2022 Summer Transfer Window

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:01 pm

January is done with for 2022.
What are going to need in the summer?
How much will we spend?

Need
1x £70m striker
1x £40m striker
1x £60m CM (box to box)
1x £35m CDM
1x £15m RB
Total = £240m
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu


Image
User avatar
Hypergooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:14 pm

Hypergooner wrote:January is done with for 2022.
What are going to need in the summer?
How much will we spend?

Need
1x £70m striker
1x £40m striker
1x £60m CM (box to box)
1x £35m CDM
1x £15m RB
Total = £240m


I reckon

1 x £30m striker
1 x £30m DM
1 x £10m back up RB

Saliba & Balogun in the first team squad.

Total = £70m

That's it.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:27 pm

No one
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29423
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:34 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:January is done with for 2022.
What are going to need in the summer?
How much will we spend?

Need
1x £70m striker
1x £40m striker
1x £60m CM (box to box)
1x £35m CDM
1x £15m RB
Total = £240m


I reckon

1 x £30m striker
1 x £30m DM
1 x £10m back up RB

Saliba & Balogun in the first team squad.

Total = £70m

That's it.


So we'd only have one average striker and Balogun upfront all season?
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu


Image
User avatar
Hypergooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:40 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:January is done with for 2022.
What are going to need in the summer?
How much will we spend?

Need
1x £70m striker
1x £40m striker
1x £60m CM (box to box)
1x £35m CDM
1x £15m RB
Total = £240m


I reckon

1 x £30m striker
1 x £30m DM
1 x £10m back up RB

Saliba & Balogun in the first team squad.

Total = £70m

That's it.


So we'd only have one average striker and Balogun upfront all season?


Why average?
How much did Salah cost? £34m?
I am skeptical of strikers with a lot of hype around them. Lukaku was £95m and has scored 5 PL goals this season.
The best scouts and directors of football FIND the next £100m striker, they don't pay that.

Dortmund bought Haaland for £18m 2 years ago and he scored 40 in hist first 46 matches (first season and a half)
He's carried on this year and now has 56 league goals in his first 60 games.

Patrick Schick was bought last season by Leverkusen for £24m
He's scored 27 in his first 46 games.

We were linked with Osimhen - only 2 years ago Lille bought him for £23m

I could go on.

As for Balogun, he needs to develop of course, but he can.
As a front line, with Balogun coming back + 1 we would have many many options.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Reiss » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

If I see Xhaka in the starting line up next season I'll jump off a building.
Reiss
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:January is done with for 2022.
What are going to need in the summer?
How much will we spend?

Need
1x £70m striker
1x £40m striker
1x £60m CM (box to box)
1x £35m CDM
1x £15m RB
Total = £240m


I reckon

1 x £30m striker
1 x £30m DM
1 x £10m back up RB

Saliba & Balogun in the first team squad.

Total = £70m

That's it.


So we'd only have one average striker and Balogun upfront all season?


Why average?
How much did Salah cost? £34m?
I am skeptical of strikers with a lot of hype around them. Lukaku was £95m and has scored 5 PL goals this season.
The best scouts and directors of football FIND the next £100m striker, they don't pay that.

Dortmund bought Haaland for £18m 2 years ago and he scored 40 in hist first 46 matches (first season and a half)
He's carried on this year and now has 56 league goals in his first 60 games.

Patrick Schick was bought last season by Leverkusen for £24m
He's scored 27 in his first 46 games.

We were linked with Osimhen - only 2 years ago Lille bought him for £23m

I could go on.

As for Balogun, he needs to develop of course, but he can.
As a front line, with Balogun coming back + 1 we would have many many options.


I agree that money doesn't always mean you get a perfect striker. It's more about systems and player type that makes them shine. Can't help but think there is very little about of what we need though. Clubs know we are desperate in the summer, so anyone with what we need will be playing hard ball.
We need more than 2x strikers to play out a full season though. We would need 2x experienced or proven pros, with Balogun as 3rd choice I think.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu


Image
User avatar
Hypergooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:January is done with for 2022.
What are going to need in the summer?
How much will we spend?

Need
1x £70m striker
1x £40m striker
1x £60m CM (box to box)
1x £35m CDM
1x £15m RB
Total = £240m


I reckon

1 x £30m striker
1 x £30m DM
1 x £10m back up RB

Saliba & Balogun in the first team squad.

Total = £70m

That's it.


So we'd only have one average striker and Balogun upfront all season?


Why average?
How much did Salah cost? £34m?
I am skeptical of strikers with a lot of hype around them. Lukaku was £95m and has scored 5 PL goals this season.
The best scouts and directors of football FIND the next £100m striker, they don't pay that.

Dortmund bought Haaland for £18m 2 years ago and he scored 40 in hist first 46 matches (first season and a half)
He's carried on this year and now has 56 league goals in his first 60 games.

Patrick Schick was bought last season by Leverkusen for £24m
He's scored 27 in his first 46 games.

We were linked with Osimhen - only 2 years ago Lille bought him for £23m

I could go on.

As for Balogun, he needs to develop of course, but he can.
As a front line, with Balogun coming back + 1 we would have many many options.


I agree that money doesn't always mean you get a perfect striker. It's more about systems and player type that makes them shine. Can't help but think there is very little about of what we need though. Clubs know we are desperate in the summer, so anyone with what we need will be playing hard ball.
We need more than 2x strikers to play out a full season though. We would need 2x experienced or proven pros, with Balogun as 3rd choice I think.

I felt the same in terms of not really feeling there was a player that fit. Vlahovic, Isak etc… don’t think they are good enough. I liked Schick but he wasn’t available… but overall I don’t see many strikers who already have a ‘name’ that really fit.
We need our scouts to do a great job.
There are strikers out there better or as good as the big names that we just haven’t heard of yet,
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 pm

It's an amazing situation that we find ourselves in.
Artetaball really doesn't lend itself to a 25 goal per season striker. His tactics rely more on wingers and CAM for goals. Maybe we would be better just getting in a strong link up player and not expect loads of gaols from them.
Ivan Toney is still on my wish list. The way he plays looks to suit Arteta perfectly to me. Would like to see that lanky Italian bloke (Scamacca) to come in with him though, just to mix the options up.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu


Image
User avatar
Hypergooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 pm

Can't believe you lot are talking about the next window after what we've just witnessed.

One thing to take into account though ...........

Its all fair and well having all this money but we have a manager our players who have left are bad mouthing to other players, Ozil, Auba, Nketiah, Saliba, Guendouzi, AMN and co are all likely slagging off Arteta and players talk, it gets around.

Then there's us finishing outside the top 4, five to six seasons in a row, no CL, lucky if we make the Europa.

Who's going to want to come here that is quality? who's going to want to be the striker of this team?
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29366
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:13 pm

All discontented players in a squad talk ill of the club, manager, coaches, owners and sundry. Human nature.
Every club has this problem forever. Not everyone will get a fair run out and not everyone's ambitions will be satisfied so frustrations will burst out. People like Gallas, Adebayor, Song, Nasri, even RVP all will talk...but life goes on.
Massively paid people like Ozil, Auba ( both on 18 million/yr) and Willian( 12.5 mil/ yr) need to show some vim and vigour and not be carried around the field by the rest and that too for a long while.
So if they get forced out and feel aggrieved, too bad for them; let their tongues wag , most people will also laugh behind their backs.
There will always be serious players ( proper professionals) who'll be attracted to Arsenal because we are a well paying employer and we also give a fair opportunity compared to many other big clubs around us.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:20 pm

Not gonna say we need a £X value player cos it means f**k all, Vlahovic for 70m could be no better than Cabral for 15m for all we know. Leave that to the scouts and management to decide, they picked pretty good players last summer so give them the benefit of the doubt.

Need:
1 starting CF
1 backup CF
1 starting CM
1 backup CM
1 backup RB

Reckon we could manage that for <150m.

Sell:

Guendouzi - 8m (assuming this is already done and his attitude hasnt changed - I would be happy if he wants to come back and earn 1 more chance)
AMN - 10m
Nketiah - 5m (compensation)
Xhaka - 10m
Cedric - 0
Bellerin - 10m
Lacazette - 0
Torreira - 10m
Mavropanos - 3m
Mari - 5m
Nelson - 5m
Runarsson - 0

Total raised: 66m
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 42205
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Hypergooner wrote:It's an amazing situation that we find ourselves in.
Artetaball really doesn't lend itself to a 25 goal per season striker. His tactics rely more on wingers and CAM for goals. Maybe we would be better just getting in a strong link up player and not expect loads of gaols from them.
Ivan Toney is still on my wish list. The way he plays looks to suit Arteta perfectly to me. Would like to see that lanky Italian bloke (Scamacca) to come in with him though, just to mix the options up.


Well that tactic works just fine for Liverpool and Man City so I don't think it's really a criticism of 'artetaball' and more that people need to get used to the way the game is changing.

Obviously before someone tries to be smart, I'm not saying our football is anywhere near the level of those two.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 42205
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:29 am

Arsenal are ready to embark on the biggest summer spending spree in their history by targeting Real Sociedad's Alexander Isak, Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Wolves' Ruben Neves, reports the Sun.

Gunners owner Stan Kroenke is willing to back boss Mikel Arteta and has budgeted around £180 million ($244m) for the trio.

However, those deals are dependent on Arsenal securing a place in the Champions League next season.



So won't be happening then
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29423
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Nuggets » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 am

The first thing we need is a new manager, the only players who will want to come to us will be the ones that put money before trophies .
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 22121
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot [Bot], Hypergooner and 5 guests