2022 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:30 am

Not sure Declan Rice will sell that many shirts tbh lol.

Would be funny seeing loads of Asian fans walking around with Rice printed shirts though.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:42 am

alexafc12 wrote:Not sure Declan Rice will sell that many shirts tbh lol.

Would be funny seeing loads of Asian fans walking around with Rice printed shirts though.

Why would that be funny?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:04 am

Hypergooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:£130m for Rice is pure stupidity, not even KDB is worth that.

Remember, he is a CM, not attacker. Pogba in his pomp sold for £89m 3 seasons ago and he could walk into ANY team in the world.

Value is about what they can bring to the club!

It's easy when it's not my money and the benefit of hindsight, but we have been a financial mess for years now. We have been selling for pennies, falling out of CL, loosing our global appeal and loosing branding revenue due to our frugality and "sustainable" model. It's been getting worse since Henry left in 2007, or maybe vieira in 2005. More kids buy PSG shirts than Arsenal shirts these days. Not because they are good, or in a good league. Just because of the poster boy players.
If we had gone out and bought a poster boy striker to replace Henry, a poster CM to replace Vieira, we would be in a different position now. We can blame the stadium, but we could have paid it off alot quicker had we been winning things and making money from superstar shirt sales etc.

Cesc, van Persie, Ozil, all sold lots of shirts. Our problem was never one off marque players. Out problem has been a quality squad that can mount a 38 game campaign.

Take your point on one off players, but Henry and RVP left because we weren't bringing in players to match their ability. If we had stopped going on about the cost of a world class CM etc. at the time, we would have been competing to their level and winning things.
My point is, price shouldn't stop us getting the players we need. We would make the money back in the success or shirt sales etc, they bring with them.

Ie. We buy Declan Rice and a quality striker this summer for silly money, lots of the transfer fee would be repaid in media, shirts and global appeal. The other player would raise their level and in theory, we would make up the few points difference that saw us miss out on 3rd this season. CL and additional TV revenues mean they have paid off the additional transfer fee in half their contract term

The alternative is what we have done for the last 15 years. Struggling through but slowly declining

Not sure Declan Rice is all that. And getting a quality striker will be difficult without CL. We’ll need a nifty bit of scouting to plug some of these big gaps.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby firfi » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Obviously 130m is insane and they're overpricing him ,but def for 80-90 hes the best you can buy.Very few good CF's would join Arsenal for a fee of around 50m ,not a single world class or close to it for sure and we're kinda deluded if we're thinking we can bring someone proven.The reality is we're getting Tielemans probably cause hes cheap and for that price we can't get better proven midfielder and we will do same for CF in terms of Jesus/Gnabry that are good ,but nowhere near top quality.Jesus's record in free flowing City is horrible and kinda same goes for Gnabry to a bit lesser extend.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:15 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Why would that be funny?

Because stereo types are easy to have a laugh at!
Just like people laughing at me for not going out in the sun, on account of my ginger hair. It's funny and considered good British humour!
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:21 pm

:rofll: :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:45 pm

This deal has trouble written all over it.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/ ... sao-paulo/
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:36 pm

Hopefully he's the next Ronaldo 9. It's about time we got some luck!

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:37 pm

Hopefully he's the next Ronaldo 9. It's about time we got some luck!

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:25 pm

Loool, thats funny shit
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:27 pm

I don't have a problem with us buying Declan Rice, he is exactly the type of player wr need

I see no sense in paying £130m, he aint worth anywhere near that. I would rather buy 3 good players with that money, that British surcharge is not worth it.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:48 pm

id love rice but 130m is stupid and unrealistic only PSG would do that.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:I don't have a problem with us buying Declan Rice, he is exactly the type of player wr need

I see no sense in paying £130m, he aint worth anywhere near that. I would rather buy 3 good players with that money, that British surcharge is not worth it.

Who could we get that can do the job he does though? Forgetting the money aspect, I see very few, if any players that can consistently dominate a midfield like he does. Traditional box to box CMs are not easy to come by these days.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:46 pm

I can't give you names, but needless to say there are enough out there. Every season clubs buy players that are a revelation in the Prem and we are left asking why we didn't buy that player.

I don't follow football close enough to give names, but I can guarantee there are more than a few options open to us that would cost comfortably less than £50m!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:I can't give you names, but needless to say there are enough out there. Every season clubs buy players that are a revelation in the Prem and we are left asking why we didn't buy that player.

I don't follow football close enough to give names, but I can guarantee there are more than a few options open to us that would cost comfortably less than £50m!

I'll admit I don't watch enough football outside the Prem to throw names about who do the box to box role, but I do keep an eye on other leagues and I haven't seen any player that has struck me as having that Vieira dominance in the middle of the park, like Rice does. Certainly not in the Prem.
If he goes to United, they will comfortably get top 3 or 4

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk