Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't have a bad vocabulary but sometimes I struggle to find the words. This is one of those times. Don't mistake my lack of input in this tipic for lack of interest.

This is indeed a very, very worrying development. It leaves the entire club at the whim of a man, in whom there is no reason to have any trust and every reason to distrust.

There is also nothing we can do about it. As those who point to the "it could be worse" argument are keen to point out, this is not Newcastle, not Coventry, not Leyton Orient. No, its actually worse. Because we are Arsenal the stakes are literally higher. £1.8 Billion by most estimates. There are only so many people in the world who have the resources and inclination to buy Kroenke out

That is why joint ownership is always better. It means that if someone wants to sell up there are more candidates, including fan groups, who can buy them out.

Usmanov has screwed us over by selling his shares to Kroenke. He is equally to blame.

The club now faces what could become a generational struggle with Josh ready to take over

I have little confidence it will work out well

Tbh I can't put any blame on Usmanov.

Apparently he doesn't receive any dividends for his investment, cannot sit on the board, has no say in how the club is run and has had his money tied up in this club under those conditions for years.
He tried to dislodge Kroenke but unfortunately for us the AFC shareholders kept selling their stakes to Stan increasing his stake.
Usmanov tried to buy out his bigger shares but Stan wouldn't budge ......... I'm not sure what else Usmanov could of done?

Sell to someone else. Give the AST forewarning that hes definately going to sell and give them time to organise a consortium

If after that they've not managed to stump up then offer the shares to other businessmen

Or offer the shares publicly (not sure of the legality of that)

Selling to Kronk was a poor third or fourth choice

Would another Billionaire even buy the shares?

I think I posted an article earlier in this thread about that guy in Africa that says he plans to take us over by 2020 or something like that. He's supposed to be the richest man in Africa. Not sure how that works with this news though, or if it even can.

Here it is.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/stor ... ale-report
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:It could be that Kroenke has wanted to do things to improve us (and so increase the value of his stock), but was holding back BECAUSE of the Usmanov factor.

Have you seen his other sports franchises ........ and he actually loves American football, if he puts his money in anything it will be the LA Rams.

That money now includes AFC's money ......... which is now his.

There's nothing to suggest he'd do that. Are you aware of him having done it before?

From what I hear he buys sports clubs and for the most part lets people run them for him. He's done that with us.

In any case, we're his flagship sports investment. None of the others have anything near the history, prestige and moneymaking ability that we do. If anything he'll look at us as the best prospect for further growth.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:It could be that Kroenke has wanted to do things to improve us (and so increase the value of his stock), but was holding back BECAUSE of the Usmanov factor.

Have you seen his other sports franchises ........ and he actually loves American football, if he puts his money in anything it will be the LA Rams.

That money now includes AFC's money ......... which is now his.

There's nothing to suggest he'd do that. Are you aware of him having done it before?

From what I hear he buys sports clubs and for the most part lets people run them for him. He's done that with us.

In any case, we're his flagship sports investment. None of the others have anything near the history, prestige and moneymaking ability that we do. If anything he'll look at us as the best prospect for further growth.

No Arsenal is not. The Rams are his flagship. They're worth the most (and if they win a Super Bowl, leading to most of SoCal getting behind them, that gap will only grow) and play in the wealthiest league in the world. The NFL's revenue dwarves the PL's. It's like comparing Bezo's wealth to Kroenke's; sure they're both billionaires, but one is astronomically more so.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:33 pm

StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't have a bad vocabulary but sometimes I struggle to find the words. This is one of those times. Don't mistake my lack of input in this tipic for lack of interest.

This is indeed a very, very worrying development. It leaves the entire club at the whim of a man, in whom there is no reason to have any trust and every reason to distrust.

There is also nothing we can do about it. As those who point to the "it could be worse" argument are keen to point out, this is not Newcastle, not Coventry, not Leyton Orient. No, its actually worse. Because we are Arsenal the stakes are literally higher. £1.8 Billion by most estimates. There are only so many people in the world who have the resources and inclination to buy Kroenke out

That is why joint ownership is always better. It means that if someone wants to sell up there are more candidates, including fan groups, who can buy them out.

Usmanov has screwed us over by selling his shares to Kroenke. He is equally to blame.

The club now faces what could become a generational struggle with Josh ready to take over

Apparently he doesn't receive any dividends for his investment, cannot sit on the board, has no say in how the club is run and has had his money tied up in this club under those conditions for years.
He tried to dislodge Kroenke but unfortunately for us the AFC shareholders kept selling their stakes to Stan increasing his stake.
Usmanov tried to buy out his bigger shares but Stan wouldn't budge ......... I'm not sure what else Usmanov could of done?

Sell to someone else. Give the AST forewarning that hes definately going to sell and give them time to organise a consortium

If after that they've not managed to stump up then offer the shares to other businessmen

I think I posted an article earlier in this thread about that guy in Africa that says he plans to take us over by 2020 or something like that. He's supposed to be the richest man in Africa. Not sure how that works with this news though, or if it even can.

Here it is.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/stor ... ale-report

Usmanov must of been aware of this so maybe the African guy isn't willing to out bid Kroenke? Stan has the most to gain so I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the case.

The African may or may not have more money than Stan and on top of that he'll get nothing for his investment ala Usmanov.

Regardless this is dead now, Kroenke has won, I'm just going to forget about it otherwise its going to ruin my enjoyment of the new season.

This is above our pay grade as fans, Utd had to deal with it as did Chelsea and City, the only difference is we can expect to carry on with no extra investment.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby weaponx57 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:49 pm

While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

I've spent 15 years of my life in Nigeria so I know his story and how he made his money....makes Kroenke looks like a f***ing saint....lets just say many many lives were destroyed and rampant corruption gives him a monopoly in the industries he's involved in and if you want to compete....lets just say you'd either end up dead or pushed out by police/corrupt politicians.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:02 pm

weaponx57 wrote:While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

I've spent 15 years of my life in Nigeria so I know his story and how he made his money....makes Kroenke looks like a f***ing saint....lets just say many many lives were destroyed and rampant corruption gives him a monopoly in the industries he's involved in and if you want to compete....lets just say you'd either end up dead or pushed out by police/corrupt politicians.

Well that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the insight.

What is it about Arsenal that attracts rich thugs?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Show me a super rich man who hasn't f***ked over loads of people on the way to their wealth, and I'll show you a unicorn riding a flying pig.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I wouldn't, you get absolutely no financial gain, no dividends, no nothing, you get absolutely zero for your investment, all that money tied up when it could be making you money elsewhere ........... hence why he's selling.

As for offering it out to shares, Usmanov is getting £500m from Stan, would you risk p*ssing around with selling shares as singular stocks over a lump sum, cut and run?

Again lets remember Usmanov is a business man, he is not AFC through and through so he owes us nothing, as I said, he's gone above and beyond what we can expect from a non fan in trying to wait and get Kroenke out, Kroenke (with the help of our pathetic old board) won, Usmanov is probably sick of the sight of the place and just wants to get out.

Honestly I'm starting to see how he feels.

The point I was making is that he had other options but simply went for the easiest, knowing full well the consequences. So f**k him. I don't feel sorry for him or empathise with him, he's screwed us over. Money grabbing c***
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Aren't they all?

What we wanted though was a money grabbing c**t who would invest, but we got Stan.

Anyway I'm not going to let it cloud my season, Utd amongst others have had to put up with it, we're just late to the party and Kroenke was practically the defacto owner anyway because he controlled the board, he may as well own us lock stock and barrel.

Its not great, but whether its the Glaziers, Abramovich or a Saudi Sheik, its happening.

Just better to focus on the football .......... at least he hasn't got Wenger to hide behind backed by his Wengerite minions which supported the Wenger / Kroenke structure all these years in the first place.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Imagine if a couple of days after this announcement we sign dembele for 100m!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Doesn't the window close tomorrow though?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:40 am

Luzh 22 wrote:Show me a super rich man who hasn't f***ked over loads of people on the way to their wealth, and I'll show you a unicorn riding a flying pig.

Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:36 am

Philanthropy doesn't exclude Warren Buffet from "f***ked over loads of people on the way to their wealth". His past is far from angelic.

This is neither here or there though, so whatever.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am

StLGooner wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

Well that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the insight.

What is it about Arsenal that attracts rich thugs?

Our former fan mr bin laden? Either that, or they want to try and buy class.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:29 am

By the way, where is Arsenal's local MP in all of this? He should be raising the spectre of what the government is doing to stop foreigners buying up our companies and then moving the registration of them overseas?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk