2022 Summer Transfer Window

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:49 pm

Portugal has a strong group of players right now, and one of the best under 21 from that country should be good and full of promise.
ag6789
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:58 pm

ag6789 wrote:Portugal has a strong group of players right now, and one of the best under 21 from that country should be good and full of promise.


Like Nketiah was for England U21? Or Lokonga for Belgium U21?

Look behind the curtain of hype, we are assembling a a squad full of boys and sending them into battle vs men.

Tielemans and depressingly, Jesus, are our best hopes for an improved season. Everyone else, including the kids we bought last year is still "one for the future"
Highbury Hillbilly
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 10951
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Not to mention over playing our youngsters hurts them in the long run.. to much pressure and will end up with long term injuries.

Same thing happened to a lot of the barca youngsters when they tried to rebuild doing the same thing.
User avatar
22-0
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4152
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:30 pm

Boys vs Men?
Partey:29; Elneny:30; Ramsdale:24; Tierney:25; Gabriel Magalhaes:25; Holding: 27; Cedric: 31; Tomiyasu: about 24;Odegaard: 23.7;Saka:21;ESR: 22; Lokonga: 23; Xhakha: 30; Martinelli: 21; Nktiah: 23. Pepe: 26. That's about it for the existing first team cast. Don't see many boys really. Pretty good mix of experience and youth at least football wise. Add to that Vieira 22, and Jesus 27-28..looks pretty good to me.
Don't want 33,36,38s in my team really.
ag6789
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:40 pm

There are exceptions, but most footballers are in their prime between 21-32, and all of our footballers are within that range. So expect more maturity and better performance from them now on.
ag6789
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:30 pm

swipe right wrote:
Reiss wrote:If the players we're being linked with come in then it will be an excellent window.

We're going for some of the best talent in Europe in Vieira, Martinez etc. Top technical players that will take us up a level.

Exciting.

Bet you didn’t even know Vieira existed last week :rofll:


Vieira is an unknown, how many people had even heard of him before this week, much like Tavares when we signed him.
Salibatelli
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7121
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:40 pm

22-0 wrote:Not to mention over playing our youngsters hurts them in the long run.. to much pressure and will end up with long term injuries.

Same thing happened to a lot of the barca youngsters when they tried to rebuild doing the same thing.

Arsenal players appearances at 23 followed by total appearances for the club
Here is just a sample
O’Leary 308… 722
Adams 235…. 672
Armstrong 239…. 621
Rice 170…. 525
Storey 180…. 506
Simpson 142….. 478
Davis 201……445
Rix 231….. 449
Parlour 199….. 442
Merson 188….. 415
Vieira 172…. 400
Good enough
Old enough
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:26 pm

Good stats 'starmandb. Most top players start early.
ag6789
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby TedLasso » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Reiss wrote:If the players we're being linked with come in then it will be an excellent window.

We're going for some of the best talent in Europe in Vieira, Martinez etc. Top technical players that will take us up a level.

Exciting.

Bet you didn’t even know Vieira existed last week :rofll:


Vieira is an unknown, how many people had even heard of him before this week, much like Tavares when we signed him.


Much like Tomiyasu as well.
User avatar
TedLasso
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:13 pm

22-0 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Reiss wrote:If the players we're being linked with come in then it will be an excellent window.

We're going for some of the best talent in Europe in Vieira, Martinez etc. Top technical players that will take us up a level.

Exciting.

Bet you didn’t even know Vieira existed last week :rofll:



:rofll: :rofll:
:rofll: :rofll:
Last edited by theHotHead on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:17 pm

ag6789 wrote:Boys vs Men?
Partey:29; Elneny:30; Ramsdale:24; Tierney:25; Gabriel Magalhaes:25; Holding: 27; Cedric: 31; Tomiyasu: about 24;Odegaard: 23.7;Saka:21;ESR: 22; Lokonga: 23; Xhakha: 30; Martinelli: 21; Nktiah: 23. Pepe: 26. That's about it for the existing first team cast. Don't see many boys really. Pretty good mix of experience and youth at least football wise. Add to that Vieira 22, and Jesus 27-28..looks pretty good to me.
Don't want 33,36,38s in my team really.

Yes boys versus men or are you forgetting the youngest squad in the Premier League Trophy you and the others kept harping on about.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:21 pm

starmandb wrote:
22-0 wrote:Not to mention over playing our youngsters hurts them in the long run.. to much pressure and will end up with long term injuries.

Same thing happened to a lot of the barca youngsters when they tried to rebuild doing the same thing.

Arsenal players appearances at 23 followed by total appearances for the club
Here is just a sample
O’Leary 308… 722
Adams 235…. 672
Armstrong 239…. 621
Rice 170…. 525
Storey 180…. 506
Simpson 142….. 478
Davis 201……445
Rix 231….. 449
Parlour 199….. 442
Merson 188….. 415
Vieira 172…. 400
Good enough
Old enough

Football then is NOTHING LIKE football now.

You could get away with eating shit food, getting drunk and being totally unprofessional, you cannot now. Footballers are finely tuned athletes

The game is faster now, the ball is in play for longer too.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:26 pm

TedLasso wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Reiss wrote:If the players we're being linked with come in then it will be an excellent window.

We're going for some of the best talent in Europe in Vieira, Martinez etc. Top technical players that will take us up a level.

Exciting.

Bet you didn’t even know Vieira existed last week :rofll:


Vieira is an unknown, how many people had even heard of him before this week, much like Tavares when we signed him.


Much like Tomiyasu as well.

I don't think that's the point Salibatelli was making. Reiss is making out that he knows about Vieira by saying we are going in for some of the best young talent in Europe, he knows f**k all about Vieira but his lord and saviour Arteta wants him so he must be one of the best players in Europe :rofll:

You are right, most didn't know about Tomiyasu, but nobody came on the forum claiming he was one of the best in Europe!! We discovered his quality only after he played games for us.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:
22-0 wrote:Not to mention over playing our youngsters hurts them in the long run.. to much pressure and will end up with long term injuries.

Same thing happened to a lot of the barca youngsters when they tried to rebuild doing the same thing.

Arsenal players appearances at 23 followed by total appearances for the club
Here is just a sample
O’Leary 308… 722
Adams 235…. 672
Armstrong 239…. 621
Rice 170…. 525
Storey 180…. 506
Simpson 142….. 478
Davis 201……445
Rix 231….. 449
Parlour 199….. 442
Merson 188….. 415
Vieira 172…. 400
Good enough
Old enough

Football then is NOTHING LIKE football now.

You could get away with eating shit food, getting drunk and being totally unprofessional, you cannot now. Footballers are finely tuned athletes

The game is faster now, the ball is in play for longer too.

And you got kicked a lot more and teams used far fewer players throughout the season and there was 1 sub. Parlour and Vieira played in the post diet era and add to those Walcott Ramsey and Henry who played a lot of games young and went on to play a lot of games for us and there are others
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:28 am

Players were also a lot tougher then, they had to be, the focus in football is now on technical ability not how big and strong you are.

I was chatting to Leon Constantine at the weekend and he was telling me he is losing his enthusiasm for coaching because of the mindset of youth footballers, they don't want to put the effort in and they complain when they get the slightest touch, they are not tough.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests