2022 January Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 pm

Angelito wrote:
LMAO wrote:A CF with holdup play and can go 90 minutes.
A goal-scoring winger.

Either one in January and the other in the summer will go a long way with a DM who's comfortable on the ball.

We could sign prime Drogba, and it would only change so much. We need midfielders. We need the likes of Ozil, Cesc, Rosicky, Cazorla, etc.

Now of course if we signed a certain Roccuzzo, who I believe goes by the title 'Monsieur Roccuzzo' these days, who's of course the greatest to have ever played at the Bernabéu, that'd be a different thing. :P

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 pm

Jude Bellingham please
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:45 am

TedLasso wrote:
swipe right wrote:Jude Bellingham please

I would pay all of Stan’s money for Bellingham but doubt he’s interested in us.

Let Jay have a word with him about our run from December to September. He won’t be able to resist.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:^ Christ I could not think of a worse way to spend our money.

Sterling is a proven WC winger at a good age.
Renato Sanchez seems to have matured a lot since his Swansea days and is wanted across Europe.
Ivan Toney would be perfect for Artetaball in my opinion. Big, Strong, quick, aerial dominance, a finisher, can drop deep, the list goes on. Put him next to Auba and we will get goals and have a plan B

I'm from Peterborough, I know it's a different level but he bullied tough players at L1 level, bullied players in the Championship last season and is still bullying defenders in the prem from what I've seem. Brentford can't get the ball to him enough, we could!

Im in Peterborough too :biggrin: Toney was a beast!!!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:36 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:^ Christ I could not think of a worse way to spend our money.

Sterling is a proven WC winger at a good age.
Renato Sanchez seems to have matured a lot since his Swansea days and is wanted across Europe.
Ivan Toney would be perfect for Artetaball in my opinion. Big, Strong, quick, aerial dominance, a finisher, can drop deep, the list goes on. Put him next to Auba and we will get goals and have a plan B

I'm from Peterborough, I know it's a different level but he bullied tough players at L1 level, bullied players in the Championship last season and is still bullying defenders in the prem from what I've seem. Brentford can't get the ball to him enough, we could!

Im in Peterborough too :biggrin: Toney was a beast!!!

Up the Posh :hiding:
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Reiss wrote:Vlahović is on fire. 29 goals in 39 league games in 2021.

Get it done.
https://twitter.com/Transferzone00/status/1465735334788886528?t=zPeCB45FlrF0pgNNFYZYTQ&s=19
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:30 pm

As we look to strengthen in January and next summer we shouldn’t forget some special academy talent that is coming through.
Balogun has outgrown the under 23s and should really be playing first team football whether on loan or at Arsenal.
Flores just got called up for the Mexico senior team.
Azeez is an absolute baller.
Patino is one of the academy’s most highly rated prospects.
Hutchinson continues to impress.

We have to find a pathway for these lads to the first team without disrupting the ability to buy experience.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 pm

swipe right wrote:As we look to strengthen in January and next summer we shouldn’t forget some special academy talent that is coming through.
Balogun has outgrown the under 23s and should really be playing first team football whether on loan or at Arsenal.

We have to find a pathway for these lads to the first team without disrupting the ability to buy experience.
No we don't. Just buy the best we can. Like with Saka/Pepe, and ESR/Odegaard the youth players have to up their game but can still overtake the big money signings.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:43 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
swipe right wrote:As we look to strengthen in January and next summer we shouldn’t forget some special academy talent that is coming through.

No we don't. Just buy the best we can. Like with Saka/Pepe, and ESR/Odegaard the youth players have to up their game but can still overtake the big money signings.

I would replace a bit player like El Neny with Azeez, Nketiah with Balogun. Include Flores to compete with Odegard etc.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 am

Mikel Arteta does not expect Arsenal to do much business in the January transfer window, though the club will move quickly if the right deal emerges.

"We are in discussion," said the Spaniard. "We have talks every week about it, how we can improve the team, and what things can happen in the January transfer window that can effect our squad.

"As you know, we have certain players with a little bit of uncertainty in the summer so we have to plan what’s going to happen now and what’s going to happen in the summer.

"A lot has to be done, we know and we don’t expect big things to be happening, but we need to be very alert in the market to see if we can improve the team.

"We have to be prepared because things can happen and injuries can arise in this period of the season and you have to be prepared and planned."

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:43 pm

There are zero rumours of us being linked with anyone. It's embarrassing considering our gaps during AFCON, and that several players will be out the door in the summer.

We aren't going to finish the season in the Top 6 with a negative goal difference.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:There are zero rumours of us being linked with anyone. It's embarrassing considering our gaps during AFCON, and that several players will be out the door in the summer.

We aren't going to finish the season in the Top 6 with a negative goal difference.

Embarrassing because there are no rumours???
JHC.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:51 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:There are zero rumours of us being linked with anyone. It's embarrassing considering our gaps during AFCON, and that several players will be out the door in the summer.

Agreed. I don't think we need much to push on this season but we definitely need some fire power. I'd be looking to bring in a top rank striker for Auba. He'd be ready for when Lacazette goes in the summer also

Not overly concerned with Partey going AWOL as I like Elneny short term and Xhakashit will be back.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Hypergooner wrote:

Agreed. I don't think we need much to push on this season but we definitely need some fire power. I'd be looking to bring in a top rank striker for Auba. He'd be ready for when Lacazette goes in the summer also

Not overly concerned with Partey going AWOL as I like Elneny short term and Xhakashit will be back.

If you are feeling a little lost for not having things to click to read made up stories about who we might sign, click here:
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... nsfer+News

Nicely aggregated bullshit for you.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Elneny will be gone as well won’t he?

So lokonga, xhaka and AMN for a month lol
Santi
SE13
SE13