2022 January Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 pm

Bissouma and a striker, RW as well at this rate.

Saka looks like he's hit his limits for now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:23 am

Need a couple of experienced midfielders in my opinion. Specially one that sits deeper next to Partey. But who can we get in January? Zakaria and Kessie both have contracts expiring in summer so we could make a bid for them. Their clubs may accept 20 mil rather than lose them for nothing.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:03 am

We need a striker.

Lacazette is gone in 6 months and what happens if he or Auba get an injury, we're back to playing a non-scoring CAM behind Auba leaving him isolated yet again and with even less goal threat.

An area we need to improve on as it is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:25 am

DiamondGooner wrote:We need a striker.

Lacazette is gone in 6 months and what happens if he or Auba get an injury, we're back to playing a non-scoring CAM behind Auba leaving him isolated yet again and with even less goal threat.

An area we need to improve on as it is.

Yes we do need a striker. We also need a CM. The reason I say that is we cannot control the largest stretch of pitch at the moment. Saka and ESR are too advanced. The full backs too wide which is leaving the two CMs to do too much. In my opinion we need another player like Partey - Zakaria or Kessie - and then play Odegard in a midfield three. I’d play Auba and Laca top with either ESR or Saka in a front three with ESR or Saka coming in to link up with Odegard as the extra attacking midfielder. At least till the summer when we replace Laca.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:27 am

Sign a CM and loan Jovic.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 am

A CF with holdup play and can go 90 minutes.
A goal-scoring winger.

Either one in January and the other in the summer will go a long way with a DM who's comfortable on the ball.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 am

Swap Laca for Kessie with Milan.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby billie86 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:58 am

Definitely need a more dynamic striker, not seen enough of vlahovic but he scored another 2 good goals against Milan yesterday, he's definitely the type of striker we should be looking at, young, strong, quick and can finish. We also need a beast in the middle of the park who won't be bullied, partey is too timid at times, we need a fabinho type player who won't be bullied and runs the game. If we can get hold of sterling I would take him as well, Saka isn't doing enough for me and we can't rely on pepe week in week out.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:19 pm

LMAO wrote:A CF with holdup play and can go 90 minutes.
A goal-scoring winger.

Either one in January and the other in the summer will go a long way with a DM who's comfortable on the ball.

We could sign prime Drogba, and it would only change so much. We need midfielders. We need the likes of Ozil, Cesc, Rosicky, Cazorla, etc.

Now of course if we signed a certain Roccuzzo, who I believe goes by the title 'Monsieur Roccuzzo' these days, who's of course the greatest to have ever played at the Bernabéu, that'd be a different thing. :P
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 am

Angelito wrote:
A goal-scoring winger.

We could sign prime Drogba, and it would only change so much. We need midfielders. We need the likes of Ozil, Cesc, Rosicky, Cazorla, etc.

Now of course if we signed a certain Roccuzzo, who I believe goes by the title 'Monsieur Roccuzzo' these days, who's of course the greatest to have ever played at the Bernabéu, that'd be a different thing. :P
We have Odegaard and Smith Rowe but the answer is to sign more #10s? Ok Arsene [emoji38]
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:07 am

At the moment our forwards are on the back foot because outside of the back four and GK, Partey is our only decensive player. Our forwards are having to drop back and help our midfield because Partey is doing all the work.

Put a DM next to Partey and Partey can then link up more with attack which is what he does best, Gabby and White can make runs from the back knowing they have someone to cover them and the forwards can focus on attacking.

I'm all for everyone working hard but the likes of Auba and Laca need to focus on scoring goals, not tracking back.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15 pm

^ We can't create and you're asking for more defensive players. Damn.

Doesn't this tell a story?

Smith Rowe has been our best performing attacking player this year, but his forte isn't vision and passing. Ødegaard is a better passer of the ball. He has the talent. He simply doesn't seem the right player for what Arteta is going for. As of now.

Cazorla, Rosicky, and prime Cesc could play as CMs in a 4-2-3-1. Rosicky wasn't used there as much. That doesn't mean he wouldn't look like a world-beater in this squad, even if he were a CM next to Thomas.

Chelsea could afford playing with two DMs or two B2B players because they had Drogba, Lampard, and later Hazard. None of our goal-threats are half as good as them. Neither do we have prime Mourinho, prime Ancelotti, or Conte at the helm.

The best way to go about is to sign a creative CM, employ a 4-3-3, and work on attacking football than trying to squeeze wins. We're not Burnley.

Winning the title isn't an objective at Arsenal. It hasn't been since we moved to the Emirates. Until 2013, it was circumstantial. By then, the whole dynamic of the Prem had changed.

Currently, the owners of Arsenal aren't intent on winning the league. They want to revert back to those top-4 years under their own terms and conditions. The short-term goal is to get back into the EL and long-term objective is UCL football.

It's too much of a toil for the Kroenkes to build a title-winning side. They're investors. They're businesspeople. Iirc, Stan's total investment was less than $1b (becoming Arsenal's majority shareholder). Today, Arsenal is worth around $2.5b. He's more than doubled his investment. Even if he does decide to sell Arsenal, it won't be for less than that. He'd demand at least £3b.

Digressing. I just wanted to talk about the objectives of Arsenal's current owners. And, I wanted to highlight that strong defenses are imperative for title winners. It's not nearly as important for a club that's hypothetically aiming for top-4.

We've been winning against clubs in crisis. We don't look fluent in attract. I read a statistic that 4/6 clubs we beat have sacked their managers this season. This isn't sustainable.

The last thing we need is more defensive signings. A stellar DM would be awesome. But what we need more is a creative CM, a winger, and a CF.

We need more goals. We need to create more. We need more attacking talent. Defense isn't an issue at Arsenal as of today. Not in the least when we can barely create or score from open play.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:21 pm

We need a proper creative midfielder. We are asking too much of Saka and ESR in terms of both creating chances and scoring.

Not sure what happened with Odegaard. His style of play seems to be much slower, and lately he can't even get into the starting XI.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:25 pm

A goal-scoring winger.

Ivan Toney and Sterling would do the job.
Renato Sanchez for the DM role
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Reiss wrote:^ Christ I could not think of a worse way to spend our money.

Sterling is a proven WC winger at a good age.
Renato Sanchez seems to have matured a lot since his Swansea days and is wanted across Europe.
Ivan Toney would be perfect for Artetaball in my opinion. Big, Strong, quick, aerial dominance, a finisher, can drop deep, the list goes on. Put him next to Auba and we will get goals and have a plan B

I'm from Peterborough, I know it's a different level but he bullied tough players at L1 level, bullied players in the Championship last season and is still bullying defenders in the prem from what I've seem. Brentford can't get the ball to him enough, we could!
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk