short Arsenal career so far compared to Richarlison

3 goals and 1 assist

And he's cheaper

We've got one of the best strikers in Europe and prolific strikers in the league at our club and it's wonderful :arse flag.gif:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk