2022 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:30 pm

Our deeper central midfield options:

Partey, Elneny
Xhaka, Samba

Can't count on Zinchenko cos Tierney's injury record means he'll be needed at left back.

That is not good enough. Especially when you look at the quality in the rest of the squad.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:20 pm

I don't think Tierney has been written of yet. Then there would be talk about him being sold or his contract terminated. I believe he the mgmt still thinks he's not a lost cause and can have a successful career at Arsenal as a first choice LB handling bulk of the load. So Zinchenko will have the opportunity to play in the midfield.
Also, if Saliba keeps up the good form, White can be used as DM or front sweeper against top teams. That'll take the defensive load off the CMs and they can concentrate on forward play.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TedLasso » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:45 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:Our deeper central midfield options:

Partey, Elneny
Xhaka, Samba

Can't count on Zinchenko cos Tierney's injury record means he'll be needed at left back.

That is not good enough. Especially when you look at the quality in the rest of the squad.

The longer they go without buying Tielemans, the more it convinces me that they think that's enough in midfield to contend. I hope not. It's imperative we find a better alternative to Partey than Elneny, a player I love but is far too limited.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:53 pm

TedLasso wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:Our deeper central midfield options:

Partey, Elneny
Xhaka, Samba

The longer they go without buying Tielemans, the more it convinces me that they think that's enough in midfield to contend. I hope not. It's imperative we find a better alternative to Partey than Elneny, a player I love but is far too limited.
It might be they think the later they leave it the less he'll cost (he'd be even cheaper if they could hold out til January). Problem is, if Zinchenko is needed to rotate at left back, we're a Partey injury and Xhaka suspension from Elneny-Sambi as our midfield base!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:42 am

We did this gambling shit last season and it backfired massively, if these f***ers are gambling again I will not be amused !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:41 pm

Well that’s Torreira confirmed gone
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby coolaa » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:47 am

I am happy to have saliba, Gabriel,white and holding as our CB. We r not City, you can't expect the board to spend money for 4 top CB.

To be realistic, If the board is willing invest in starting 11 and 5 subs being top class, I would satisfied.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby PairyGrows » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:37 am

theHotHead wrote:We did this gambling shit last season and it backfired massively, if these f***ers are gambling again I will not be amused !

The inability to learn from mistakes seems to run deep at this club. How many times have we left the squad short in a key area, only to have it predictably backfire on us? This comes from the mentality of doing the bare minimum instead of going to the necessary lengths, and it's indicative of the lack of genuine ambition at the club.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:04 pm

We're being connected with about 5 midfielders atm.

Lets just hope one of them comes off, but also we really need a potent winger / attacker.

The only way we'd make up for not signing the latter is if we let Jesus play with Nketiah at times, its not that Nketiah is amazing its more like Walcott, the eagerness to score goals is what causes the opposition problems.

Saka, Martinelli and in particular Odegaard lack that killer instinct for goal, Nketiah apart from Jesus is the only one in our squad who has it.

I always thought Pepe had an eye for goal but it appears he's a dead duck in our squad so we def need someone.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:23 pm

Denmark defender Andreas Christensen, 26, and Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, 25, who both joined Barcelona this summer, could leave the club for free if they cannot be registered before Saturday's first La Liga match. (ESPN)

Bring them home
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby elkanofan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:50 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
theHotHead wrote:We did this gambling shit last season and it backfired massively, if these f***ers are gambling again I will not be amused !

The inability to learn from mistakes seems to run deep at this club. How many times have we left the squad short in a key area, only to have it predictably backfire on us? This comes from the mentality of doing the bare minimum instead of going to the necessary lengths, and it's indicative of the lack of genuine ambition at the club.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:04 am

I'd like to concede a point to PNG, can't remember what thread it was on but it was about transfer rumours. I made a point that unless a rumour comes from someone reputable (official or unofficially official) the rumours can't be taken seriously. But since we had that discussion I have looked into all the transfers I have had a vague interest in following and pretty much none of them come from official means and a small amount come from unofficial official means.

So that means I have been accepting non-official rumours when I previously stated they meant nothing.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:54 pm

So according to "reports" it looks as though the next targets are ..........

Pino a winger from Villarreal

Various CM's including Tieleman's, the AC Milan CM and or a few others.

Well at least the targets we seem to be going for match what the fans are after, one more Attacker and a CM.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby TedLasso » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Still need to clear AMN, Nelson, Pepe, and Bellerin. Doubt we get more than 20m combined for these four.

Might as well go ahead and buy the players you want, these sales won't make a financial impact honestly.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:33 pm

TedLasso wrote:Still need to clear AMN, Nelson, Pepe, and Bellerin. Doubt we get more than 20m combined for these four.

Might as well go ahead and buy the players you want, these sales won't make a financial impact honestly.
It's their wages that'll stop us buying.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk