2022 January Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:51 am

^ he looks like he is in pain.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:^ he looks like he is in pain.
Or just shat himself
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:25 pm

Coutinho on a loan would never be bad imo, people act like he’s been shit since his big move but he was quality on loan at Bayern.

Don’t think we really NEED him but as a bonus attacker he wouldn’t be a bad option. Doubt barca want another loan though.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:^ he looks like he is in pain.

No Vaseline
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:34 pm

Santi wrote:Coutinho on a loan would never be bad imo, people act like he’s been shit since his big move but he was quality on loan at Bayern.

Don’t think we really NEED him but as a bonus attacker he wouldn’t be a bad option. Doubt barca want another loan though.

Why didn’t Bayern sign him then, all the reports said he didn’t perform for Bayern.

It’s a bad move, the guy hasn’t performed for years.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:32 pm

Generally, I think the only signings we should be making are younger players or mid 20's, who we know are good but have dipped a little. It's much better to have stars MAKE their names with us or relaunch their careers with us, than buy big names (who are often over rated anyway).
That would rule out someone like Coutinho.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Alexis » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Generally, I think the only signings we should be making are younger players or mid 20's, who we know are good but have dipped a little. It's much better to have stars MAKE their names with us or relaunch their careers with us, than buy big names (who are often over rated anyway).

we wont be going for him. BFG confirmed we fuked up previously and won't re-do the william type deals/

Fantastic line from Per Mertesacker to Süddeutsche Zeitung on Arsenal's recent failures of squad building

"We lost our way. We tried to bridge the gap to the top faster with costly investments. We fell on our faces with that."

https://twitter.com/jamesbenge/status/1 ... D2KA&s=09&
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:16 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Santi wrote:Coutinho on a loan would never be bad imo, people act like he’s been shit since his big move but he was quality on loan at Bayern.

Why didn’t Bayern sign him then, all the reports said he didn’t perform for Bayern.

It’s a bad move, the guy hasn’t performed for years.

Oh my god all the random internet reports say it so it must be true!

He got 25 G/A in 39 games and ripped his own parent club apart (in the Nou Camp nonetheless) coming on as a sub in the CL QF.

The reason they didn't sign him is because he was a luxury they didn't need, especially with Barca looking to get as much of their 120m back as possible.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:30 pm

Alexis wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Generally, I think the only signings we should be making are younger players or mid 20's, who we know are good but have dipped a little. It's much better to have stars MAKE their names with us or relaunch their careers with us, than buy big names (who are often over rated anyway).

we wont be going for him. BFG confirmed we fuked up previously and won't re-do the william type deals/

Fantastic line from Per Mertesacker to Süddeutsche Zeitung on Arsenal's recent failures of squad building

"We lost our way. We tried to bridge the gap to the top faster with costly investments. We fell on our faces with that."

Yeah I saw that... really smart and honest comment from Merts. He's doing a fine job by the way with the development players. Possible future manager.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:00 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Yeah I saw that... really smart and honest comment from Merts. He's doing a fine job by the way with the development players. Possible future manager.

When Wenger said that he was called a miser. Just for the record.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Alexis wrote:

No thanks, would never want Mertesacker as manager.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Hypergooner » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:27 pm

swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Charlie will be too light for a regular grind at this stage. His time will come in 3 yrs. Let him develop in good time.
Get a quality CM, maybe from La Madrid or Barca. They are putting up fire sale in Jan.

Modric
Kroos
Casemiro
Valverde
Camavinga

All off limits.

Then there's Isco and Ceballos. We've all seen Ceballos here, and Isco isn't the same Isco as during the three-peat or at Malaga.

That leaves Blanco and Arribas. Both are still primarily in Castilla and have huge potential, but are no where near ready to start at a big club.

+ coutinho

Don't need any of them.
In my opinion we need a Roy Kean/Veira/Gerrard type CM. Ie. A quality box to box player. What's the point in getting CAM types when we have Odegaard ans ESR.
Declan Rice would be ideal but we have no chance of getting him. Not sure of any obtainable players in that mould.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:52 pm

Alexis wrote:

I have no problem with us doing those sort of deals, we don't need to spend big to build a team capable of challenging for top honours. There are plenty of good footballers that we can get that won't cost an arm or a leg.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:54 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Alexis wrote:

When Wenger said that he was called a miser. Just for the record.
Let Chelsea buy their titles, I would much prefer to do it the way we did it before and the way Liverpool are currently doing it. Buy sensibly, have a good manager to develop a system that works
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:24 am

Window officially open

Let's see who we get to consolidate fourth
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk