Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby PairyGrows » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:24 am

Arsenal are the biggest small club in world football. We have incredible resources but we're acting like we're Wigan.

Why is that?
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:46 am

PairyGrows wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I couldn't care less who owns us or what goes on in the boardroom providing we do the business on the pitch!

This viewpoint, I'm sorry, is nonsense to me. What goes on off the pitch lays out the necessary conditions for what happens on it. If we have an owner who is primarily interested in financial success and secondarily (if at all) interested in footballing success, we should expect the former and not the latter.

Let's stop pretending as though the ownership of the club doesn't matter. Let's not be that naive.

Exactly and to be honest I have been proud of the way Arsenal have been run, the class we show generally and our self sustaining model. So its not a new thing
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 am

StLGooner wrote:UFGN is next then

:rofll: :rofll:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 am

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I couldn't care less who owns us or what goes on in the boardroom providing we do the business on the pitch!

Exactly.

When did football fans start caring about that shit?

Probably when we realised the two are directly related.

Or do you think City started winning the league because they worked from the ground up?

There have always been clubs in the league with more money than us at various times throughout the club’s history.

What fans did then was cheer the team on, look forward to the next game, and talk about the football. That’s exactly what I intend to do.

If you want to play with your calculator you carry on.

The difference then was it didn't cost a million pounds to follow your team like it does now, so fans have far more invested in the club.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:57 am

Arsene Nose wrote:1. Wenger fired
2. Gazidis quits
3. Kroenke takes the club private

These are all connected events.

Why do you think they are connected?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:
2. Gazidis quits

Cause I don’t believe in coincidences. The game is afoot.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
2. Gazidis quits

Cause I don’t believe in coincidences. The game is afoot.

Which game?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:23 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't have a bad vocabulary but sometimes I struggle to find the words. This is one of those times. Don't mistake my lack of input in this tipic for lack of interest.

This is indeed a very, very worrying development. It leaves the entire club at the whim of a man, in whom there is no reason to have any trust and every reason to distrust.

There is also nothing we can do about it. As those who point to the "it could be worse" argument are keen to point out, this is not Newcastle, not Coventry, not Leyton Orient. No, its actually worse. Because we are Arsenal the stakes are literally higher. £1.8 Billion by most estimates. There are only so many people in the world who have the resources and inclination to buy Kroenke out

That is why joint ownership is always better. It means that if someone wants to sell up there are more candidates, including fan groups, who can buy them out.

Usmanov has screwed us over by selling his shares to Kroenke. He is equally to blame.

The club now faces what could become a generational struggle with Josh ready to take over

I have little confidence it will work out well

Tbh I can't put any blame on Usmanov.

Apparently he doesn't receive any dividends for his investment, cannot sit on the board, has no say in how the club is run and has had his money tied up in this club under those conditions for years.
He tried to dislodge Kroenke but unfortunately for us the AFC shareholders kept selling their stakes to Stan increasing his stake.
Usmanov tried to buy out his bigger shares but Stan wouldn't budge ......... I'm not sure what else Usmanov could of done?

Sell to someone else. Give the AST forewarning that hes definately going to sell and give them time to organise a consortium

If after that they've not managed to stump up then offer the shares to other businessmen

Or offer the shares publicly (not sure of the legality of that)

Selling to Kronk was a poor third or fourth choice

Would another Billionaire even buy the shares?

I wouldn't, you get absolutely no financial gain, no dividends, no nothing, you get absolutely zero for your investment, all that money tied up when it could be making you money elsewhere ........... hence why he's selling.

As for offering it out to shares, Usmanov is getting £500m from Stan, would you risk p*ssing around with selling shares as singular stocks over a lump sum, cut and run?

Again lets remember Usmanov is a business man, he is not AFC through and through so he owes us nothing, as I said, he's gone above and beyond what we can expect from a non fan in trying to wait and get Kroenke out, Kroenke (with the help of our pathetic old board) won, Usmanov is probably sick of the sight of the place and just wants to get out.

Honestly I'm starting to see how he feels.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Maybe he wanted to buy out Usmanov, and then distribute the shares gradually, like a public company.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:41 pm

It could be that Kroenke has wanted to do things to improve us (and so increase the value of his stock), but was holding back BECAUSE of the Usmanov factor.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:10 pm

LOL people are so naïve. Kroenke and the board refused sponsorship offers from Gazpom and Usmanov's mobile phone company, which were huge offers, above and beyond anything we've ever had, which would have increased the value of the stock exponentially.

Those offers were refused.

Kroenke wants sole control of the club, so that he can meddle with the finances without any checks or balances. Why does he want no checks or balances? Because he wants to do good things? Then why go to lengths he has to make sure there are no checks or balances?

The answer can only be something of a nefarious nature.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Sad news but doubt it will affect how the club is run much. Kroenke hasn't invested up until now, and he won't in the future. We'll just spend what we make.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Callum wrote:Sad news but doubt it will affect how the club is run much. Kroenke hasn't invested up until now, and he won't in the future. We'll just spend what we make.

Unless that money is taken out of the club...
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Phil71 wrote:It could be that Kroenke has wanted to do things to improve us (and so increase the value of his stock), but was holding back BECAUSE of the Usmanov factor.

Have you seen his other sports franchises ........ and he actually loves American football, if he puts his money in anything it will be the LA Rams.

That money now includes AFC's money ......... which is now his.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Callum wrote:Sad news but doubt it will affect how the club is run much. Kroenke hasn't invested up until now, and he won't in the future. We'll just spend what we make.

Unless that money is taken out of the club...

That's my biggest concern.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk