Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:52 pm

They had Ferguson and they all grew up together.

Plus they also had some world class players alongside them as well.

It was a one off that will never happen again.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Says who? Anything is possible.
Our kids have grown up together too.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:09 pm

This reminds me of when people Arteta was going to be the next Klopp, was never going to happen.

Why won’t it happen again? Because clubs have too much money nowadays.

Two of our kids have, the rest are bought in, plus you’d need every to become world class as well. They also don’t have top players to learn from.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I agree with Jay in that our approach will be sweeter. I still think we can be competitive, we just need a good manager and shrewd purchases - Liverpool are showing the way at the moment and proving it can be done.

It doesn't matter that there will be another team to beat, if we can beat Man City and Chelsea to top spot Newcastle won't be any different.

I have absolutely no problem with Newcastle being taken over, my concern is with the clusterfuck we have at the moment at Arsenal.

Then you are clueless because it is a zero sum game. Newcastle will now finish every season above us which means we drop a level no matter how good Project Arteta turns out. The battle for the title will be between Newcastle, Chelsea and City with Liverpool and United fighting for the fourth spot. The rest of us won’t see the inside of the champions league again.

Yeah I agree with Swipe on this one.

All that's happened is another team has now emerged to upstage us, be more competitive than us and take a higher league position away from us.

Before anyone says "Well that might not happen" just take one look at City, where did they come from again? the Championship, now look.

"Newcastle will now finish every season above us"

You actually think that is true?
Really?

Don't put fkin words in my mouth.

I stated what I agreed with in my post, that doesn't mean me and Swipe are wearing the same underwear.

However, yes, once NC are up and running in a season or two and have all their players / manager / money etc they'll be performing similar to the rest of the top 4 ........... while we're what 11th?

We're stuggling to even finish far north of 10th place, we scraped 8th.

You think we'll be challenging for top 4?

Your delusion is going to hit home sooner than you realise, reality does't give a fk about your faith in Arteta, your predictions have taken an absolute kicking in the last 12 months and its not going to stop this season.

Remember you said we have a chance at top 4 because we're no longer in Europe and predicted a 5th place finish.

........... keep that same energy because I think we'll struggle to even get 7th / 6th.

My demand because of no Europe was top 4 no lower than 5th otherwise Arteta has to leave.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:16 pm

How anyone isn’t worried when a club like Newcastle are about to get a huge cash injection is beyond me.

It happened with Chelsea then it happened with Man City and we can’t get near either.

We have owners who aren’t interested and that will always impact our on field performance, these people accept and reward 8th place, any owner interested in success would sack a manager instantly after coming 8th, it’s non negotiable and that’s how it should be.

There’s definitely some delusion going on here about how we can compete when it’s been shown time and time again we can’t under the current owners, that’s not changing because they’re not suddenly going to decide they are interested in the sport.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I agree with Jay in that our approach will be sweeter. I still think we can be competitive, we just need a good manager and shrewd purchases - Liverpool are showing the way at the moment and proving it can be done.

It doesn't matter that there will be another team to beat, if we can beat Man City and Chelsea to top spot Newcastle won't be any different.

I have absolutely no problem with Newcastle being taken over, my concern is with the clusterfuck we have at the moment at Arsenal.

Then you are clueless because it is a zero sum game. Newcastle will now finish every season above us which means we drop a level no matter how good Project Arteta turns out. The battle for the title will be between Newcastle, Chelsea and City with Liverpool and United fighting for the fourth spot. The rest of us won’t see the inside of the champions league again.

Yeah I agree with Swipe on this one.

All that's happened is another team has now emerged to upstage us, be more competitive than us and take a higher league position away from us.

Before anyone says "Well that might not happen" just take one look at City, where did they come from again? the Championship, now look.

"Newcastle will now finish every season above us"

You actually think that is true?
Really?

Don't put fkin words in my mouth.

I stated what I agreed with in my post, that doesn't mean me and Swipe are wearing the same underwear.

However, yes, once NC are up and running in a season or two and have all their players / manager / money etc they'll be performing similar to the rest of the top 4 ........... while we're what 11th?

We're stuggling to even finish far north of 10th place, we scraped 8th.

You think we'll be challenging for top 4?

Your delusion is going to hit home sooner than you realise, reality does't give a fk about your faith in Arteta, your predictions have taken an absolute kicking in the last 12 months and its not going to stop this season.

Remember you said we have a chance at top 4 because we're no longer in Europe and predicted a 5th place finish.

........... keep that same energy because I think we'll struggle to even get 7th / 6th.

My demand because of no Europe was top 4 no lower than 5th otherwise Arteta has to leave.

So you don;t agree with Swipe then?
That was his point , that Newcastle will finish above us every year from now on.
I think that is nonsense.

Yes, I think we'll be challenging for top 4. I think we might just be short this year, but we'll see.
We were just 6 points off it last year and yes, we did have a chance just like I said.
We have been on top 4 form for some time so I think we'll be even closer this year.
I don't see Newcastle getting anywhere close to top 4 this season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:31 pm

I agree with his basic premise that NC are heading to be better than us in the next 2-3 seasons and that equals finishing above us more regularly than not like the rest of the top 5.

Doesn't mean its impossible for any other club on good form with a good manager to break in once in a while.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Özim wrote:They had Ferguson and they all grew up together.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:25 pm

Joe Willock must be fkin laughing.

Imagine if he becomes similar to Newcastles version of Sterling at City.

He'll have to impress for sure, he may even get moved on but if he can impress ............
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:25 pm

LMAO wrote:

No they had lots of other players they signed on top of some home grown talent, it even if you count them that’s 2 examples, both at ambitious clubs that demand success and don’t settle for 8th places.

Who are we kidding here comparing this club as it stands with a great Barcelona and Man U team, it’s that thing that Arsenal fans seem to do, just like they did with Arteta, it’s simply a pipe dream.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:27 pm

AFTV just came up with a fun fact.

The Saudi consortium has more money with £300 Billion than every owner of all the Premier Leagues clubs ....... combined!!!

Jesus.

NC fans are fkin laughing, they'll be the new PSG.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Yeah it’s ridiculous, but apparently some Arsenal fans are too good for billionaire owners who will not accept failure, they prefer 8th places and a model where progress is something you don’t even notice and involves not qualifying for Europe, thrashings and abject performances on a regular basis.

The acceptance of mediocrity has really been drummed into some fans, there’s been a morally superior attitude with some fans since we moved to the Emirates.

It’s worked out well, we’ve watched other clubs clear up and win the big trophies, but hey ho at least we can be proud that we got 8th place in the right way!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Fact is the landscape has changed.

In the Premier League its no longer Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd and one spare place for an in form club.

There are more multi-billion pound owners than ever before, either get with the times or go extinct.

We are fked basically.

City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea and now soon to be Newcastle have ........... more money, better players, better squads, better managers.

Now there's 5 of them meaning we'll be lucky to even get 5th.

Like I said before, Jay ......... better start finding some appreciation and love for the Europa, because that's the only European cup we're worthy of now, that is now a stone cold fact.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Özim wrote:
LMAO wrote:

No they had lots of other players they signed on top of some home grown talent, it even if you count them that’s 2 examples, both at ambitious clubs that demand success and don’t settle for 8th places.

Who are we kidding here comparing this club as it stands with a great Barcelona and Man U team, it’s that thing that Arsenal fans seem to do, just like they did with Arteta, it’s simply a pipe dream.

7 of that starting 11 were La Masia graduates.

You're moving the goalposts. You said what United did was a "one off that will never happen again." Except lightning can, in fact, strike twice.

We don't know what the future holds. Arsenal might become the next United or Barcelona, or it might not. But to definitively say either way is folly.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Don't worry Jay will spin it like we are going to complete with the big boys with this clown incharge
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk