Jesus vs Richarlison

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Jesus vs Richarlison

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:50 pm

8 goals in 28 league games is prolific?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:58 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Santi wrote:Jesus for 45m or Richarlison for 60m it’s a no contest.

Spurs wasted half their CL money on the difference :lol:

lewa cost less than richarlison :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Lewandowski is 34 that’s why.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:59 pm

A goal every 152 minutes when he starts definitely is.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:02 pm

Reiss wrote:Jesus > Richarlison

Look at what Jesus has done in his short Arsenal career so far compared to Richarlison

3 goals and 1 assist

And he's cheaper

We've got one of the best strikers in Europe and prolific strikers in the league at our club and it's wonderful :arse flag.gif:

You don’t help yourself, telling everyone he’s one of the best strikers in Europe, everyone knows he’s not (otherwise City would have never sold him) and hailing him for scoring a few goals in some pre-season friendlies just used to increase fitness.

They’re called friendlies for a reason.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:07 pm

Ach wrote:8 goals in 28 league games is prolific?

Quite but also 4 were in one game, so in 20 games + 7 sun appearances he scored 4 goals.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:01 pm

ManCity has sold Jesus because they want to play a different style now. More direct. So why they've sold Sterling too. Not that either of them were bad.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:22 pm

Also, if he were soo bad how did he score 95 in 236? Fell from the sky or the opponents did him some favours?
He wasn't even the focal point then and also had to come in as subs in many. Played second fiddle to Aguero too.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:27 pm

Salibatelli wrote:

Look at what Jesus has done in his short Arsenal career so far compared to Richarlison

3 goals and 1 assist

And he's cheaper

We've got one of the best strikers in Europe and prolific strikers in the league at our club and it's wonderful :arse flag.gif:

You don’t help yourself, telling everyone he’s one of the best strikers in Europe, everyone knows he’s not (otherwise City would have never sold him) and hailing him for scoring a few goals in some pre-season friendlies just used to increase fitness.

Well he's literally one of the most prolific strikers in PL history so what I'm saying is accurate :dontknow:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:29 pm

No one said he was bad, some people argued he wasn’t what we needed, but Jesus clearly isn’t one of the best strikers in the world, if he was they wouldn’t have sold him.

He isn’t even number 1 striker for Brazil.

City create a lot of chances, they’re the most creative team in the league, even their midfielders get good numbers. If you play at Man City you will score goals.

He played second fiddle to Aguero because Aguero was better, same reason Man City got Haaland, because he better.

All of last season people were saying Man City lacked a striker, if Jesus fulfilled that role and scored enough goals no one would have been saying that.

They also knew this as they tried to sign Kane last season.

Both Sterling and Jesus were in Guardiola eyes backups, not to say he didn’t think they were decent, just that he thought he could find better as regulars.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:33 pm

Reiss wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

3 goals and 1 assist

And he's cheaper

Well he's literally one of the most prolific strikers in PL history so what I'm saying is accurate :dontknow:

I think we’ve been there already and established he clearly isn’t unless you use some weird stats which includes assists, so let’s leave that there.

On goals per game alone he just not a match for the best.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:44 pm

No he scores a goal every 152 minutes when starting, which even impressed you:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29871&p=2053446&hilit=152#p2053446

Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:50 pm

Reiss wrote:No he scores a goal every 152 minutes when starting, which even impressed you:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29871&p=2053446&hilit=152#p2053446

I said those stats look better, however that’s a goal every 2 1/2 games or so which isn’t bad, but the point was he’s not one of the most prolific players in PL history goalscoring wise.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Reiss wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

3 goals and 1 assist

And he's cheaper

8 goals in 28 league games is prolific?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:56 pm

Don't start this rubbish again ffs.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Clarkey T » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:40 pm

1 - It's easy to be a standout player in a bang average / mid table side... like Everton and Watford simply because there is not much pressure on you.

2 - Richarlison dives a lot.

3 - Richarlison spends his time tweeting stuff to wind up Liverpool fans.

4 - Richarlison threw a flare into the supporters of his own team.

I think Richarlison probably thinks he's as good as Cristiano Ronaldo, however I don't think he has the personality traits to want to be the best, for me he's exactly the type who will be pictures smoking or doing helium etc.

Gabriel has chipped in with goals and assists in a team that was packed with fantastic players, the pressure to deliver when everyone around you is just as capable of scoring goals is much more intense, at Arsenal he will get more starts, he'll stay on the pitch longer and I believe he'll be a focal point for our attacks, I think think he'll thrive in a team where he's assured of his place and has less pressure on his shoulders to deliver.

I fully expect him to shine and before he's 30 Real Madrid or Barcelona will buy him from us for a bigger fee as I think behind the scenes we are still the same as years ago when we became more of a selling club.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk