2022 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:00 am

Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
coolaa wrote:Jesus, Vieira, Saliba, tielemans.

A back up left back, and perhaps another speedy striker or a DM, I will be happy for this summer transfer window. and surely we can make into top four next season, if these mentioned players are all coming.

That would indeed be an OK window (add Turner) - however if Leno - Pepe - Bellerin - Holding - Laca - Guendouzi all leave. Will our squad be any stronger?

They're fringe or crap players so yes.

I'd like to keep Torreira though. He's quality and we need depth next season.

Not sure you grasp the meaning of squad depth - it's good to know that all our new signings are guaranteed to be world beaters impervious to injury from day one - oh wait this isn't FM is it.

We let seven so called "fringe or crap players" leave in January how did that work out come April/May?

Squad depth is about having at least two players for every position, not just trading out one for one - but you did know that right?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reiss » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:17 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
coolaa wrote:Jesus, Vieira, Saliba, tielemans.

A back up left back, and perhaps another speedy striker or a DM, I will be happy for this summer transfer window. and surely we can make into top four next season, if these mentioned players are all coming.

That would indeed be an OK window (add Turner) - however if Leno - Pepe - Bellerin - Holding - Laca - Guendouzi all leave. Will our squad be any stronger?

They're fringe or crap players so yes.

I'd like to keep Torreira though. He's quality and we need depth next season.

Not sure you grasp the meaning of squad depth - it's good to know that all our new signings are guaranteed to be world beaters impervious to injury from day one - oh wait this isn't FM is it.

We let seven so called "fringe or crap players" leave in January how did that work out come April/May?

Squad depth is about having at least two players for every position, not just trading out one for one - but you did know that right?

The difference is we didn't bring anyone in in January you lemon. This summer we are signing players and not only that, but players that are better than the fringe players we're letting go.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Est83 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:35 am

Those players don't play. We're assuming the new players will. So yes, even if it's one in, one out, it's still an improvement.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:36 am

Banter FC back in the building ...........

Now we're getting headlines for just making a signing, apparently we're all amazed, how condescending.

Does any other club get these sort of headlines? did we just sign Messi?

No we signed a relative unknown player from Porto but apparently we're all shocked and amazed at the greatness of this signing ......... ffs :doh:

"Shocked Arsenal fans hail imminent £30m signing of Fabio Vieira and praise Mikel Arteta for learning from legendary boss by sealing deal 'under the radar' "
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 am

We didn't pay the release clause ! Like Edu has delivered a masterclass in negotiation lol
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:46 am

Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:Jesus has chosen us apparently.

Breaking on twitter.

What a fantastic day it's been for Arsenal fans. The future is bright :arse flag.gif:

Agenda?

Not one CL team has made an offer - so he choose us - was that your agenda?

@GoonerViews: Gabriel Jesus would prefer to join Arsenal over Tottenham and Chelsea. Arsenal close to agreeing a deal for the Brazilian striker. [The Times]

More egg on face lmao

Sure we all want to think like that, but in REALITY there have been no bids for him from any CL club. He can "prefer to join Arsenal over Tottenham and Chelsea" all he wants, that's easy when it seems neither of them want him.

I look forward to him saying "I was only ever going to sign for Arsenal" the sooner the better, that doesn't mean I believe him nor that I think he's a good enough player to lead the line at a top four club ... very happy to be wrong.

I've come to learn that one of the traits from anti Arteta fans on here is continuing to argue a load of baloney even when facts have been presented to disprove their argument.

Twitter is not facts unless it comes from the most reliable of sources and even then they can get it wrong.

What sort of muppet doesn't understand that only the player, agent and club are the only people in that room and even then we can't read their minds.

Maybe Jesus does want to choose us ......... but none of us know that bar him or his agent so zip it and stop your low key trolling.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:52 pm

The reality is that even if we get Tielemans, Jesus and Vieira that is still not enough.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TedLasso » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Banter FC back in the building ...........

Now we're getting headlines for just making a signing, apparently we're all amazed, how condescending.

Does any other club get these sort of headlines? did we just sign Messi?

No we signed a relative unknown player from Porto but apparently we're all shocked and amazed at the greatness of this signing ......... ffs :doh:

"Shocked Arsenal fans hail imminent £30m signing of Fabio Vieira and praise Mikel Arteta for learning from legendary boss by sealing deal 'under the radar' "

It's a 24 hour news cycle, literally every big club gets headlines for any signing they make. What else is there to talk about in football right now? I think you're going to end up really liking this player. His passing chart is 98% forward and he creates a TON of chances.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:15 pm

Reiss wrote:The difference is we didn't bring anyone in in January you lemon. This summer we are signing players and not only that, but players that are better than the fringe players we're letting go.

Ah the fruit insult, how cute - let's just say you have memory issues otherwise you are indeed stupid .....

"We will REPLACE the players that left in January in the Summer" Arteta - now you may have forgotten that but that's because you're clearly not that smart. Only once we have replaced those players will we be ADDING to the squad.

Feck do you even follow our club?

I welcome these three / four decent signings, but that just gets us back to where we were six months ago - now we need some quality experienced players to move us forward, otherwise despite you wetting your pants, nothing much will have changed.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:16 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:The reality is that even if we get Tielemans, Jesus and Vieira that is still not enough.

For top 4? It should be but that's just my opinion. Who else would you want to see come in?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:17 pm

22-0 wrote:
Reiss wrote:Some of you are so anti Arteta you can't even see the basics of what he's saying.

He's saying we don't have players that can play in the pocket and he's spot on. The top teams like Liverpool and City have a plethora of these type of players but we're starved of them.

But don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

Only one with an agenda is you.

Yup. Its like we learned nothing grom having the youngest squad in the league, why can't Arteta use his f***ing brain for once. We don't need more kids, we need more leaders.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:19 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:The reality is that even if we get Tielemans, Jesus and Vieira that is still not enough.

For top 4? It should be but that's just my opinion. Who else would you want to see come in?

One or two quality centre backs, one or two quality DMs, an 80m proven striker and if possible replace two fullbacks with upgrades.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:24 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Breaking on twitter.

What a fantastic day it's been for Arsenal fans. The future is bright :arse flag.gif:

Agenda?

@GoonerViews: Gabriel Jesus would prefer to join Arsenal over Tottenham and Chelsea. Arsenal close to agreeing a deal for the Brazilian striker. [The Times]

More egg on face lmao

Sure we all want to think like that, but in REALITY there have been no bids for him from any CL club. He can "prefer to join Arsenal over Tottenham and Chelsea" all he wants, that's easy when it seems neither of them want him.

I look forward to him saying "I was only ever going to sign for Arsenal" the sooner the better, that doesn't mean I believe him nor that I think he's a good enough player to lead the line at a top four club ... very happy to be wrong.

I prefer to shag my missus than all the super models at the Elite Model Agency
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Breaking on twitter.

Agenda?

More egg on face lmao

I've come to learn that one of the traits from anti Arteta fans on here is continuing to argue a load of baloney even when facts have been presented to disprove their argument.

Twitter is not facts unless it comes from the most reliable of sources and even then they can get it wrong.

What sort of muppet doesn't understand that only the player, agent and club are the only people in that room and even then we can't read their minds.

Maybe Jesus does want to choose us ......... but none of us know that bar him or his agent so zip it and stop your low key trolling.

It's only unreliable when it suits you.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Reiss » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:02 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Reiss wrote:The difference is we didn't bring anyone in in January you lemon. This summer we are signing players and not only that, but players that are better than the fringe players we're letting go.

Ah the fruit insult, how cute - let's just say you have memory issues otherwise you are indeed stupid .....

"We will REPLACE the players that left in January in the Summer" Arteta - now you may have forgotten that but that's because you're clearly not that smart. Only once we have replaced those players will we be ADDING to the squad.

Feck do you even follow our club?

I welcome these three / four decent signings, but that just gets us back to where we were six months ago - now we need some quality experienced players to move us forward, otherwise despite you wetting your pants, nothing much will have changed.

We're trimming the fat and bringing in top quality players. The players you named like Bellerin, Matteo and Pepe don't even get minutes for us anymore.

If we get rid of 7-8 fringe, mediocre players, and bring in 4 top quality players then the squad has improved.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk