Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:05 am

All those acting like it's nothing:

We are the American version of Chelsea but without the massive investment for us to win things.

What kind of bullshit deal is that.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 am

Zedie wrote:All those acting like it's nothing:

We are the American version of Chelsea but without the massive investment for us to win things.

What kind of bullshit deal is that.

Just wave your scarf and everything will be ok?

We'll literally have all the down sides of sole ownership, with none of the benefits (sugar daddy investment).
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 am

Sneaky Stan the fans friend is gonna change the club, one way or another.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Foreverred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:59 am

Someone earlier said the hope is someone else will come in offer shed loads of money to buy him out but wouldn’t that mean that person would own the club outright unless the said person was going to sell off shares or am I being thick probably the latter
Aka redordead
Foreverred
Liam Brady

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 am

weaponx57 wrote:
LMAO wrote:So many Chicken Littles acting like Arsenal will become Newcastle 2.0 jfc

weaponx57 wrote:Yes but that's because their owners actually pumped in their own money into buying players....I doubt Kroenke that f***ing American dick bag will do even half as much as Roman.

That idiot is still under the belief that American Sports are better than Football even though we have a bigger fanbase and following all over the world than all of his American teams combined. It is that mentality that will have him not invest money in buying world class players and also the fact that profits come first before glory....we need to be prepared for the fact that under Kroenke....we will never ever ever see a PL or CL title and will forever be trying to make top four for the sake of money and playing in Europa League forever.

Define "better". Arsenal having more fans means diddly-squat here because from a financial perspective, the LA Rams are worth $670m more than Arsenal.

He is a white republican American cracker who supports a person like Trump whole heartedly, thinks poaching and killing animals should be a TV show and that football is a sport for women...he sees this as a cash cow only nothing more nothing less. That is who he is and that is how he will treat Arsenal.

I don't see where his race or any of the rest of it is relevant.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 am

Don’t know why some people think he’s going to make a big signing to get the fans on side. Since when as he cared what fans think of him?

Our business is done for this window. Only outgoings now. Probably just Perez too.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:39 am

His minimum short term aim will be a return to the Champions League. His medium to long term aim will be more.

Kroenke is not an idiot. He knows that success on the pitch increases revenue and provides scope for continuing improvement - thus increasing the value of his stock. What purpose would there be in his running the club into the ground?

Have no doubt about it - Wenger was sacked BY KROENKE for not providing success on the football pitch - and that is what is most important to all of us.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 am

I also feel for the fans who will lose ownership of their shares. That's really unfair in my opinion.

But if anyone thinks that that tiny number of shares has any influence on the running of the club, I'd refer you to last year's AGM, when overwhelming opposition in the room counted for nothing. In terms of keeping Kroenke in check in any way, they are useless.

But in terms of real fans owning a bit of their club - it's sad that that will end. Many of those shares have been in families for generations.

It's a different world now, and we have to get on with it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:34 am

I don't have a bad vocabulary but sometimes I struggle to find the words. This is one of those times. Don't mistake my lack of input in this tipic for lack of interest.

This is indeed a very, very worrying development. It leaves the entire club at the whim of a man, in whom there is no reason to have any trust and every reason to distrust.

There is also nothing we can do about it. As those who point to the "it could be worse" argument are keen to point out, this is not Newcastle, not Coventry, not Leyton Orient. No, its actually worse. Because we are Arsenal the stakes are literally higher. £1.8 Billion by most estimates. There are only so many people in the world who have the resources and inclination to buy Kroenke out

That is why joint ownership is always better. It means that if someone wants to sell up there are more candidates, including fan groups, who can buy them out.

Usmanov has screwed us over by selling his shares to Kroenke. He is equally to blame.

The club now faces what could become a generational struggle with Josh ready to take over

I have little confidence it will work out well
Last edited by UFGN on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby weaponx57 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 am

LMAO wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:
LMAO wrote:So many Chicken Littles acting like Arsenal will become Newcastle 2.0 jfc

weaponx57 wrote:Yes but that's because their owners actually pumped in their own money into buying players....I doubt Kroenke that f***ing American dick bag will do even half as much as Roman.

That idiot is still under the belief that American Sports are better than Football even though we have a bigger fanbase and following all over the world than all of his American teams combined. It is that mentality that will have him not invest money in buying world class players and also the fact that profits come first before glory....we need to be prepared for the fact that under Kroenke....we will never ever ever see a PL or CL title and will forever be trying to make top four for the sake of money and playing in Europa League forever.

Define "better". Arsenal having more fans means diddly-squat here because from a financial perspective, the LA Rams are worth $670m more than Arsenal.

He is a white republican American cracker who supports a person like Trump whole heartedly, thinks poaching and killing animals should be a TV show and that football is a sport for women...he sees this as a cash cow only nothing more nothing less. That is who he is and that is how he will treat Arsenal.

Oh, no, I agree that Kroenke is a grade-A c***. I was just stating that from a financial perspective, the LA Rams are his flagship team with Arsenal as second fiddle.

If that’s the case I bet you he’s gonna use Arsenal money to fund the Rams, including their stadium and what have you. He will run Arsenal to the ground if it means that the Rams do well.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:45 am

UFGN wrote:I don't have a bad vocabulary but sometimes I struggle to find the words. This is one of those times. Don't mistake my lack of input in this tipic for lack of interest.

This is indeed a very, very worrying development. It leaves the entire club at the whim of a man, in whom there is no reason to have any trust and every reason to distrust.

There is also nothing we can do about it. As those who point to the "it could be worse" argument are keen to point out, this is not Newcastle, not Coventry, not Leyton Orient. No, its actually worse. Because we are Arsenal the stakes are literally higher. £1.8 Billion by most estimates. There are only so many people in the world who have the resources and inclination to buy Kroenke out

That is why joint ownership is always better. It means that if someone wants to sell up there are more candidates, including fan groups, who can buy them out.

Usmanov has screwed us over by selling his shares to Kroenke. He is equally to blame.

The club now faces what could become a generational struggle with Josh ready to take over

Tbh I can't put any blame on Usmanov.

Apparently he doesn't receive any dividends for his investment, cannot sit on the board, has no say in how the club is run and has had his money tied up in this club under those conditions for years.
He tried to dislodge Kroenke but unfortunately for us the AFC shareholders kept selling their stakes to Stan increasing his stake.
Usmanov tried to buy out his bigger shares but Stan wouldn't budge ......... I'm not sure what else Usmanov could of done?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't have a bad vocabulary but sometimes I struggle to find the words. This is one of those times. Don't mistake my lack of input in this tipic for lack of interest.

Tbh I can't put any blame on Usmanov.

Apparently he doesn't receive any dividends for his investment, cannot sit on the board, has no say in how the club is run and has had his money tied up in this club under those conditions for years.
He tried to dislodge Kroenke but unfortunately for us the AFC shareholders kept selling their stakes to Stan increasing his stake.
Usmanov tried to buy out his bigger shares but Stan wouldn't budge ......... I'm not sure what else Usmanov could of done?

Sell to someone else. Give the AST forewarning that hes definately going to sell and give them time to organise a consortium

If after that they've not managed to stump up then offer the shares to other businessmen

Or offer the shares publicly (not sure of the legality of that)

Selling to Kronk was a poor third or fourth choice
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 am

1. Wenger fired
2. Gazidis quits
3. Kroenke takes the club private

These are all connected events.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 am

No one else would have bought Usmanovs shares though as they would have been in the same position. Kroenke would have never let the buyer on the board. Who would spend £550m for what essentially, amounted to no more than a nice soft seat for every game.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk