2022 January Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pm

I can already see the Twitter talk. People are pissed that we're still loaning out players and only just recalling some players out on loan when we had the derby postponed. It does look nuts if being objective but other clubs are getting away it so....meh.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:I can already see the Twitter talk. People are pissed that we're still loaning out players and only just recalling some players out on loan when we had the derby postponed. It does look nuts if being objective but other clubs are getting away it so....meh.

Yeh, Liverpool called off our match then played 3 days later. I think Leicester cited injuries, AFCON and Covid and got their matach called off.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:I can already see the Twitter talk. People are pissed that we're still loaning out players and only just recalling some players out on loan when we had the derby postponed. It does look nuts if being objective but other clubs are getting away it so....meh.

Yeh, Liverpool called off our match then played 3 days later. I think Leicester cited injuries, AFCON and Covid and got their matach called off.

Plus, the PL rule is not about Covid exclusively. It's only about the number of players available, which can be for a number of factors. I am not sure how things like suspensions would factor into any PL decision but injuries are very relevant to the decision. The whole narrative that it's just because of Covid or it's not right is completely made up in order to create another anti-Arsenal story.

We said we could not field enough players. The league accepted it. That is it.
If there is any fault (and lets face it, like every other instance, there is NO way we couldn't field enough players), it lies with the league for not stopping it when Spurs first tried it and cheated the other clubs in the league by faking themselves a nice 2 week winter break.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:52 pm

Sead Kolasinac leaves by mutual consent
Goonerred

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:12 pm

Marseille have signed Kolasinac.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:39 pm

Great news.
More deadwood gone.
I think he'll do OK in France.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Reiss wrote:...wilshere anyone?

No thanks.

Definitely take him on pay as you play. He's better than Xhaka and Lokonga. We are now desperate for a quick fix in CM.
Still need to sign a long term option as well though

Wilshere can't play in our deep midfield pair, they are supposed to be the anchor of our team, Wilshere would get run over.

Jack is more a CAM type, closer to ESR than anyone else, in fact ESR is highly similar to a young Jack Wilshere.

Not sure what Wilshere you remember? Jack was more of a proper CM, he was never quick enough to play the CAM role from what I can remember. He used to collect the ball from deep and start the play forward, or start intricate play from outside the opposition box when we were in the final 3rd.

Watch YouTube. Most of the time he was in CM

No he didn't, CM doesn't mean Deep Lying CM / CDM though does it.

Why do you have to be quick to play no10? is Odegaard or Ozil quick? weird statement.

He was moved deep once in the dying embers of his career as cover for a while but most of his actual Arsenal career went like this ...........

Started off on the wing

Moved to the centre as a CM / CAM

Wenger used to play a 4-1-4-1 which we used to call a 4-5-1 but the actual shape was Song, Flamini, Coquelin as the CDM with Ramsey and Wilshere as the CM / CAM's.

Again depending on what period of Arsenal you're talking about, Wilshere was here for a long time and didn't always make first team starter, especially when we had Cazorla, Rosciky and Ozil.

In fact I remember when he was put deep for a period and we were having discussions about the fact that he's going to get injured ......... yep, the time we played City and Toure just brushed him off, we were all saying that's why he shouldn't play there, he was ending up as a heap on the ground a lot.

You might be right. I seem to remember him being all over the midfield ruining the show. He started a lot of moves from CM and popped up around the box, when we used to make 20 passes without going anywhere. played deeper at Bournemouth and West Ham. Obviously was always injured though.

Either way given how short we are in CM, I'd get him on pay as you play
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:10 pm

We should make a cheeky move for Eden Hazard! He's not getting game time at Madrid I think. Newcastle have just been rejected by him. We might have a chance

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:29 pm

Hypergooner wrote:We should make a cheeky move for Eden Hazard! He's not getting game time at Madrid I think. Newcastle have just been rejected by him. We might have a chance

Bale has better match fitness than Hazard these days. He is completely finished physically.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Partey coming home

There goes any chance of a new cm
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:20 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Reiss wrote:...wilshere anyone?

No thanks.

Definitely take him on pay as you play. He's better than Xhaka and Lokonga. We are now desperate for a quick fix in CM.
Still need to sign a long term option as well though

Wilshere can't play in our deep midfield pair, they are supposed to be the anchor of our team, Wilshere would get run over.

Jack is more a CAM type, closer to ESR than anyone else, in fact ESR is highly similar to a young Jack Wilshere.

Not sure what Wilshere you remember? Jack was more of a proper CM, he was never quick enough to play the CAM role from what I can remember. He used to collect the ball from deep and start the play forward, or start intricate play from outside the opposition box when we were in the final 3rd.

Watch YouTube. Most of the time he was in CM

No he didn't, CM doesn't mean Deep Lying CM / CDM though does it.

Why do you have to be quick to play no10? is Odegaard or Ozil quick? weird statement.

He was moved deep once in the dying embers of his career as cover for a while but most of his actual Arsenal career went like this ...........

Started off on the wing

Moved to the centre as a CM / CAM

Wenger used to play a 4-1-4-1 which we used to call a 4-5-1 but the actual shape was Song, Flamini, Coquelin as the CDM with Ramsey and Wilshere as the CM / CAM's.

Again depending on what period of Arsenal you're talking about, Wilshere was here for a long time and didn't always make first team starter, especially when we had Cazorla, Rosciky and Ozil.

In fact I remember when he was put deep for a period and we were having discussions about the fact that he's going to get injured ......... yep, the time we played City and Toure just brushed him off, we were all saying that's why he shouldn't play there, he was ending up as a heap on the ground a lot.

You might be right. I seem to remember him being all over the midfield ruining the show. He started a lot of moves from CM and popped up around the box, when we used to make 20 passes without going anywhere. played deeper at Bournemouth and West Ham. Obviously was always injured though.

Either way given how short we are in CM, I'd get him on pay as you play

............. ruining the show or running the show? :lol:

Not sure we should sign him if he's ruining the show?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm

Ach wrote:Worst transfer window ever?

Last summer and the one where we only bought cech tough to beat but if we get no one knowing we need players, this might top it

What window?

We've not even started yet, apart from an exodus of players.

No wonder we can't field an eleven for a match.

AMN, Kolasinac, Balogun gone, Elneny, Pepe, Partey, Auba at the AFCON, Xhaka being Xhaka.

Add to that the injuries and Covid cases.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm

@DiamondGooner ha ha stupid predicted text. He definitely ran the show. Used to love watching him play. Such a shame how things went for him. He had a huge future before the injuries.
Can't believe Burnley or Newcastle haven't given him a chance

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Anyone seen this Osimhen bloke play for Napoli? Supposed to be really good. Strong, energetic, pace, goals and only 22. Not seen anyone linked with him yet

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Worst transfer window ever?

Last summer and the one where we only bought cech tough to beat but if we get no one knowing we need players, this might top it

What window?

We've not even started yet, apart from an exodus of players.

No wonder we can't field an eleven for a match.

AMN, Kolasinac, Balogun gone, Elneny, Pepe, Partey, Auba at the AFCON, Xhaka being Xhaka.

Add to that the injuries and Covid cases.
We did this last January. Offloading players ready for the summer. They are thinking long term. They know who they do and don't want at the club and don't care about bringing in replacements if an offer comes in for someone they don't want.

Daft given fourth place is achievable but understandable given how we've struggled to get rid of deadwood.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk